Sponsored

Order Fiasco - now "most likely" pushed to 2022 AGAIN!!

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some background for you guys:
  1. OBX fully loaded (sasquatch, 4dr, hardtop, lux, tow etc...) reserved 7/14/20 7:45am cst, ordered 1/27/21.
  2. Obviously was delayed like everyone else. But was later also pushed to 2022 via an email on 8/13/21.
  3. On 9/30/21 out of nowhere I received an email that my Bronco was scheduled for production week of 12/6 and I received a VIN. I was PUMPED!!
  4. I was patiently waiting but was getting worried that none of the tracker websites showed I was scheduled for production. So I decided to call ford (800-334-4375 on 10/12). They ensured me that something doesn't seem to be working on the site but since I got the VIN I would still be 2021. At the same time, my dealer was saying he doesn't know anything more than I did.
  5. This past week I've been seeing 2022 Broncos with build dates mid/late December and people showing screenshots of the tracking website (backdoor version which i checked as well). Nothing changed for me and I was still not seeing anywhere confirming that I was scheduled for production. So I decided to call again (same number as above). This very nice lady was very helpful and was checking the info on her side and confirmed it's very odd that I have a vin for 2021 but only in the ordered status (not very reassuring). She checked with someone else, and told me to contact the dealer because the dealer will have more info than they do. ***But given that she doesn't see it in production it's most likely going to be pushed to 2022*** The only guy working on Bronco orders is out today.
This is an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. This really doesn't look good on Ford. They can build cars, but a child can do a better job communicating than they can.

Anyone else in the same boat? I guess I'm waiting another day to hopefully get some more info from the dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who told you "most likely" 22? From what you wrote in the post it seems like your online tracker is just a little messed up.

OP
OP
DaBronc

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who told you "most likely" 22? From what you wrote in the post it seems like your online tracker is just a little messed up.
My bad. typing too fast. edited point 5. Ford customer service told me "most likely 2022" since she didn't see my order being scheduled for production.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bad. typing too fast. edited point 5. Ford customer service told me "most likely 2022" since she didn't see my order being scheduled for production.
So youā€™ve got a build week of 12/6? Iā€™ve got a build week of 11/8 still days in order processing. Just chill out, calm down and see where things go.

Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh interesting, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's just a harmless mistake on their part and you're still in line for 12/6. I was scheduled for 12/6 also, but the backdoor link is now showing me as 12/13 (still MY21), so there's definitely some weirdness going on around the MY22 changeover date.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. OBX fully loaded (sasquatch, 4dr, hardtop, lux, tow etc...) reserved 7/14/20 7:45am cst, ordered 1/27/21.
  2. Obviously was delayed like everyone else. But was later also pushed to 2022 via an email on 8/13/21.
  3. On 9/30/21 out of nowhere I received an email that my Bronco was scheduled for production week of 12/6 and I received a VIN. I was PUMPED!!
  4. I was patiently waiting but was getting worried that none of the tracker websites showed I was scheduled for production. So I decided to call ford (800-334-4375 on 10/12). They ensured me that something doesn't seem to be working on the site but since I got the VIN I would still be 2021. At the same time, my dealer was saying he doesn't know anything more than I did.
  5. This past week I've been seeing 2022 Broncos with build dates mid/late December and people showing screenshots of the tracking website (backdoor version which i checked as well). Nothing changed for me and I was still not seeing anywhere confirming that I was scheduled for production. So I decided to call again (same number as above). This very nice lady was very helpful and was checking the info on her side and confirmed it's very odd that I have a vin for 2021 but only in the ordered status (not very reassuring). She checked with someone else, and told me to contact the dealer because the dealer will have more info than they do. ***But given that she doesn't see it in production it's most likely going to be pushed to 2022*** The only guy working on Bronco orders is out today.
This is an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. This really doesn't look good on Ford. They can build cars, but a child can do a better job communicating than they can.

Anyone else in the same boat? I guess I'm waiting another day to hopefully get some more info from the dealer.
Take deep breath. It wouldn't show in production this far out.

Edit: For the record I am MY21 that was originally a build week of 12/6. I was bumped to 12/13 but am still a MY21

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You still have at least 5 more weeks of the "Order Confirmed" Status on your Ford vehicle Order tracker before you will see "In Production" and finally get a window sticker.

Ford seems to have had plenty of slowness and public downtime with their trackers over the past couple of weeks but in general they have been up and running most of the time.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh interesting, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's just a harmless mistake on their part and you're still in line for 12/6. I was scheduled for 12/6 also, but the backdoor link is now showing me as 12/13 (still MY21), so there's definitely some weirdness going on around the MY22 changeover date.
Week of 12/13 is the first week of 2022 production

OP
OP
DaBronc

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to Ford customer service I'm not scheduled for production. I don't care what the website says if I'm still scheduled. I freaked out because FORD told me they don't seem me scheduled for production, not because of the website. And even though I have a VIN, they said it's "most likely" getting pushed. But it is what it is and like Sascratch said, hopefully its just a mistake by the customer service rep. I'll take a deep breath now and just relax...

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many with a 2021 VIN seems to be getting pushed out, which suggests they are not meeting target production numbers on the line. Thereā€™s likely dozens of reasons why this is happening.

If Ford remains committed to getting all promised 21s out in 21, and we are getting pushed now, it stands to reason that the start date for the 22s will also get pushed unless they

- fix whatever production issues they have
- improve output at MAP (increase the daily Bronco build count)
- eliminate or reduce commodity constraints

I fully expect at least some of the 22s scheduled to be build in December to be pushed.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Week of 12/13 is the first week of 2022 production
So they will be building ā€˜21s and ā€˜22s at the same time to try and finish out all ā€˜21 vins. I donā€™t think they will get them all.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hasn't it been said repeatedly that if they push past a certain date, they cannot legally still build a MY21?

and if we do have a MY21 that gets pushed to the point that they're scheduling MY22, can we/do we have to still reorder?

honestly, while i'd be bummed out - I'd take solace in the fact that I could then get a Green bronco