Order numbers (Stats)

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2013 Traverse, 2007 Mustang Conv.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have the numbers of reservations by date? I keep seeing 190,000 and 125,000. I think it would be interesting to see how the reservations shake out by month.
Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that I think about itā€¦ while dealers should be allowed to keep those orders that are cancelled by consumers, those orders should be re-prioritized so that the consumers donā€™t have to be in line behind dealer orders.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always been confused by the two numbers as well; does a code 99 count as a 'placed order' or still just a reservation?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that I think about itā€¦ while dealers should be allowed to keep those orders that are cancelled by consumers, those orders should be re-prioritized so that the consumers donā€™t have to be in line behind dealer orders.
Depending on the dealership, some have taken cancelled customer orders and re-issued them to other customers who may have been a bit later to the game. Reason I know this, is I am one of those customers.

They simply changed the previous customers order to my build, which I was thankful for. I think this is a) good customer service and b) prevents dealerships from getting in the original cancelled order and marking it up for sale on the lot.

I donā€™t have a vehicle build schedule/VIN yet, but I am happy to be in line versus at the back of the bus. I believe dealerships were able to do this with 20% of their orders, without penalty from Ford (based off what Iā€™ve read on these forums).

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depending on the dealership, some have taken cancelled customer orders and re-issued them to other customers who may have been a bit later to the game. Reason I know this, is I am one of those customers.

They simply changed the previous customers order to my build, which I was thankful for. I think this is a) good customer service and b) prevents dealerships from getting in the original cancelled order and marking it up for sale on the lot.

I donā€™t have a vehicle build schedule/VIN yet, but I am happy to be in line versus at the back of the bus. I believe dealerships were able to do this with 20% of their orders, without penalty from Ford (based off what Iā€™ve read on these forums).
I think thatā€™s fine. But it would suck if a dealer just held a canceled build and sold it on the lot, leaving a consumer left waiting.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe any of this is right. This is my understanding:

There were 190,000 reservations by the late September/early October date when there was a break. Approximately 125,000 were converted to orders by March 19. This includes code 99 that are deferring to MY22. I haven't seen any numbers on how many elected to do that.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60,000 Broncos will be produced in MY21 (many believe it will be at the lower end of that range), so at best 1/2 of converted orders will get a MY21, though some unknown number of those that don't are waiting intentionally for MY22. There are additional reservations that have come in that haven't been converted to orders that will add to the MY22 needs.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think thatā€™s fine. But it would suck if a dealer just held a canceled build and sold it on the lot, leaving a consumer left waiting.
100% agree with you. That would be sneaky and you know theyā€™d likely mark it up significantly too.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
190k is the number is reservations they have as of recently. 125k is how many have converted to orders. Code 99 included I would think.

Also I don't think many people will be moving up in line when someone cancels. The dealers will be doing everything they can to keep that order and sell it themselves.

Also 90k broncos this year seems unlikely. They are projecting at least until Q2 or Q3 2022 to fill all current orders. With a large percent of them delivered after Sept of this year. Full production is not suppose to be until August.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of a markup are you paying?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of a markup are you paying?
None; paying MSRP. Which is what I anticipated going into this regardless.

Iā€™m just saying, if they did just sell on the lot theyā€™d likely mark that up.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanna bet on what?

There were 125k orders converted, not 90k. That's in the news all over the place.

Ford has targeted production of 50-60,000 MY21. Almost all will be done between August 1 and Thanksgiving, when the line makes changes for MY22 production.

I totally agree that this is a critical launch for Ford and they want to get them in the hands of consumers, but there has been no indication that Ford expects to build 90k MY21 Broncos.
Sponsored