RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would doubt heat would be too bad unless you're racing it, or really getting after it. Broncos aren't smash gas, heavy braking entering corners vehicles. I'd be more worried in a sports car.
On a family road trip to California I managed to warp the rotors on our Durango on a simple downhill freeway descent in traffic, and the wheels on the vehicle are about as open and airy as can be.
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On a family road trip to California I managed to warp the rotors on our Durango on a simple downhill freeway descent in traffic, and the wheels on the vehicle are about as open and airy as can be.
Downshift. Don't ride the brakes down a hill on an any vehicle. And also, you prove my point that it's not the wheels. Yours were as ventilated as can be. One word, Durango.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Downshift. Don't ride the brakes down a hill on an any vehicle. And also, you prove my point that it's not the wheels. Yours were as ventilated as can be. One word, Durango.
Actually, it was the automatic cruise control auto-braking whenever someone cut me off, because California.

Also, if you think Ford uses higher-quality rotors than Dodge: 😂

The point is lack of brake ventilation may be problematic for more vehicles than racing cars on a track.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually, it was the automatic cruise control auto-braking whenever someone cut me off, because California.

Also, if you think Ford uses higher-quality rotors than Dodge: 😂

The point is lack of brake ventilation may be problematic for more vehicles than racing cars on a track.
So you are claiming that in one trip soo many people cut you off that somehow you ruined your rotors and you think that you are a good driver or your durango are of a high quality? The math does not add up with all due respect. Either you are a bad driver or your durango stinks. or both. Please Tell us all how that happened in one trip.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Old school wheels options IMG_1800

Saw this today on TFLNow's Community Tab. Owner didn't mention any specific details of the setup but I really like it.
Beauty rings and dog dishes are a great way of going with steelies. Very old school going back to the 50's.

These have the more modernized "Artillery" style of holes in the rim so that pushes the style forward a few decades from post-war 40's when artilleries were standard fare.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Saw this today on TFLNow's Community Tab. Owner didn't mention any specific details of the setup but I really like it.
Wow! Haven't seen chrome beauty rings in a long time! Definitely different. That's a hard pass for me though!

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it. Would love to know more about the caps. As well as how they mounted that roof rack.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Love it. Would love to know more about the caps. As well as how they mounted that roof rack.
Dog dishes are just push-on compression fit, same as they have always been. There's a provision on the steel rim itself to accept whatever size that rim deems is standard (there is no one set standard size that they all are as it varies by decade what was C'est très en vogue en ce moment ).

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I need those center caps! Got any details?

Sponsored

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dog dishes are just push-on compression fit, same as they have always been. There's a provision on the steel rim itself to accept whatever size that rim deems is standard (there is no one set standard size that they all are as it varies by decade what was C'est très en vogue en ce moment ).
Thanks for the info. But I understand how dog dish work. I have had them on other cars of mine. But these are stock bronco rims, and they do not have the provisions to hold a dog dish. He has used some other type of mount. Like mounting to the lug nuts. Or a clip that is mounted to or under the lug nut. That is what I am interested in knowing. And what cap those caps are from.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I need those center caps! Got any details?
Thanks for the info. But I understand how dog dish work. I have had them on other cars of mine. But these are stock bronco rims, and they do not have the provisions to hold a dog dish. He has used some other type of mount. Like mounting to the lug nuts. Or a clip that is mounted to or under the lug nut. That is what I am interested in knowing. And what cap those caps are from.
They are homage dogdishes to the Ford Ranger "poverty" caps. (the common term for them, not mine)

From zooming in on the pics provided above, they appear to be press-on to the lugs themselves as there's no provision on the BD wheel

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options 2021-ford-bronco-23l-black-diamond-101-1627680346[1]

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are homage dogdishes to the Ford Ranger "poverty" caps. (the common term for them, not mine)

From zooming in on the pics provided above, they appear to be press-on to the lugs themselves as there's no provision on the BD wheel

Ford Bronco Old school wheels options 2021-ford-bronco-23l-black-diamond-101-1627680346[1]
Yep exactly. I will have to do some research on them. I have a set of black diamond wheels and like the look. But the bronco is 6 lug and old rangers were 5 lug and used a clip rig. I had these ranger caps mounted on my LS swapped Volvo. But this cap is a little different. But still looks to be for a 5 lug.

9262AC68-168B-4EC6-85A9-3BF13950E7CD.jpeg

Attachments

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base