First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know how to tell if someone's a pilot?

You don't have to, they'll tell you. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood. Thank you for your work, gotta be tough.
Beat me to it.

Think of the place Ford put dealers in when they cancelled all the Bronco visits. These guys have never seen the car either and I'm sure only know what they've researched for themselves from the crappy Ford website or here/ other forums.

Maybe do some research on your own and go in with less of a "loaded for bear" attitude.

I think asking a salesman to know everything about a car he's never seen would be like asking a doctor to know all about my medical condition after never having seen me. You're a doctor after all shouldn't know every detail about me?

I hope you find the car you're looking for. Maybe get a lower model and drop it off at a stereo shop to have a 19 year old kid drop in a kicking' system?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sad day for me.
I was one of the first deposits and went in to place my order. here is what happened:
1) Salesperson- initially the sales manager called me and said he would be doing the ordering. instead, they passed me off to a 19 year old kid who knew literally nothing about the truck... and I kid you not, I went armed with my research and questions and for each one, he had to go back and asked someone the answer, and 90% if the time he didn't have an answer. example:
2) The hard top- what is the modular top? he didn't know. Does the based hard top have removable front panels? he said all 3 top panels come off!
I showed him pics from the web of the Truck from the Ford build page and form the pre-production (the AMB one attached) and asked... is the top for my BLACK bronco going to be Black like my 2005 Jeep TJU, or more of a gray like the one attached here. he wasn't sure but said 90% sure it will be gray.
3) Can the auto Start stop function be defeated? He didn't know but said the current fords have a defeat button so it probably will
4) I hate all that evasive active steering, lane change deviation warnings and correction etc.. but it appears there is no way to get the B&O stereo without getting all that crap.
5) The final straw was when he said the badlands was not available for order now.. I have to put down 1000 ( NOT REFUNDABLE ) and when its ready to build they will submit the order.. wtf... even a base model requires a NON-REFUNDABLE 1000 deposit..

my build was over 50K... i cant put 1K down on a car/truck I havent seen havent driven that the dealer cant even confirm the color of the top on.
I walked away. he said alot of people are walking away. I would have bought one today if I could have the BO stereo , without al the other ford 360 crap ,and if he could confirm the black on the top would not be different than the black on the bumper and the black on the wheel wells and the black of the paint.....

FORD - used to be Found on Road Dead.. now it is Ford Ordering Ridiculousness Debacle.

Michael

Ford Bronco Ordering woes at Hennessy Ford in atlanta AcHFhCngNiVws

sad day for me.
I was one of the first deposits and went in to place my order. here is what happened:
1) Salesperson- initially the sales manager called me and said he would be doing the ordering. instead, they passed me off to a 19 year old kid who knew literally nothing about the truck... and I kid you not, I went armed with my research and questions and for each one, he had to go back and asked someone the answer, and 90% if the time he didn't have an answer. example:
2) The hard top- what is the modular top? he didn't know. Does the based hard top have removable front panels? he said all 3 top panels come off!
I showed him pics from the web of the Truck from the Ford build page and form the pre-production (the AMB one attached) and asked... is the top for my BLACK bronco going to be Black like my 2005 Jeep TJU, or more of a gray like the one attached here. he wasn't sure but said 90% sure it will be gray.
3) Can the auto Start stop function be defeated? He didn't know but said the current fords have a defeat button so it probably will
4) I hate all that evasive active steering, lane change deviation warnings and correction etc.. but it appears there is no way to get the B&O stereo without getting all that crap.
5) The final straw was when he said the badlands was not available for order now.. I have to put down 1000 ( NOT REFUNDABLE ) and when its ready to build they will submit the order.. wtf... even a base model requires a NON-REFUNDABLE 1000 deposit..

my build was over 50K... i cant put 1K down on a car/truck I havent seen havent driven that the dealer cant even confirm the color of the top on.
I walked away. he said alot of people are walking away. I would have bought one today if I could have the BO stereo , without al the other ford 360 crap ,and if he could confirm the black on the top would not be different than the black on the bumper and the black on the wheel wells and the black of the paint.....

