Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may have been covered already... Do they really produce a complete bronco from start to finish in one day? How does that work with painting? Is everything pre-painted, etc.... So they have 100 AMB Badlands cabins ready to assemble? I am curious about the production date. I have a June 28 production. So is that really a final assembly date?
Sponsored

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So they can make 1300 F150's a day, That would translate to 130,000 truck from Aug-Dec. If that is the case and they have everything for the Bronco I figure half of that can be made. So around 75,000 by end of year.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Careful with t hat logic though, there's more facilities producing F150's, and it's a well-established build line. None of those factors apply to our trucks. :-(

Last I heard was it was going to be roughly 1000/wk (or was in per day? that seems high)

To OP's question tho, I read from some other post here from someone at the plant that it's like 18 hours from start to finish

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The last thing I heard (I still have a printout that one of the Ford Dealer guys on here posted) was scheduling ramping up from around 300/day in June and July and to 500/day (2500/week) by the first of August. But a lot of information has been passed since then, so I'm not sure that still holds.

Based on my extremely fuzzy math and tempered expectations, I am hoping for a early September build, which means I hope to get a VIN in July. But we will see...

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Careful with t hat logic though, there's more facilities producing F150's, and it's a well-established build line. None of those factors apply to our trucks. :-(

Last I heard was it was going to be roughly 1000/wk (or was in per day? that seems high)

To OP's question tho, I read from some other post here from someone at the plant that it's like 18 hours from start to finish
Just to add to the imperfect understanding, my understanding is they will expect to roll somewhere around 600ish vehicles off the line per shift, but there are two shifts per day at the plant, so 1200 vehicles daily.

The challenge in knowing how many Broncos will be produced, though, is there is no steady mix of Broncos and Rangers. Some percentage of builds will be Rangers every day. If it's 20%, that's your 1000 Broncos per day. If it's 60% Rangers, many fewer Broncos.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This may have been covered already... Do they really produce a complete bronco from start to finish in one day? How does that work with painting? Is everything pre-painted, etc.... So they have 100 AMB Badlands cabins ready to assemble? I am curious about the production date. I have a June 28 production. So is that really a final assembly date?
Its a "week of June 28" production date, not a single day. And its not guaranteed. Its "scheduled" that week!

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Given the complexity differences it's like comparing apples to oranges.On the other hand, demand for a product can drive productivity.......

More than 15 million Model Ts were manufactured in all, reaching a rate of 9,000 to 10,000 cars a day in 1925, or 2 million annually, more than any other model of its day, at aprice of just $260 ($3,837 today).

I'm sure several plants were assembling model T's. However, one problem Ford has is that the plant also builds Rangers.If demand stays strong long term Ford will do what is necessary to increase production capability.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its a "week of June 28" production date, not a single day. And its not guaranteed. Its "scheduled" that week!
Actually, when you first get the email that youve been scheduled, they give you a build week but once you get a VIN, they tell you that you will next get a build date (exact day) and that is what OP is asking about. See below, this is from my VIN link…

Ford Bronco One day production?? C61E059E-59B4-4FCF-BB2C-B2EA8B143F75

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
June 28 is your build week. Build week always start on Mondays. So between June 28 and July 4th, you will be assigned a build day and on that day your bronco will be built. It will be built in 1 day. Don’t worry about how long it takes to build, worry about how long it will take to get to you.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they can make 1300 F150's a day, That would translate to 130,000 truck from Aug-Dec. If that is the case and they have everything for the Bronco I figure half of that can be made. So around 75,000 by end of year.
lol

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The last thing I heard (I still have a printout that one of the Ford Dealer guys on here posted) was scheduling ramping up from around 300/day in June and July and to 500/day (2500/week) by the first of August. But a lot of information has been passed since then, so I'm not sure that still holds.

Based on my extremely fuzzy math and tempered expectations, I am hoping for a early September build, which means I hope to get a VIN in July. But we will see...
That’s the math that came from the MAP guys when they were talking and before we had this latest round of issues. That should be the two shift run rate when they are going at a normal pace.👍🏽

OP
OP
Tadel001

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand that the June 28th is a schedule build week and certainly understand that is subject to change... Was June 14, then July 5 and now June 28. I was more curious as to whether the vehicle is ready drive in one day. I also understand that once built there is an process to get it shipped and delivered.

My hope is that with overall vehicle production and the driving demand to get sales closed for dealers, there will be extra motivation to get the cars off the lot and delivered to the dealers. Contrary to what you may think reading this forum, I am confident that Ford what’s nothing more than to deliver broncos and close sales for its dealer network.

p.s. Ford has demonstrated that in hard times, it can rise to the challenge... No bailout money, revamp electronics and reinvigorated the US car manufacturing. Not giving them too much credit but definitely given them respect.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly this 👆 there will be others with the same date. So it will all depend where your bronco is in line at the factory.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand that the June 28th is a schedule build week and certainly understand that is subject to change... Was June 14, then July 5 and now June 28. I was more curious as to whether the vehicle is ready drive in one day. I also understand that once built there is an process to get it shipped and delivered.

My hope is that with overall vehicle production and the driving demand to get sales closed for dealers, there will be extra motivation to get the cars off the lot and delivered to the dealers. Contrary to what you may think reading this forum, I am confident that Ford what’s nothing more than to deliver broncos and close sales for its dealer network.

p.s. Ford has demonstrated that in hard times, it can rise to the challenge... No bailout money, revamp electronics and reinvigorated the US car manufacturing. Not giving them too much credit but definitely given them respect.
Sponsored