First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone able to tell what color outer banks grill is? On the recent video I swear she said gray but I feel like all pictures show black.
Build and Price says :
  • Grille - Black Painted with White "BRONCO" Lettering
The pre-production units that have been built seem to support this as well. Everything is fluid, but until we see something otherwise, I would plan on black.
Sponsored

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, I'm on the fence between Black Diamond and Outer Banks... just wondering if there are any photos floating around of the cloth navy pier interior? Really liking the interior of the BD but also like the idea of an OB with the high package.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was hovering back and forth between OBX and BL, but now with updated pricing, probably back to OBX, but not positive. I am within 50 bucks of the two on a 4dr.

Build #1
OBX, AMB, roast leather, 2.7L lux, MIC w sound deadening, higher gearing with rear locker, steel bumper, aux, roof rack
$54,155
$56,326 - After tax, and my $200 over invoice deal

+250 front tint
+1400 33" tires w install
+880 front leveling coilovers w install

=$58,856

Build #2
Badlands, AMB, MGV (no power seats), 2.7L lux, MIC w sound deadening, roof rack
$56,375
$58,643 - After tax, and my $200 over invoice deal

+250 front tint

=$58,893

...however, I need to swap grille to OBX (for free?), swap rails for tubes (for free?), keep the unpainted flares and pay well over $500 on painted handles and mirror caps. Or worse, $1,000+ to get "paint grade" handles and mirror, then pay someone to paint them.

....so leaning towards OBX for less hassle, better interior IMO (badlands interior is simply cold and bleak), power seats, and carpeted interior (preferred)

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, I'm on the fence between Black Diamond and Outer Banks... just wondering if there are any photos floating around of the cloth navy pier interior?
Iā€™m on the same fence. Here a a few cloth navy pier pics from the materials video, but I havenā€˜t seen any others.

C5ADEDAA-72CB-4F9B-8FE0-9A9B74264967.jpeg

C00BCAC4-255B-434B-A451-89F85D84C92F.jpeg

36ABFA9C-D307-4349-9F33-31E53B5838E5.jpeg

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m on the same fence. Here a a few cloth navy pier pics from the materials video, but I havenā€˜t seen any others.

C5ADEDAA-72CB-4F9B-8FE0-9A9B74264967.jpeg

C00BCAC4-255B-434B-A451-89F85D84C92F.jpeg

36ABFA9C-D307-4349-9F33-31E53B5838E5.jpeg
Thank you. I've been BD all the way, but with the price changes, the BD and OB are closer in price and I began to wonder if I might as well go with OB. The BD interior is the best in my opinion, but I'm trying to convince myself that the roast cloth and navy cloth interiors on the OB are do-able.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RAMTOWIT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500 dually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. I've been BD all the way, but with the price changes, the BD and OB are closer in price and I began to wonder if I might as well go with OB. The BD interior is the best in my opinion, but I'm trying to convince myself that the roast cloth and navy cloth interiors on the OB are do-able.
Thanks for posting those interior pictures. I think the Navy Pier seat and dash choice with the OB might just work........but only in the Oxford White color.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BD interior is the best in my opinion, but I'm trying to convince myself that the roast cloth and navy cloth interiors on the OB are do-able.
Agree BD has the best interior, it just doesnā€™t have the 12 inch screen you can get with OBX. I created the combo images below to take a look at cloth roast and cloth navy with the right dash colors. While I really like the roast cloth seats, I canā€™t see how they will look OK with the bronze dash. But I think the navy cloth will go fine with the blue dash. Now I just need to make the call between the BD 8 inch screen MGV interior and the OBX navy cloth 12 inch screen interior. Canā€™t make up my mind . . .

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread DF952B71-5D5E-4F4C-ABA5-45843EA88457

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread A9F5CF0B-A9A7-4533-A3CE-4EC5D326B3F0

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 3E12A557-AB75-4E2D-9632-B39AEAEBFB5A

94C9A48B-7535-4D59-811E-3F71F5A55683.jpeg

Last edited:

bobfish21

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150; 2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OB 4dr Mid on reserve, cactus grey or A51. Had my heart set on white roof but despite all the leaked pics looks like it won't be available until 2022. So I'm on the fence whether to wait another year or go from the dealer to the body shop for paint or wrap.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree BD has the best interior, it just doesnā€™t have the 12 inch screen you can get with OBX. I created the combo images below to take a look at cloth roast and cloth navy with the right dash colors. While I really like the roast cloth seats, I canā€™t see how they will look OK with the bronze dash. But I think the navy cloth will go fine with the blue dash. Now I just need to make the call between the BD 8 inch screen MGV interior and the OBX navy cloth 12 inch screen interior. Canā€™t make up my mind . . .

