First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think a Raptor with a 5.2 Supercharged V8 is def happening and the Gen3 Raptor will have a revised rear suspension. I have a 2019 BUT if I didn't I would def buy the Gen3 .. not the V8 as that would be out of my price range. I think the V8 will be in the 90K range.

I have learned to hold my breath with Ford over the years. What they say and what they do aren't always the same thing.

Kinda like previewing 2 broncos for the reveal with trims that aren't even going to be available to purchase.

Like in my original post I just wanted to have the conversation. I hope everyone gets their Bronco in February!

I personally will also be getting a Raptor with the 5.2 if that ever comes a reality. I had a 2018 and kick myself in the ass for getting rid of it. Best truck I've ever owned and I've had a couple haha.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your insights and just my humble opinion I feel Ford needs to communicate with their dealerships.
I don't think so...I think the dealers need to actually listen and learn the information. They could find out most of what they need to know by reading the FAQ's on the Ford website, meant for consumers....and I know they got more than that.

As to the allocation process, this has nothing to do with it. Read the Ford website if you want to understand the process, but the OP's opinion that orders will be based on dealer size and allocations etc. is not reality in the least. Ford has made this very clear.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS5, FORD RAPTOR 2ND GEN
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This really is just "opinion." No offense, OP, but this is no different than the dealers that come on here and claim to have a bunch of info.

Weren't dealerships able to order Bronco Sport displays as well as the Bronco? These are the "mannequins" I thought. @Granger Ford mentioned this I believe?

Like everything about this process I'll believe when I see it. A guy that works in a garage isn't where I'll get my Bronco ordering info from.

Not saying you're tight or wrong but rather I'll wait and see.
Lol buddy I'm a finance director not a tech. I am involved in new car wholesale each month along with ordering. I'm on the front lines.

The mannequins were for the Bronco Sport and not the Bronco itself. We also ordered a stock unit Mach-E for the loaner program.

I'm being realistic where others are not. You're absolutely correct that is my opinion but this is also an opinion based off 6 years of "doing" it.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're right and I thought the same way. I guess using the GT500 as an example wasn't necessarily correct. Its the same with the F-150 but not as strict.

If I didn't have allocation for a XLT 302A with a 2.7 Ford wouldn't build a retail order for one. You could probably sweet talk the Ford rep into finding allocation from another dealer but allocation amounts are set in stone kind of thing so they know how much of each trim they can build before running out of parts.

My thoughts are in the future everything will be "normal" after the first model year.

Ford wants to make sure all the dealers get Broncos before one gets 50
If Ford really wanted to make sure all dealers get Broncos before one dealer gets 50 they would provide the dealers with better information to share with prospective buyers and not leave it up to social media and forums. Additionally if dealers are too stupid to see the value in the forums and social media - well then they don't deserve our business.

Sorry but I don't agree that this will be treated as a regular allocation process - maybe like you said a couple of accessory display vehicles that will not be for sale and can be used to continue the sales pipleline after the reservation order process has been completed. But Ford was pretty clear an a couple things no ADMs and reservations converted to orders will be fulfilled first.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For years now the amount of orders given to each individual dealership varies based off of allocation or sales volume. And it doesn't matter if its a F-150 or a GT500.

Not at all relevant to the Bronco, Bronco Sport and Mach E

I have already heard through the grape vine that they are basing the Bronco allocation on Ranger sales.

That is not true at all... that is the old system of allocation which has nothing to do with allocation...
Dealerships that are relying on that have not paid attention to Ford on this way of selling...

Obviously some dealers sell more than others and that means bigger dealers get more allocation.

Again irrelevant...

This also means that if the dealer does actually get the right allocation amounts that it could take a lot longer to receive orders due to Ford making sure Broncos get to all dealers around the same time.

What does this possibly mean though? It could mean the dealerships offering group buys could potentially not be able to supply the amount of Broncos that were ordered through them. Why? Allocation.

This is why I post on the forum to stop the speculation as I find it...
Allocation has nothing to do with the reservation system...

