E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be disappointed with only 1 attachment point on the rear shell. If I was ever going to do a roof rack on the Bronco, it would be the small rear rack that is on the red one shown above. Not sure why they would show an option like that and not make it happen on production vehicle.
Maybe that rep meant you can't get that configuration from the factory, and need to buy the additional cross brace to make that setup work...
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hope you are correct and that the rep I spoke with was wrong. Seems like Ford is wasting an opportunity here.
maybe its a variation from the modular and non modular on the 4 door top. that pic looks like its good to go

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am gonna go with having a fold up bimini top for those situations.
No doubt, but the hard top will be on the majority of the time and this could be a way to go topless if you happen the have the hard top on.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately, only one of the attachment points for that rack will exist on the production vehicles. That is a custom one-off for the road shows.
Maybe, but all of Ford’s website photos of the 4 door hard top have 2 attachment points on the rear. The 2 door on the other hand has only 1. Hopefully they were just talking about the 2 door.....

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You live in FL - you do not need the hardtop - just get soft - what does your family have against soft tops ?
I mean, I guess it’s our reasons and not your reasons? o_O

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford may not offer it as a standard option, but a 6 point rack would likely be available from yakima. I am also hoping for one that has plenty of clearance to remove all three panels aswell. I am glad I am a second year buyer because I can wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with. Not a hardtop, but I have this crazy plan for something like the ursa minor top but all soft top and foldable. Around that I would do something like the congo cage racks that mounts on the rear quarters and at the side mirror points and maybe the windshield mount spots. Have that be the kind that folds backwards to allow the tent to go up and provide an awning frame for the rear.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the 4 door hard top, I’m thinking we could stow the two front pieces in the Rear cargo area and maybe strap down the larger panel to the top of this small rear aftermarket roof rack? What do you think? Obviously it needs to be strapped down with ratchet straps or something that won’t come off. Loosing that piece would make for a really bad day.

What other ideas are you all thinking about doing?

BBD8D63B-D615-454D-AF60-3139EFFCFE3B.jpeg
Someone should make and sell and aftermarket emergency soft top thats portable and easy to install in a sudden rain storm. Then you don’t have to worry about where you left ya roof!! Hell, just cut some tarp to length and add Velcro tack points haha.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am gonna go with having a fold up bimini top for those situations.
So a Bimini top would keep all the rain out in a heavy down poor?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So a Bimini top would keep all the rain out in a heavy down poor?
Define "all the rain" ? , but seriously it will keep you mostly not soaked. You will get drips on the edge areas most likely and some spray while driving. But if the bimini top attaches to the sides then it should be 98% dry.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Define "all the rain" ? , but seriously it will keep you mostly not soaked. You will get drips on the edge areas most likely and some spray while driving. But if the bimini top attaches to the sides then it should be 98% dry.
No bueno

Sponsored

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my plan is to run a bimini top 98% of the time and store towels in the cubby hole under the rear floor and everywhere else I can stash them. If my vinyl seats get drenched while i'm out and about, i can at least wipe them down before getting in.

Another option for roof panel storage - throw your spare tire on that half roof rack and then rig up a roof panel storage box where the tire was.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, only one of the attachment points for that rack will exist on the production vehicles. That is a custom one-off for the road shows.
I fully concede that many features on the pre-production mules will not make it into the final version. However, there are others besides this red one that show both the rear mount points. For example two of the three in this thread. (The third one has that oddball covered roof). It doesn't seem like a high cost change to have them both.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fully concede that many features on the pre-production mules will not make it into the final version. However, there are others besides this red one that show both the rear mount points. For example two of the three in this thread. (The third one has that oddball covered roof). It doesn't seem like a high cost change to have them both.
Yeah, all of the ones we've seen have the front and back mounting points on the clamshell. What we haven't seen is a roof rack that mounts to those points on the clamshell aside from the shorty prototype on the fishing scout OBX.

I think it's because the rack will fit on both the 2-door and 4-door with no changes.

Hopefully they eventually come up with some more options. That'd be a shame if they ditched the rearmost mounting points. Seems short-sighted. I'm fairly confident that all the points will be on all hardtops.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my plan is to run a bimini top 98% of the time and store towels in the cubby hole under the rear floor and everywhere else I can stash them. If my vinyl seats get drenched while i'm out and about, i can at least wipe them down before getting in.

Another option for roof panel storage - throw your spare tire on that half roof rack and then rig up a roof panel storage box where the tire was.
Yeah living in Hawaii, I drove my CJ7 for over 2 years with just a bimini top and full doors during the rainy season. My wife even rode with me a few times like that. Summer time doors off. Living in a tropical climate I am generally wetter from sweat than from rain drips off the edge of my top.
Sponsored