DF952B71-5D5E-4F4C-ABA5-45843EA88457.jpeg

A9F5CF0B-A9A7-4533-A3CE-4EC5D326B3F0.jpeg

3E12A557-AB75-4E2D-9632-B39AEAEBFB5A.jpeg

94C9A48B-7535-4D59-811E-3F71F5A55683.jpeg
Thank you for these pictures. Early on I was hell bent on the 12 inch screen and the signature headlights, so I felt at the very least I needed to get an OB. But then I realized how sweet of a deal the BD is, especially with the A+ interior, the steel bumpers and nice grille (imo). I also saw a recent thread on 6G of Apple CarPlay on the 12ā€ screen in the F-150, and I didnā€™t care for the way it looked because it wasnā€™t full screen. CarPlay was cornered and on the right and bottom of the screen was other info on the display. I assume CarPlay will display perfectly full screen on the 8" and since Iā€™ll be on CarPlay constantly, itā€™s the look Iā€™d rather have. I think at the end of the day Iā€™ll be getting a BD, but the OB is on the back of my mind because the way I want them optioned, theyā€™re the same price.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hereā€™s my preferred build and then my thoughts why...

4dr OBX high, no SAS, A51 or Race Red
2.7, tow package, floor liners, paint protection, aux switches, dual body colored roof (I have no problem with waiting), roof deadening panels, cloth roast seats, advanced 4x4 and all the gear and locker toys that are bundled with it.

Cloth seats- I plan to replace with Katzkins for vented seats as soon as they are available. It gets hot here in FL.

Power seats- non issue for me since Iā€™m likely the only one to ever drive it. Our Highlander has them now. My previous 3 vehicles all did, but they got set and then never touched. I donā€™t feel like paying nearing 2200 for seats that Iā€™m removing just to have power.

This will be a daily driver and beach cruiser so SAS isnā€™t on my need list. Eventually, I plan on replacing the rims and tires to improve the look a bit. Iā€™m gonna let everyone else play with the size and backspace combinations to see what actually fits (no shade on our amazing friends that have done the math as to what should fit).

Badlands- black interior in Florida (no thx) and the updated B&P made me finalize my stance on OBX

BD- if only I could get the high package.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why do you assume that Carplay would be full-screen on the 8" display?

I think Sync4 is Sync4 and thus would not change its output due to screen size. Rather, it would resize its output if on a smaller display.

I assume CarPlay will display perfectly full screen on the 8" and since Iā€™ll be on CarPlay constantly, itā€™s the look Iā€™d rather have.

Last edited:

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why do you assume that Carplay would be full-screen on the 8" display?

I think Sync4 is Sync4 and thus would not change its output due to screen size. Rather, it would resize its output if on a smaller display.
I assume this because I have a 9ā€ aftermarket Alpine unit in my Silverado and CarPlay has no problem running full screen on it. If I remember correctly, the issue raised in that thread with the 12ā€ in the F-150 was that 12ā€ is too large of a screen for CarPlay to display full screen at a high resolution. Iā€™m not familiar with Sync4, but if Sync4 is the reason CarPlay cannot be displayed full screen on the 12ā€, then maybe youā€™re right that the issue will be the same on both the 8ā€ and 12ā€.

Last edited:

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD- if only I could get the high package.
Iā€™m with you on wishing the BD had the high package available. Ford perfectly optioned these trims to make us want to go one trim higher. I think the BD is the perfect trim, it would just be nice to have that large screen and signature headlights. Those arenā€™t deal breakers though. If I do go OB, I think I can live with cloth seats but I would definitely need to go with navy pier because although the roast seats are nice, for me, thereā€™s too much brown in the interior with the brown door panels and bronze on the dash.

Last edited:

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m with you on wishing the BD had the high package available. Ford perfectly optioned these trims to make us want to go one trim higher. I think the BD is the perfect trim, it would just be nice to have that large screen and signature headlights. Those arenā€™t deal breakers though. If I do go OB, I think I can live with cloth seats but I would definitely need to go with navy pier because although the roast seats are nice, for me, thereā€™s too much brown in the interior with the brown door panels and on the dash.
Totally agree
In todays edition of 'which trim' I'm back and forth between BD and OBX as it has Sig and High.
If I do go OBX I'll aftermarket the seats and wheels/tires. But that DB interior is hands down the best...sigh

ETA - and the painted flairs swapped

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if I missed this in the 45 pages or somewhere else on the forum, but other than cloth seating options, seat colors, the grille, the standard wheels, the "regular" suspension, and the body color trim, are there any features (standard or optional) of the OBX that are not available on BL?
Sponsored