First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ran engine to warm up the oil. Let sit for a few min and I’ll is at top of hash mark. I’m leaving it.
Sponsored

SCB FabWorx

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cadillac CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you unscrew the oil filter before you drained the oil? or after?
My 2.7 holds just a little shy of 7-quarts.

OP
OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After, since I wasn’t sure if it would spew oil everywhere.

Sponsored

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Quick update. Check it cold this morning and it measure about an 1/8” over the top dot. I estimate that to be about half a quart (give/take). Thoughts on trying to remove the plug slowly and drain a bit - easier said than done with this horrible oil plug.
IMG_1023.jpeg
Man you will be changing the oil again if you try that maneuver. Get a Ronin plug for your next change. It gives you the ability to drain just a little if you need.

OP
OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man you will be changing the oil again if you try that maneuver. Get a Ronin plug for your next change. It gives you the ability to drain just a little if you need.
I’ve been researching that, but had a spare 2 hours yesterday and quickly bought the parts/supplies.

Are the dealers and Ford okay with Ronin / Ronin-like plugs? You never now with them.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So to clarify, you know that the Broncos (esp the 2.7) comes overfilled from the factory right?

Meaning if you were to check the oil from the factory, it would be about a quart higher than the "max".

Based on your pic, the oil level looks to be exactly where it would have been from the factory.

One of the first things I did when I got my Bronco home was to let it sit overnight and then pull the dipstick and scratch it at the oil level.

*Edit* Finally got around to doing my oil change so a took a pic. The scratch is where it is filled from the factory.

Ford Bronco Oil level phenomenon 20230803_084331

Last edited:

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First I understand,with the 2.7 ticking grenade,I have changed my oil three times in the first eight grand sending the oil to blackstone for oil analysis,now get rid of the stock plug buy a good replacement with a check valve drain system no mess,I tend to jack driver side and fill I get a little more oil out,but Ford has waffled on the level,I use 6 quarts of Royal purple so I can see the oil on the stick and a ford oil filter.I have seen that the last quart to get to top hatch line must be very slowly added,This is a LONG OIL CHANGE LOL.Checking takes an hour,after shut down..good luck

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been researching that, but had a spare 2 hours yesterday and quickly bought the parts/supplies.

Are the dealers and Ford okay with Ronin / Ronin-like plugs? You never now with them.
yes

Sponsored

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

easy way to state,Dry oil fill from factory 7 quarts once there is oil in the lines and the turbos replacement oil is around six and can vary on the procedure used open cap remove oil filter drain oil sump,refill with caution lol.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick update. Check it cold this morning and it measure about an 1/8” over the top dot. I estimate that to be about half a quart (give/take). Thoughts on trying to remove the plug slowly and drain a bit - easier said than done with this horrible oil plug.
Ford Bronco Oil level phenomenon 20230803_084331
I see something like that; I shrug my shoulders, say hmmm, then I ship it. Just look at that dipstick. EXACTNESS isn't exactly a thing when it comes to oil level.

What could cause this?
You didn't get all the old oil out.
Oil filter changed volume it will hold.
Oil jugs you used were overfilled.

This thread covered the 2.7 oil pan and it's capacities. Again, don't worry about it, ship it.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-7-oil-pan-capacity-answered.57293/

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked mine before my first oil change. I have the same results as with yours. Oil is 1.25" from the tip.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine was overfilled by Ford too. Almost 1.25" from the tip. Build date was March 20, 2023.
Did my first oil change at 1050 miles, let it drain for an hour, 7 qts came out. I replaced with 6qts, it's at the top of the hash marks after sitting overnight.... at the top of the 'nominal' range and below the 'overfilled' 2nd hole.
Ford Bronco Oil level phenomenon 1694016863763
Sponsored