5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was looking to update my OBX order to include the slide-out tailgate but found out that can't work if the OBX has Sasquatch package. I noticed that he same conflict doesn't exist for a Wildtrack. So I went to B&P a wildtrack and was surprised to see it's total price came out $2345 more then OBX build ($600 of that being due to slide-out tailgate, so net $1745 increase).

I'm debating whether the sliding tailgate along with WT upgrades is worth the difference. What all would be different between OBX & WT, besides HOSS 3.0, if they both have Sasquatch, Lux Package, Leather seats, Hardtop, modular bumper?

For reference, here are the two builds:
OBX Build - $63450
WT Build - $65795
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If I'm already at $63k then yes, for $2k more it would be worth it to me for the Hoss 3.0. I don't think you lose anything from an OBX to WT except for painted handles/mirror caps, different grille and seat fabric. I'm not an expert in either trims so just compare the 2 and see what you gain/lose is with $2k more.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking to update my OBX order to include the slide-out tailgate but found out that can't work if the OBX has Sasquatch package. I noticed that he same conflict doesn't exist for a Wildtrack. So I went to B&P a wildtrack and was surprised to see it's total price came out $2345 more then OBX build ($600 of that being due to slide-out tailgate, so net $1745 increase).

I'm debating whether the sliding tailgate along with WT upgrades is worth the difference. What all would be different between OBX & WT, besides HOSS 3.0, if they both have Sasquatch, Lux Package, Leather seats, Hardtop, modular bumper?

For reference, here are the two builds:
OBX Build - $63450
WT Build - $65795

If you plan to go off-road, just get the WildTrak (prior to HOSS 3.0, I would have said OBX, as I like the OBX cloth better - my girlfriend likes the WildTrak cloth better, only because it has Broncos). The leather is the same quality in both OBX and WT.

However, not breaking tie rods or a steering rack. Totally worth it, the HOSS 3.0 steering rack is way beefier and you get upgraded suspension to boot.

I wouldn't bother with the modular bumper, unless you love it as is. The standard bumper is pretty decent for approach angle and includes fog lights.

see below, standard bumper with subtle mods.

Ford Bronco Optioned up OBX SAS vs Wildtrack IMG_20221024_174448
Ford Bronco Optioned up OBX SAS vs Wildtrack received_435982424823729

Best of all, it's hard to damage because it bends and pops right back.

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
“ See below for standard bumper with subtle mods . . . “

Winch fairlead poking out from underneath. . . Featured in an upcoming book “Art of the Humble Brag”

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was faced with the same dilemma as you, when my '22 got pushed to '23 and I started to look at the price difference I decided to go with the WT because of the HOSS 3.0 and the Raptor steering rack and tie rod ends. I also got the slide-out tailgate. Totally worth the price difference. Painted mirrors and door handles don't mean that much though I do like the cloth in the OBX better.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks all for the input. I decided to change to the WT, drop the modular bumper, and also change from Azure Gray to Hot Pepper Red. Makes price difference from my original order to the updated one only about $650 now and other than losing the Roast/Onyx leather seats from the OBX I have all that I wanted.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks all for the input. I decided to change to the WT, drop the modular bumper, and also change from Azure Gray to Hot Pepper Red. Makes price difference from my original order to the updated one only about $650 now and other than losing the Roast/Onyx leather seats from the OBX I have all that I wanted.
Going with the WT was a good choice.

I originally had CO on my '22 order but changed to HPR for '23, having seen a couple in person it's a great color, not CO but not bad.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love my leather OBX seats, also got the roast/onyx, but upgrading to leather also automatically loses the washout floor, which makes sense but I didnt realize. Id rather have that than the leather seats. Nice choice on the changes.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak all the way!!! Base bumper, you can upgrade later. Many much nicer aftermarket bumpers than the modular OEM.

Then do a 2dr.

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Badass....đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a chance to check out a couple of the Hoss 3.0 Wildtracks and went off road with two different owners. It’s a great deal, really solid upgrades. One of the two was Ford guy. I asked if the Badlands was getting the 3.0 treatment (which might actually get me to upgrade my current BL) and he just smiled. No clue if and when, but for me that would be the ultimate Bronco!

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love my leather OBX seats, also got the roast/onyx, but upgrading to leather also automatically loses the washout floor, which makes sense but I didnt realize. Id rather have that than the leather seats. Nice choice on the changes.
Washout floors aren't available on the OBX or WT.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh alright, I didnt realize this. I thought my lux and leather upgrades eliminated it. I didn't know it was never an option on the OBX to begin with đź‘Ť

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
“ See below for standard bumper with subtle mods . . . “

Winch fairlead poking out from underneath. . . Featured in an upcoming book “Art of the Humble Brag”
Seriously, those mods took all of 30 minutes to install (without the winch install). It's all Rough Country and it bolts right up to the stock OBX. I would be the first to admit that pepping for the winch and actually installing the winch is much more involved.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IF... you were really looking for washout floors, it is possible to retrofit them; but for most people, the weather-tech floor mats will be more than adequate for mostly dry and light mud/water off-roading.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
IF... you were really looking for washout floors, it is possible to retrofit them; but for most people, the weather-tech floor mats will be more than adequate for mostly dry and light mud/water off-roading.
Still haven't seen the parts numbers listed, if reasonably priced it will be done. Also, the rumors of your demise have greatly been exaggerated.
Sponsored