Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it didn't specifically state, but the sasquatch cost difference between the OB and BD was $500. So one could speculate that is the rear locker difference as it's standard on the BD.
This is my hope as far as the cost goes on the rear locker. Afraid Ford will take advantage on this though as I only really want a rear locker, especially after seeing that price on the Sasquatch.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’ll be more than noticeable. You’ll have more sidewall AND a more aggressive tread/sidewall.
Noticeable in the appearance...Do you think it will be noticeable in loss of ride quality and mpg? Never had a setup close to this. Im sure MPG loss will only be 1-2 mpgs, so i guess the question is more so in regards to loss of ride quality.

TX Banker

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Model 3 / 20 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Noticeable in the appearance...Do you think it will be noticeable in loss of ride quality and mpg? Never had a setup close to this. Im sure MPG loss will only be 1-2 mpgs, so i guess the question is more so in regards to loss of ride quality.
If you stick with LT or C load ratings, it should be fine. E would be noticeably rougher.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree, looks more like a running board. I would like to see a real tube step.
I agree - it's too...."large"/bulky looking and is distracting from the rest of the design. I'd have liked to see something thinner.

Interesting, these are all still pre-production/concepts. OB is supposed to be body color matched fender flares too correct? I know the F150 and Ranger have several running board options. Those are not necessarily the "tube" offering.
I get what you're saying, but this is the only running board we've ever seen - prototypes, images, etc.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From a previous post asking about 33" on the OBX... "if you plan to mount 33" on the Outer Banks you'd probably do best to go up to the optional 4.27:1 rear axle ratio instead of standard 3:73:1 to offset the engine RPM drop with the larger tires. You want torque curve to be in the right place during low-speed ops."

Thoughts?
My plan is to run a 33" tire and hopefully be able to get the 4.27 gears also.
If the 4.27's are tied to the 2.3 engine, (I'm picking the 2.7 option) the 3.73's should be ok as you are only increasing the O.D. of the tire 3/4" from stock.
But I am really liking the 4.27 gear 33" tire combo.(y)

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my hope as far as the cost goes on the rear locker. Afraid Ford will take advantage on this though as I only really want a rear locker, especially after seeing that price on the Sasquatch.
The price on the rear locker on the F-150 build and price ranges from $420-$570 depending on what ratio you pick.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My plan is to run a 33" tire and hopefully be able to get the 4.27 gears also.
If the 4.27's are tied to the 2.3 engine, (I'm picking the 2.7 option) the 3.73's should be ok as you are only increasing the O.D. of the tire 3/4" from stock.
But I am really liking the 4.27 gear 33" tire combo.(y)
BD has 4.26 i believe, in both Manual/auto

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what I was thinking too, plus the B&O Stereo.
i basically want the 4 door OB w the 12 inch screen (high pack) and B & O stereo (lux pack) w 2.7 L, white hard top.. if i can get the screen and stereo by itself that would be amazing... have to have leather too, almost forgot.. trying to keep it under 50k (have we all thought about what 50k would get us and we are getting a Ford Bronco instead..lol)

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BD has 4.26 i believe, in both Manual/auto
I hear you but this is the wife's ride. She wants the body color fender flares and mirror caps and the High Package.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised it wasnt in the survey. A think the OBX cloth seats are leather trimmed, so hopefully the premium on OBX is slightly less. I am thinking definitely no more than $2k. Most likely $1,200-$1,700. Ford seems to be undercutting my estimations so fingers crossed on the lower end of that range.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And my build seems to be coming out to around $50k after x plan (before tax, fees etc), factoring in hardtop, 2.7L, lux pack, and estimated cost of leather. Very happy with that. That's beating my estimate of originally getting the high pack plus B&O standalone. So even happier that i could get the adaptive cruise (which i really want) and still beat out my original budget.

...Plus potential added costs if the white top comes at a premium or is in a package...and if it is extra $ for sound deadening on the roof (not just the doors).

Ghost66

Black Diamond
First Name
wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my 74 to buy the 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 Door Outerbanks in Area 51 for me, sure would like to see one before December in Arizona

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those thinking about 33"ko2s...

For reference - OBX Stock - Bridgestone Dueller A/T RH-S 255/70/18 (32.1") - $170/ea on tirerack (on sale)

Badlands (keep in mind this is for a 17" wheel) - BFG TA KO2 LT285/70/17 (32.7") - $258/ea

Resizing Badlands KO2s to fit 18", it looks like i need to stepdown from a 285 to 275...LT275/70/18 = 33.2" - $253/ea

Am i thinking about that right? Need to go from 285 to 275 for the 18"? And keep the 70 aspect ratio. Not sure if that will fit well with stock gearing/suspension.

Goal is to get something with a beefier tread and better visual appearance without overdoing it. This is will be the family SUV / road tripper, so do not want MPG or ride quality to be noticeably deteriorated.

I want to do the same thing hopefully there’s an option for that from the Factory

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i basically want the 4 door OB w the 12 inch screen (high pack) and B & O stereo (lux pack) w 2.7 L, white hard top.. if i can get the screen and stereo by itself that would be amazing... have to have leather too, almost forgot.. trying to keep it under 50k (have we all thought about what 50k would get us and we are getting a Ford Bronco instead..lol)
$50k is getting close to Explorer ST territory. My Outer Banks build is close to yours and I'm seeing about $52k. If Ford keeps the pricing as high as we've seen, it's gonna be a tough choice.
Sponsored