First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Tacoma, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I couldn't speak to the performance tuning software -- we don't have it, so don't know much about it.

You should not have any trouble at all pulling a teardrop. I'm sure that our trailer has a lot more resistance than a teardrop, and our Bronco did a great job!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatTheActual

WhatTheActual

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Tacoma, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I meant to say "air resistance". Oops.

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey nice setup! We tow as well, trailer is 17', about 3500lbs fully loaded and 350lbs tongue weight. We use a curt weight distribution hitch which works awesome fully loaded. We're on 37s with the 2.7 and 10spd. Fully loaded with 220lbs of dogs, 350lbs of water, etc, we get 10.5mpg. Without any trailer we average 16-17mpg. And yes in the F150 the 2.7 engine is rated for up to 9k lbs!

IMG_2770.jpeg
This looks great! My wife and I have been looking at this same trailer the past few weeks. We even rented and older version this past weekend to give it a try. I'm interested in a closer view of how you are connected. We were just using a typical ball mount and it looked as if the trailer was inverted towards the back of the Bronco (not level like yours looks). I hadn't thought about a weight distribution hitch. Did you have to do anything special to clear the back tire? Actually looks like you might have taken it off.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks great! My wife and I have been looking at this same trailer the past few weeks. We even rented and older version this past weekend to give it a try. I'm interested in a closer view of how you are connected. We were just using a typical ball mount and it looked as if the trailer was inverted towards the back of the Bronco (not level like yours looks). I hadn't thought about a weight distribution hitch. Did you have to do anything special to clear the back tire? Actually looks like you might have taken it off.
Thanks! This wasn't a planned setup, it just fell into place. So yes I'm running a weight distribution hitch with 600lb spring bars, the lightest ones I could find for my Curt hitch. It works really well even with the freshwater tank full. The back tire I have a custom hitch and tire mount for the back of the trailer. When we disconnect from the trailer I just move the spare back to the bronc.

If you zoom in you can better see the setup here:
Ford Bronco Our 2 Door Bronco's Towing Performance IMG_2638

Ford Bronco Our 2 Door Bronco's Towing Performance IMG_2007

Ford Bronco Our 2 Door Bronco's Towing Performance IMG_2008
Sponsored