If a customer were to come in today and want to buy a new GT500 we could order it and submit it to get built but that doesn't mean it's actually going to get built. Even on Retail orders (not for the lot) need allocation for it to ever having a chance to get built. We are always fighting our Ford rep both ways. Some allocation we want and some we don't (transit vans for example we don't sell many).

This part is true and the F-150 is still allocation based however the Bronco, Bronco Sport and Mach E is a different way of selling...

Just ask your Ford ordering manager to place a stock order for a Bronco Sport today...
Cannot do it until the reservations are fulfilled and they have not started to guild them yet...
Also in that thought train...we have many multiples or Bronco orders over the Sport and Mach E...

Talking out of both sides of my mouth I also heard Ford was going to fulfill all retail orders before creating stock units for the lot. I can already confirm this is not the case for the sport as we have ordered 2 units for stock to display accessories.

The 2 you have coming are called mannequin models and are not going to be sold prior to 4 months or 4000 miles on the clock..
Sometimes it is better to ask for the information that to come on and produce nonfactual information...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol buddy I'm a finance director not a tech. I am involved in new car wholesale each month along with ordering. I'm on the front lines.

The mannequins were for the Bronco Sport and not the Bronco itself. We also ordered a stock unit Mach-E for the loaner program.

I'm being realistic where others are not. You're absolutely correct that is my opinion but this is also an opinion based off 6 years of "doing" it.
The Bronco will be a mannequin based product as well...
That is how we will have 2 of them to go with the 2 mannequin Bronco Sports...

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
^^^^ what he said.

OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Ford really wanted to make sure all dealers get Broncos before one dealer gets 50 they would provide the dealers with better information to share with prospective buyers and not leave it up to social media and forums. Additionally if dealers are too stupid to see the value in the forums and social media - well then they don't deserve our business.

Sorry but I don't agree that this will be treated as a regular allocation process - maybe like you said a couple of accessory display vehicles that will not be for sale and can be used to continue the sales pipleline after the reservation order process has been completed. But Ford was pretty clear an a couple things no ADMs and reservations converted to orders will be fulfilled first.
Lets be real for a second here. Ford gets paid the second the vehicle is on a carrier for delivery to the dealership. What the dealer does beyond that doesn't really mean anything to Ford's bottom line. They already got paid by the dealer.

Do you really think there won't be ADM's? I by no means advocate ADM's let me be clear. Hell we don't charge them on our GT500's. Ford has no control over what a dealer sells their inventory for.

It reminds me when Ford said that they were going to remove all of the online ESP's resellers who were selling them at cost and pricing out other dealers. Guess what? It's still happening to this day.

I will be a Bronco owner just like you. Believe me man I want this process to go as smooth as possible. I've said it a few times so far. I just feel a little dose of past reality needs to be at least acknowledged.

I also want to clarify that I have read all of the Bronco literature given to us as a dealer and as a consumer. I just know from first hand knowledge that whats said isn't always reality when it gets down to it.

The Bronco is HUGE for Ford Motor Company and I am confident they know that. But that being said things change and we have a LONG winter ahead of us.

OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco will be a mannequin based product as well...
That is how we will have 2 of them to go with the 2 mannequin Bronco Sports...

I never said it wasn't going to be. I said the two mannequins that were ordered so far were for the Bronco Sport NOT the Bronco.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets be real for a second here. Ford gets paid the second the vehicle is on a carrier for delivery to the dealership. What the dealer does beyond that doesn't really mean anything to Ford's bottom line. They already got paid by the dealer.

[...]
So basically what you're saying is despite what Ford has said and has disseminated, shady dealers gonna do what shady dealers gonna do?

What dealership do you work for again? Asking for a friend.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said it wasn't going to be. I said the two mannequins that were ordered so far were for the Bronco Sport NOT the Bronco.

Perhaps you did not read the memo on the 25th of July completely...

EFC08394 Bronco Sport FCTP Accessory "Mannequin" Dealer Program Overview - Opt in By July 15, 2020

Note: Enrollment and execution of the Bronco and Bronco Sport FCTP programs will occur at different times and dealers will be made aware of each program prior to its inception
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.