Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been thinking about something for a while and that is the onboard door storage. Don't get me wrong it is a great idea and I am glad they thought of it but it doesn't seem that useful for practical life (yes I know the offroading and rock crawling argument) but I have had a jeep for years and I never had my doors on and even during highway driving it was fine and when it rained I was much happier to have my soft top still onboard and at the ready and didn't need the doors. So my question is why not focus on hard top storage onboard. I am only referring to say the front two segments on the two door (driver and passenger) and the middle piece on the four. I am going to jerry rig something I have no doubt but still that would be real nice to have much more in my opinion than door storage
Sponsored

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been thinking about something for a while and that is the onboard door storage. Don't get me wrong it is a great idea and I am glad they thought of it but it doesn't seem that useful for practical life (yes I know the offroading and rock crawling argument) but I have had a jeep for years and I never had my doors on and even during highway driving it was fine and when it rained I was much happier to have my soft top still onboard and at the ready and didn't need the doors. So my question is why not focus on hard top storage onboard. I am only referring to say the front two segments on the two door (driver and passenger) and the middle piece on the four. I am going to jerry rig something I have no doubt but still that would be real nice to have much more in my opinion than door storage
I asked about how the doors stored while I was at super celebration east, my question was “is there a rack or molded slot in the cargo area that the doors fit in?” He said they just go in the storage bags and lean against each other. There’s nothing that actually keeps them in place from my understanding, except maybe a strap. So if you could find hardtop storage bags and if the top Sections aren’t bigger than the doors I don’t see why they wouldn’t fit in the back instead.

OP
OP
noahr

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked about how the doors stored while I was at super celebration east, my question was “is there a rack or molded slot in the cargo area that the doors fit in?” He said they just go in the storage bags and lean against each other. There’s nothing that actually keeps them in place from my understanding, except maybe a strap. So if you could find hardtop storage bags and if the top Sections aren’t bigger than the doors I don’t see why they wouldn’t fit in the back instead.
Yeah I have a feeling it is just a gimmick to be able to say we do this and jeep doesn't but yeah Im thinking even if i cant put them in bags find a way to strap them down i am getting a two door anyway so i only need to hold the two front segments

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read that the 2 door has longer doors that don’t stow as nicely as the 4 door.

fastone

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2013 F-150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read or heard that the door storage bags were to be an option. Anyone know or just shut up and wait for B&P? Probably a pretty penny as an option.

Sponsored

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been thinking about this too for the 4D Black Diamond, with a twist: leaving the rear top section off. In the event of unexpected rain, I'd put on the front and middle pieces and let the active drains do their job. Likely best with only two of us in the Bronco. If it doesn't work well, I'll keep the rear section on for extended trips.

Perhaps there will be a storage container accessory option for the front and middle section tops.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No offense to you, but if the plan is throw your doors in the back and go off roading, that’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard and nobody who just drop 45k gonna risk denting them up. I’d bet big money ford will be selling a storage rack for the bed which will set everyone back a few bucks.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cruising around with the doors in the back makes it very easy for thieves.
Sponsored