Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 1970 bronco 2006 tiger rv 2006 gmc tru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any opinions on these camper tops?
there’s a good tutorial on a guy that lived in a jeep with UM top for 3 years and does a really fair and complete discrimination of the pros and cons.
I plan on doing lots of road trips and boondocking. The height won’t be much different and the weight is 150ish #s more than factory. Cost is a factor but I have money I haven’t even borrowed yet.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any opinions on these camper tops?
there’s a good tutorial on a guy that lived in a jeep with UM top for 3 years and does a really fair and complete discrimination of the pros and cons.
I plan on doing lots of road trips and boondocking. The height won’t be much different and the weight is 150ish #s more than factory. Cost is a factor but I have money I haven’t even borrowed yet.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the first Bronco with one of these on here. Chris Shontz (venture4wd) has been living out of his Jeep in one for a long time as well. You're right, it's pricey, but after a few years I might give it a go. Ground tent works for now.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never seen one their tops in person. But owners seems to love them and resale is pretty good on them. If I had a 4 door with a soft top I would consider it before buying an oem top. They don't offer one for the 2 door, but I don't think that one would have offer enough room in it

OP
OP
Scottpyro

Scottpyro

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 1970 bronco 2006 tiger rv 2006 gmc tru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I meant description, oops spell checked again. I spoke with John at the UM shop in San Diego I’m going for a factory tour and see one in person. Seems all the owners love em and the fit and finish are really top shelf, well thought out, and after 3 years bouncing around in Africa, and survived a tip over which could have been much worse but still 1,000 nites of use and the guy isn’t pulling punches. All factory mounting and easy on off. I’ll call Mario @ AT overland see if he’s got anything brewing as well. Alu cab and four wheel camper should be on board too.
Sponsored