FORD - used to be Found on Road Dead.. now it is Ford Ordering Ridiculousness Debacle.

Michael

unfortunately im sure thats going to be the case at many places. Just because they work theyre doesnt mean theyre an enthusiast, im sure even a person looking for a highend mustang with certain features would run into this...the dealer sales person knowing much less than he because sales guy isnt an enthusiast he just sells cars. This is the same at all stores, buying a highend TV, doing research, etc, go to best buy and the sales folks will know less than you for sure, buyer beware??? Id say if you like the dealership, the service dept etc. dont hold the lack of knowledge against them, explain what youve been finding out, help them help you, (i know) but its true, they want to sell you the bronco, they dont want to look like idiots, they just need help.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unfortunately im sure thats going to be the case at many places. Just because they work theyre doesnt mean theyre an enthusiast, im sure even a person looking for a highend mustang with certain features would run into this...the dealer sales person knowing much less than he because sales guy isnt an enthusiast he just sells cars. This is the same at all stores, buying a highend TV, doing research, etc, go to best buy and the sales folks will know less than you for sure, buyer beware??? Id say if you like the dealership, the service dept etc. dont hold the lack of knowledge against them, explain what youve been finding out, help them help you, (i know) but its true, they want to sell you the bronco, they dont want to look like idiots, they just need help.

That's exactly correct. I'm in sales and I'm very versed in phones and tech; which is not the norm for my sales people. If I get an enthusiast in store I can answer questions, those ppl are rare. Mostly all the info we gather is through Google, most ppl seem to think we get some insider info; that's unfortunately untrue. If you're a true enthusiast or if you do your research ahead of time- like you should, then you'd be in a better spot and recognize the fact you're better informed on a non released product.

For OP:

Cut them some slack or switch and stop acting superior and entitled, most salesman would walk you so they don't have to deal with you in the future. This coming from a sales managers perspective.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my dealership the GM was actually making the calls and it was a great conversation. I kind of felt bad as I started to ask her a bunch of question and it was obvious I knew more then her on some details. We did have one thing in common in our excitement about the Bronco and that was enough. Just having a live person to talk to about Bronco (no offence guys) besides my wife who rolls her eyes every time I open my laptop to show her the 1000th picture of a Bronco in A51, or RR, or CG was really nice.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, but have a couple good friends that are. I thought army pilots were crazy. Those CG pilots fly through stuff that simply amazes anyone who sees it.
I guess you never flew in Nam, I was a 67N crew, now THOSE guys and gals were Crazy!!

Sponsored

Magoo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That stuff ZackDanger is trying to sell about being a jamba juice manager is crap! Everyone knows he’s the salesguy from Granger, proved conclusively with evidence from the internet!

Ask him questions about Iowa, i bet he slips up.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That stuff ZackDanger is trying to sell about being a jamba juice manager is crap! Everyone knows he’s the salesguy from Granger, proved conclusively with evidence from the internet!

Ask him questions about Iowa, i bet he slips up.
Dude. I’m right here. I can hear you.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you never flew in Nam, I was a 67N crew, now THOSE guys and gals were Crazy!!
My father was a recon platoon Sgt for the 1st Cav. Was in country 1970. He wouldn't say much about his time. A few times after some beers he would talk and would leave me in a definite WTF moment. He praised the pilots. Taking on heavy gun fire to get down to pick him and the boys up. Said they were all a bit crazy but you could trust them to come get you. He also had more than a few harrowing rides. They asked if he wanted to be a pilot. He said no way. He would rather bail out and take his chances on the ground than sit there taking fire.

Unfortunately in his words he was swimming in Agent Orange. Cancer started back in 2002. He was 55. He made it 17 more years before it ate him up in 2017. He was bitter. He said they couldn't kill him over there but they got him anyways.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sad day for me.

Michael

Sounds like Michael didnt do his research. First mistake, waiting until Nov 20 to join B6G, second mistake, obviously not talking to your dealership about pricing before going to put $1000 un-refundable down payment. Great job walking out, now go through B6G with all your questions and search for the answers, or IM someone on here and we may possibly help get you going in the right direction.
Sponsored