Order Hard top.... Later

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, if we choose the soft top option for delivery. Will we be able to order a hard top for a 'later delivery'?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but if you get a soft top you won't have the setup for rear window washer and the power for the rear window defogger. Ideally you'd order a MIC so it's wired in, and then you can get the modular hardtop later on.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, if you have the money, anything is possible. The con is shipping costs. And, from what everyone says here if you get the soft top it will not come wired for the hardtop. There is a rear window wiper and washer and defrost element.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck. Best bet will be a MIC top. If you’re wanting black mod top or painted mod top you’ll be waiting a long time and paying a good amount of $.

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea thats what I was concerned about... My dealer initially said best bet was to go with the soft top to have a better chance at the MY21... but thinking now, going to go to the MIC... and get an aftermarket soft top later.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea thats what I was concerned about... My dealer initially said best bet was to go with the soft top to have a better chance at the MY21... but thinking now, going to go to the MIC... and get an aftermarket soft top later.
That's what my vote would be for. There's also some nice aftermarket soft tops, like a "fastback" one I've seen a couple pictures/videos on, which (IMO) is nicer looking than the factory soft top option.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my order from dual top to MIC only to get those Ford Pass points they offered and to get all the wiring and plumbing. AND hopefully get my rig this year. I'd never get a painted top, but it would drive me nuts if I opted to get a MIC later on and can't use the rear wiper and defrost unless I spend more on wiring and switches at the front.

Ideally for me I'm hoping that somebody will come up with a 'sunrider' like soft top for both rows of seats on the 4 door, so I can buy that and leave the 3 panels in the garage for ever. Sadly Bestop so far has no plan to do so, I hope they (or some other AM company) comes up with something nice there. A front row only sunrider makes no sense to me.
I have very limited storage space, so switching to Mic from dual was actually easy and less of a headache in that regard. I really don't know where I would have stored the rear shell of the hard top.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious, if we choose the soft top option for delivery. Will we be able to order a hard top for a 'later delivery'?
I posted this on another thread, but I screwed up my order and ended up with the soft top. Dealer says they cannot change the order, I can either cancel or let it be built and if I don't want it they will happily sell it. I just found out about the wiring thing so not quite sure what to do. I have a build date of June 21. How about you?

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have a build date yet.. so I should be 'okay' :) If not, I'll be okay with it either way...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you really don't like the soft top down the road you can add the hard top and the wiring etc. Or you can just get the hard top and not worry about the wiring (or install it even later) if you don't think rear defrost and wiper will be something you need often. Soft top is much easier to open/close on a day to day, no panels to store and all that, you might just find you like it.

I want a hybrid, soft for the front two rows of seats, keep the hard shell in back. Hope aftermarket will make one of these eventually. The Bestop sunrider as is makes little sense to me, since it'll sit on top of the large 2nd row panel. I want it all open.

Sponsored

BRUNKO1

Badlands
First Name
JasonBrunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but if you get a soft top you won't have the setup for rear window washer and the power for the rear window defogger. Ideally you'd order a MIC so it's wired in, and then you can get the modular hardtop later on.
Can the same be said for the front bumpers? Just curious before I change my WT standard bumper with the built in fog lights.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the same be said for the front bumpers? Just curious before I change my WT standard bumper with the built in fog lights.
We have not had a specific answer to that question. Recently there was a wiring diagram shared that implied the fog wiring was present irrespective of what bumper is ordered, but considering how the hardtop wiring and plumbing is handled, I wouldn’t count on it.

If you order a Bronco from the factory without fogs, I would operate under the assumption that there will be no wiring harness for fogs.

$0.02

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you order a Bronco from the factory without fogs, I would operate under the assumption that there will be no wiring harness for fogs.

$0.02
that would be my guess too, also no switch to turn fog lights on on the dashboard or where that switch usually is in a Bronco. To add fogs later on it might be easier and cheaper to wire them to one of the Aux switches.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dont have a build date yet.. so I should be 'okay' :) If not, I'll be okay with it either way...
So then what is your order, obviously not an accidental soft top! What would you do if you were me, I feel like such an eedjit.

BRUNKO1

Badlands
First Name
JasonBrunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have not had a specific answer to that question. Recently there was a wiring diagram shared that implied the fog wiring was present irrespective of what bumper is ordered, but considering how the hardtop wiring and plumbing is handled, I wouldn’t count on it.

$0.02
May just stick with the the standard WT bumper with the fog lights then.
Sponsored