Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like the title says. I'm in the market for a new pressure washer for cleaning my Bronco, and I'm wondering what the forum favorites are. I'm leaning toward gas-powered over electric, but could be swayed. Maybe.
Tell me why it's awesome, and link 'em if you can, please.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d recommend the active ve52 electric power washer Amazon sells them they work great and don’t break the bank I added flexilla power washer hose to mine and instead of there wand bought an mtm shorti and bought a foam cannon for it only got to use it once so far but works great I also added quick disconnect fittings to it

OP
OP
OkieB6G

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like the title says. I'm in the market for a new pressure washer for cleaning my Bronco, and I'm wondering what the forum favorites are. I'm leaning toward gas-powered over electric, but could be swayed. Maybe.
I have the cheap-o from HD. It's electric and 1600 PSI, it serves it's purpose.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no recommendations or favorites (except for a Hotsy, but nobody is buying one for a Bronco) but I did pick up a 40v Kobalt pressure washer. Haven't tried it yet but I think the lower pressures will be good for knocking off the big crap.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You want electric. You don't need or want the higher pressures from a gas PW to wash a vehicle.

The other reason is the unless you spend big bucks on gas PW you have to turn off the engine if you aren't spraying. The pump will burn up without water flowing through it. You'll have most people say 30-60 seconds tops of the PW running without spraying.

There's other advantages of electric with much less maintenance, fuel storage, etc.

I use low tier Ryobi that was $99 at Home Depot a couple of years ago.
Buy an extra hose to give more reach as most only come with 20-30 foot hoses.

Car detailers buy high end electrics that have moderate pressure and high volume, if you want to spend $1200+.

Last edited:

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

anyone have a good recommendation for an undercarriage pressure washer?

Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been looking into this as well and noticed some things. Most quality foam cannons (if you are thinking of going that route) recommend at least 2.0GPM flow. I have yet to come across an electric that flows that much (not saying they aren't out there...I just haven't come across one).

Looking at the Home Depot website as a starting point, that moved me to gas. Then you have to choose how robust of one you want. I noticed Ryobi lower priced gas have their own branded engine, but you can step up to a Honda engine as well.

Finding one that ticked all the boxes I would look for comes in about $400...but I know it will also take care of any household jobs I would have too.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought this one to power wash my deck before staining it. Nice unit, not too expensive, just powerful enough for most small jobs! Light weight easy to use!
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2...lectric-Pressure-Washer-RY142022VNM/313760964

OP
OP
OkieB6G

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been looking into this as well and noticed some things. Most quality foam cannons (if you are thinking of going that route) recommend at least 2.0GPM flow. I have yet to come across an electric that flows that much (not saying they aren't out there...I just haven't come across one).

Looking at the Home Depot website as a starting point, that moved me to gas. Then you have to choose how robust of one you want. I noticed Ryobi lower priced gas have their own branded engine, but you can step up to a Honda engine as well.

Finding one that ticked all the boxes I would look for comes in about $400...but I know it will also take care of any household jobs I would have too.
That's what got me looking at gas, too. I'd like to be able to use a foam cannon, but I haven't seen many electric PWs that seem like they'll keep up. Gas seemed the way to go, but replies here indicate maybe electric is a better cost/value ratio if I can find a foam cannon that'll work with it.

Either way, it sounds like another trip to Lowe's is in my future 😅

OP
OP
OkieB6G

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$99 bucks at Lowe’s. Bought it about 3 months ago. Does a great job. I did buy a better hose & foam cannon. So I’m about $150 all in. Happy so far. Nice and small

Ford Bronco Okay - Name Drop Your Favorite Pressure Washers DFBE9991-45AB-44B8-BD57-5A9FD53908E8
Does the foam cannon work well with it? I've thought for a bit now that I'd need a much stronger PW to also have a foam cannon, but replies here contradict that so far.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the foam cannon work well with it? I've thought for a bit now that I'd need a much stronger PW to also have a foam cannon, but replies here contradict that so far.
Works great. I’m not even sure what brand I bought. i bought to only one my local autozone had in stock the day I walked in about $25-$30 bucks I think
Sponsored