Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father was a recon platoon Sgt for the 1st Cav. Was in country 1970. He wouldn't say much about his time. A few times after some beers he would talk and would leave me in a definite WTF moment. He praised the pilots. Taking on heavy gun fire to get down to pick him and the boys up. Said they were all a bit crazy but you could trust them to come get you. He also had more than a few harrowing rides. They asked if he wanted to be a pilot. He said no way. He would rather bail out and take his chances on the ground than sit there taking fire.

Unfortunately in his words he was swimming in Agent Orange. Cancer started back in 2002. He was 55. He made it 17 more years before it ate him up in 2017. He was bitter. He said they couldn't kill him over there but they got him anyways.
I went over in '68, came back in '70, aged 10 years, scared shitless more than once, and have nothing but major respect for the pilots I flew with, big brass one's!
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I remember the day I joined this forum we were all just wondering around behind the little animals searching for information on the elusive Bronco. As time passed we gained a tidbit here, and a tidbit there, and when we would add 2 +2 we came up with 5 most of the time. But, eventually as our thirst for knowledge was wetted we would add 2+2, and come up with 4. Now our amassed knowledge is more than many dealers in this country added together. I propose we form an association called maybe "The association of Knuckleheads that know more about the Bronco than the Dealers". We could hire ourselves out as tutors to those that made their reservation, and never looked any further. We could charge maybe 5-10% of the MSRP for the service. There's mucho dinero to be made here kiddies. Being one that would research a screwdriver before I bought it, I can't imagine how bad it would be to walk into a dealer to order my Bronco, and depend on that dealer to answer my questions.

I'm quite sure that the sales folks for dealers that are active here know that it won't take long to finish up with many of us here as we know things.

Last edited:

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I remember the day I joined this forum we were all just wondering around behind the little animals searching for information on the elusive Bronco. As time passed we gained a tidbit here, and a tidbit there, and when we would add 2 +2 we came up with 5 most of the time. But, eventually as our thrust for knowledge was wetted we would add 2+2, and come up with 4. Now our amassed knowledge is more than many dealers in this country added together. I propose we form an association called maybe "The association of Knuckleheads that know more about the Bronco than the Dealers". We could hire ourselves out as tutors to those that made their reservation, and never looked any further. We could charge maybe 5-10% of the MSRP for the service. There's mucho dinero to be made here kiddies. Being one that would research a screwdriver before I bought it, I can't imagine how bad it would be to walk into a dealer to order my Bronco, and depend on that dealer to answer my questions.
I'm sorry... You lost me after the " thrust " part.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember the day I joined this forum we were all just wondering around behind the little animals searching for information on the elusive Bronco. As time passed we gained a tidbit here, and a tidbit there, and when we would add 2 +2 we came up with 5 most of the time. But, eventually as our thrust for knowledge was wetted we would add 2+2, and come up with 4. Now our amassed knowledge is more than many dealers in this country added together. I propose we form an association called maybe "The association of Knuckleheads that know more about the Bronco than the Dealers". We could hire ourselves out as tutors to those that made their reservation, and never looked any further. We could charge maybe 5-10% of the MSRP for the service. There's mucho dinero to be made here kiddies. Being one that would research a screwdriver before I bought it, I can't imagine how bad it would be to walk into a dealer to order my Bronco, and depend on that dealer to answer my questions.
You’ve stumbled on the concept of being a “consultant.”

It’s glorious, and it takes time making the mistakes and gaining the experience before you can unlock the achievement... but eventually some rich dude or company or public entity will cut you a check for $30k just to get your opinions written down in a “Final Report” and listen intently as you tell them in a meeting how stupid they’re being.

tenor.gif

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my dealership the GM was actually making the calls and it was a great conversation. I kind of felt bad as I started to ask her a bunch of question and it was obvious I knew more then her on some details. We did have one thing in common in our excitement about the Bronco and that was enough. Just having a live person to talk to about Bronco (no offence guys) besides my wife who rolls her eyes every time I open my laptop to show her the 1000th picture of a Bronco in A51, or RR, or CG was really nice.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
TidBits, Now amassed, Our thrust and Was wetted...hum. A good start to writing "Letters to Playboy"? Opps, showing my age.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I propose we form an association called maybe "The association of Knuckleheads that know more about the Bronco than the Dealers". We could hire ourselves out as tutors to those that made their reservation, and never looked any further. We could charge maybe 5-10% of the MSRP for the service.
You spelled that word incorrectly Sir... It needs to have a "w" and replace the "I" with an "o". Oh, we're easy but we aren't cheap.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry... You lost me after the " thrust " part.
All that thrust made me wetted, too.
TidBits, Now amassed, Our thrust and Was wetted...hum. A good start to writing "Letters to Playboy"? Opps, showing my age.
Ice needed...STAT
Just see if I try to bring any class into you yah hoo's lives anymore...........I laughed, I cried, it was an emotional roller coaster. ? ? ? ;)

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just see if I try to bring any class into y'all's lives anymore...........I laughed, I cried, it was an emotional roller coaster. ? ? ?
Sponsored