Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks more and more likely that my order will yet again be converted to another MY. (How many out there are still waiting 20+ months?) I have seen all the MY24 information, but missed or haven't seen the last build dates for 23's (i.e. when the order will have to convert to a 24). Anyone know what that date is?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough timelines:
  • Mid/late-September - Final 23MY and initial 24MY scheduling
  • Early November - 23MY production ends, 24MY production begins
(All subject to change obviously.)

As promised by Ford back in 2021... the Bronco launch price protection system ends at the end of 2023MY. So we're back to the normal way of doing things.

If your order does not get scheduled as a 2023 build, it will be canceled. If you want your order to be carried over to 2024MY, then your dealer will have to manually "convert" your 2023 order to a 2024 order, and prioritize your order ahead of their new customers. Obviously that also means you will be paying the new 2024MY pricing unless you have a pricing agreement in-place with your dealer that says otherwise.

There is no rush on it, but within the next 2 weeks I'd talk to your dealer and see how they want to handle it. They may want to schedule your 2024MY order sooner rather than later, and then if your 2023MY order happens to get scheduled, they can just cancel your 2024MY order. Or they may want to wait until 2023MY scheduling completes. There is no longer any sort of reservation system in the way, so dealerships have a lot more freedom over how they handle things.

PNWChris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my order 647 days ago. My dealer has been next to useless throughout the entire process even accidentally cancelling my order once. When that happened I found out via ford marketing, and the dealer didn't even seem aware of the issue.

They have gotten dozens of dealer ordered cars, and marked them all up $10k+. Pretty sure they just screwed me over while ignoring all of my emails/calls/visits throughout the process. If I don't get my 2023 my price goes up by ~$9k, and at that point I'll probably just go snag a wrangler instead.

I've been excited for the Bronco for a long time, but at this point I pretty much just have a huge f-you ford in my head. I've never owned a ford before, and probably never will at this point.

OP
OP
case135

case135

Badlands
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough timelines:
  • Mid/late-September - Final 23MY and initial 24MY scheduling
  • Early November - 23MY production ends, 24MY production begins
(All subject to change obviously.)

As promised by Ford back in 2021... the Bronco launch price protection system ends at the end of 2023MY. So we're back to the normal way of doing things.

If your order does not get scheduled as a 2023 build, it will be canceled. If you want your order to be carried over to 2024MY, then your dealer will have to manually "convert" your 2023 order to a 2024 order, and prioritize your order ahead of their new customers. Obviously that also means you will be paying the new 2024MY pricing unless you have a pricing agreement in-place with your dealer that says otherwise.

There is no rush on it, but within the next 2 weeks I'd talk to your dealer and see how they want to handle it. They may want to schedule your 2024MY order sooner rather than later, and then if your 2023MY order happens to get scheduled, they can just cancel your 2024MY order. Or they may want to wait until 2023MY scheduling completes. There is no longer any sort of reservation system in the way, so dealerships have a lot more freedom over how they handle things.
Thank you very much!!!

OP
OP
case135

case135

Badlands
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my order 647 days ago. My dealer has been next to useless throughout the entire process even accidentally cancelling my order once. When that happened I found out via ford marketing, and the dealer didn't even seem aware of the issue.

They have gotten dozens of dealer ordered cars, and marked them all up $10k+. Pretty sure they just screwed me over while ignoring all of my emails/calls/visits throughout the process. If I don't get my 2023 my price goes up by ~$9k, and at that point I'll probably just go snag a wrangler instead.

I've been excited for the Bronco for a long time, but at this point I pretty much just have a huge f-you ford in my head. I've never owned a ford before, and probably never will at this point.
while I’m

I feel for you--but in a perverted way am glad that I'm not alone in my struggle!

While I know we don't--seems like we have the same dealer experience--except to my knowledge my dealer never had a Badlands or OBX version available for general sale during the whole timeframe.

Making my situation worse, I've been transferred out of state since I placed my order. After much work on my part, the dealer finally agreed to have it delivered out my way. That was painful.

What I am now debating---if it doesn't get built in MY23--same as you--Do I just cancel and buy a used Jeep/Bronco and keep my daily driver? A MY24 version costs me about $16K more (plus $1100 additional in tax!) from where I started this journey.

And, if I do keep my order as a MY24--I'm very much considering cancelling it out there and just ordering locally instead.

Decisions. And all I wanted was a fun Bronco to make my own...

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks more and more likely that my order will yet again be converted to another MY. (How many out there are still waiting 20+ months?) I have seen all the MY24 information, but missed or haven't seen the last build dates for 23's (i.e. when the order will have to convert to a 24). Anyone know what that date is?
They're not converting, you need to reorder... and you can do that now. Banks opened last Wednesday.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a new 24 the other day with a different dealer. I don’t have any hope for my existing order with my existing dealership. If I don’t see progress with that order in the next couple week, or them offering to re-order as a 24, I’ll be canceling and getting my deposit back.

OP
OP
case135

case135

Badlands
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So....I talked to my dealer today. Turns out I have a build date of 8/28 and was never notified. I kept telling them I was not getting emails from Ford... sigh. But I have a VIN and by the time my Badlands arrives it'll likely have been over 625 days!

Apparently all it takes is making alternate vehicle purchase plans and angering the Bronco god!!!

There is hope!
Sponsored