Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late to the party: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/ford-shortchanging-customers.6818

Also... dunno if we should accuse the larger dealers of complaining to Ford that the smaller dealers were getting all of the reservation orders. I don't think we know the exact reasons for Ford changing the allocation formula... and for all we know this could have been the plan all along from the beginning and have nothing to do with what the dealers said or didn't say. Ford traditionally has always done allocation based on previous sales performance, so I personally am more inclined to think that this was the plan from the beginning.

BUT... feel free to complain all day about the public statement that Ford said they would build Broncos in approx. reservation order. Because their dealer allocation system goes directly against that public statement.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really good post well said

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You didn't say anything untrue or inflammatory. I don't doubt they will take it down, but only because they can't handle the truth being out there. Good job.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Late to the party: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/ford-shortchanging-customers.6818

Also... dunno if we should accuse the larger dealers of complaining to Ford that the smaller dealers were getting all of the reservation orders. I don't think we know the exact reasons for Ford changing the allocation formula... and for all we know this could have been the plan all along from the beginning and have nothing to do with what the dealers said or didn't say. Ford traditionally has always done allocation based on previous sales performance, so I personally am more inclined to think that this was the plan from the beginning.

BUT... feel free to complain all day about the public statement that Ford said they would build Broncos in approx. allocation order. Because their dealer allocation system goes directly against that public statement.
Biggest dealer within 50 miles of me was not even participating in the July 13-14, 2020 reservation process. That's just one of the reasons I went with a smalltown dealer, where everything is still small town (cue John Mellencamp) and where small town hospitality still reigned on Saturday's delivery. And I would tend to believe that smalltown dealers are less likely to price gouge

Since I have yet to come across another retailed Bronco locally I might even presume that mine is certainly one of the first delivered within 50 miles.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BUT... feel free to complain all day about the public statement that Ford said they would build Broncos in approx. reservation order. Because their dealer allocation system goes directly against that public statement.
I will agree that there is no evidence this was done just for the big dealers. But looking at how this new allocation formula favors the big dealers, and punishes small dealers what other conclusion could there be? I think you can agree that it is an overtly skewed formula.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great post. I also commented
Cant believe how dead that forum is. I hadn't been there in months myself
I don't stop by there aften myself Justin. It seems it's more bland over there, while things are free flowing and maybe even at times like the wild west over here. It's much more fun on the Bronco6g.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious if this is being looked at in the right way? I read the allocation post but maybe I don't understand. Wouldn't dealers that sell more get a bigger cut naturally without any kind of manipulation? Smaller dealers sell less and therefore naturally getting a smaller cut but doesn't affect overall? This is all just me trying to wrap my head around it. Bottom line though, reservation time should be king and allocation be damned until stock units roll out.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah it's hard to have an open and lively community when you know the Bronco Nation is ran by a marketing firm that was hired by Ford specifically to promote the Bronco.

And the Bronco Nation membership seems practically worthless. I don't know if anyone who has a membership can comment, but from the outside it seems like you get access to an exclusive T-shirt or two and... that's it? I guess?
That's me ✋🏾. Early 2021 in my bronco craze I became a premium member. Got one box of pro Bronco Nation stuff that I put down in the dungeon and haven't seen since. And other than that nothing. B6g has provided 1000% over Bronconation in terms of real information and satisfaction as a 6th gen Bronco enthusiast
Truthfully I don't think Ford was intending to punish the small dealers.

The new allocation formula is similar to the "standard" Ford allocation formula. Generally speaking, the more vehicles you sell, the more allocation you get. It has always been that way for as long as I can remember. It system doesn't really punish smaller dealers, it is just rewarding the dealers that sell the most vehicles... which... honestly... makes sense.

Don't need to tell anyone on this forum, but obviously the more traditional allocation formulas are not compatible with the new reservation system. In my opinion, they should just continue the 2021 allocation system into 2022 to reflect the fact that they couldn't ship the majority of the 2021 orders. The 2021 allocation system wasn't perfect, but at least it took into account the reservation system that Ford themselves created.
It's almost as if the people at Ford who engineered the allocation formula and the ppl who created the reservation system aren't talking. A case of one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing perhaps?

Is Ford too big for their own good?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will agree that there is no evidence this was done just for the big dealers. But looking at how this new allocation formula favors the big dealers, and punishes small dealers what other conclusion could there be? I think you can agree that it is an overtly skewed formula.
Good post. Hope they don't take it down. I agree there is no hard evidence it was done for the big dealerships but we do know they hold some sway with Ford. We also know that Mike Levine made a public uneducated and snide comment about Granger, which may be indicative of Ford's overall view of Granger, Chapman, Stephens, etc and their type of business model. This whole thing really is a fecal fiesta but Ford still has an opportunity to do the right thing here and not renege on their word. Just honor reservations in order, whichever dealership the order was ultimately placed with. Get it together @Ford Motor Company. This is too easy to screw up.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah it's hard to have an open and lively community when you know the Bronco Nation is ran by a marketing firm that was hired by Ford specifically to promote the Bronco.

And the Bronco Nation membership seems practically worthless. I don't know if anyone who has a membership can comment, but from the outside it seems like you get access to an exclusive T-shirt or two and... that's it? I guess?

Truthfully I don't think Ford was intending to punish the small dealers.

The new allocation formula is similar to the "standard" Ford allocation formula. Generally speaking, the more vehicles you sell, the more allocation you get. It has always been that way for as long as I can remember. It system doesn't really punish smaller dealers, it is just rewarding the dealers that sell the most vehicles... which... honestly... makes sense.

Don't need to tell anyone on this forum, but obviously the more traditional allocation formulas are not compatible with the new reservation system. In my opinion, they should just continue the 2021 allocation system into 2022 to reflect the fact that they couldn't ship the majority of the 2021 orders. The 2021 allocation system wasn't perfect, but at least it took into account the reservation system that Ford themselves created.
I beginning to think Ford may just wish they hadn't gone with the reservation system, and just built the Bronco and distributed it like any other vehicle. I understand their thinking that the new way could garner more attention, and build hype and excitement around the Bronco. At first it did just that, but that was quite short lived for those of us that jumped at that hype. Like @WatchYourSix said, maybe Ford should just bite bullet, get the reserved units out, and go back to the norm after that's done.
Sponsored