Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The are custom built wheel smith wheels. 17x18 smoothie. With a +30mm offset. With police interceptor caps with custom graphics designed by me. The wheels are 280 a wheel. Plus 50 each for powder coating. And 40 each for the center cap. They are a little more expensive then and alloy wheel. But are exactly what I was wanting for my 2 door bronco. Now it is just a waiting game.
I'll hold onto those for you until your Bronco arrives if you want. Haha! Those are rad. Best I've seen on the group.
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be looking for something like the western turbine wheels when the time comes.
1978-ford-bronco.jpeg
A high-school friend had that exact truck but with a 429/C6 swapped in. It was a beast. Another friend 'bought' it from them and bounced it between a few trees, neglecting to pay the agreed upon final sum... A terrible waste.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok my wheels are all done for my rig. Now all that needs to happen is be delivered. Had a 11/3 build date. And sill no sign of it. Getting frustrated for sure.

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options 1640143513775

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options 1640143513775
Damn! I knew you had good taste and was excited to see your setup. You’ve done a ton of leg work and I, for one, appreciate it. They’re gonna look proper. Hope you get your Bronco soon! Thanks to you, I’ve got WheelSmith bookmarked. Gonna run my black steelies with beauty rings for a bit until the I pull the trigger on a similar setup.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn! I knew you had good taste and was excited to see your setup. You’ve done a ton of leg work and I, for one, appreciate it. They’re gonna look proper. Hope you get your Bronco soon! Thanks to you, I’ve got WheelSmith bookmarked. Gonna run my black steelies with beauty rings for a bit until the I pull the trigger on a similar setup.
Ask for terry and tell him John Jarvie sent you and you want his same setup.
I'll hold onto those for you until your Bronco arrives if you want. Haha! Those are rad. Best I've seen on the group.
Hahaha. Thanks for the offer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

love those wheels - what is your sense of whether wheelsmith could design something that looks like the classic US Mags slot/kidney bean wheels? maybe a group buy?

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

love those wheels - what is your sense of whether wheelsmith could design something that looks like the classic US Mags slot/kidney bean wheels? maybe a group buy?
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options AA3BC3E9-B294-4138-87FA-E3C693CDC48A

@Alfie623 found them.

They are Indy 101’s made by US Mags, the same parent company as American Racing who probably made the slots on your ‘79. I have them on my ‘83 also.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

only issue with them for me is the poke! I need them tucked and truer to the original stance!

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they make a "slot mag" in a Bronco appropriate offset, that would be my first choice. Until then my requirements are light weight, easy to clean, and strong. So far these Motegi's are leading the pack. I will likely have them powdercoated silver.
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options AA3BC3E9-B294-4138-87FA-E3C693CDC48A
For $205 and coming in at 24.5 lbs per corner these are a great deal. I agree light weight simple to clean and I have to add hidden valve stems, which these are recessed well and strength is the most important. At least for me because I know I'll hit some solid trails with my Badlands. I don't know enough about these in that aspect. Have you read anything about their build quality?
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options VolkTE37XProgressive16x8.0_06-139.7Bronz

These Volks are forged and strong as all get out. They have an amazing weight, around 18 lbs per corner which is bonkers but they're $800 and change per wheel.

Sponsored

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I doubt they would. They are more of just a steel wheel company. But you could just call them and ask.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think I will give them a ring after Christmas and see if they would be up for it - will circle back
meantime, can't wait to see your wheels on your Bronco - they are gonna look awesome.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I could find a set of Cragar's to run, I'd rock them for fun. I ran a set on my old Silverado
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options IMG_6453-X3

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options IMG_6519bw-X3

Otherwise, I'll probably lean more towards Wheel Vintiques and go with their options. I ordered a set of 16x7's for my Colorado. Originally ran 235/85's but switched to 285's. If I wanted to order trim rings or center caps, they were available. Really allows someone to get that retro look down.

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options IMG_4228-X3

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options IMG_4590-X3

Odds are if these fit, I'm going to go with a set.
https://www.wheelvintiques.com/17x8-fj-rally-satin-black-6x5-5-bolt-5-0-backspace.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

just saw this on instagram - anyone know who makes these wheels and the specs by chance? the person who posted it has been asked by a few people but as of yet no answer as far as i can tell!
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options 1640317163346

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
just saw this on instagram - anyone know who makes these wheels and the specs by chance? the person who posted it has been asked by a few people but as of yet no answer as far as i can tell!
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options 1640317163346
Vision Turbines, I have 5 of them in my garage waiting to go on if my Bronco ever shows up
Sponsored