First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4A allows you to basically have it on while in conditions that are not ok for actual 4H... for example, rain, light snow, etc on paved roads.

It is the "AWD" for the Bronco. 4H and 4L can only be used when the surface is guaranteed to be slippery enough so tires have the ability to slip and not bind.
Best explanation I've seen yet... Thanks.

If it's an option on the Outer Banks, I think I'll pass... It's added money on my already spendy options list, and it's also bad enough I can't get a manual transmission on Outer Banks, or with the V6... So at least leave me the fun of choosing when it's safe to go into 4H/4L. Another side benefit of foregoing the 4A might be less complexity/durability issues in the long run, but that's probably stretching it.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had an AWD transfer case option and liked it (Older Explorer and Tahoe if I remember right). My F150 does not have it currently, my wifeā€™s Explorer is already AWD. I will probably skip it (definitely more complex service wise). In past iterations it has been a small fuel mileage penalty as well. With all the traction control modes, Hopefully the stability control and good tires will be adequate in mixed conditions.

Last edited:

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any ideas what the step in height for an OBX 2door, non-Sasquatch with running boards?

Awhile back, @BroncoChicken measured the step in height of a Sasquatch with running boards at 16in. I use a cane and donā€™t have the best mobility. Getting an OBX 2 door with 2.7/AT in rapid red. Not doing the Sasquatch. OBX come standard with running boards/steps. I know I can get the AMP power steps, but donā€™t want to have to pay the extra $$ if I donā€™t need to. Would be pretty embarrassing to go pick up the Bronco and not be able to get into it.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any ideas what the step in height for an OBX 2door, non-Sasquatch with running boards?

Awhile back, @BroncoChicken measured the step in height of a Sasquatch with running boards at 16in. I use a cane and donā€™t have the best mobility. Getting an OBX 2 door with 2.7/AT in rapid red. Not doing the Sasquatch. OBX come standard with running boards/steps. I know I can get the AMP power steps, but donā€™t want to have to pay the extra $$ if I donā€™t need to. Would be pretty embarrassing to go pick up the Bronco and not be able to get into it.
That 16ā€ step was on an Outer Banks. Neither of the Sasquatch broncos I saw had running boards, they had rock rails.

6E66F1DE-6A79-4759-8965-7BDE4FE18273.jpeg

5A5F5DE3-4FA7-4997-938F-DBCD58204006.jpeg

Sponsored

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved the 4DR OBX, it was between this and Badlands (I wanted the Vinyl seats, but didn't need the added suspension). I didn't get to choose when reserving, but I'd do Cyber Orange or Velocity Blue
For Options:
Hard Top (Black)
High Package (want the 12" screen)
Leather Seats
2.7 Engine (maybe, I've heard it is more reliable than the 2.3)
Towing (maybe/probably)

If I did the Badlands I'd option it with:
Hard Top (Black)
High Package (includes Mid)
2.7 Engine (maybe for above reason)
Towing (maybe/probably)

I also have a Mach E GT Reserved. We need a new car in 2021 to replace a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. So I have until December to make some hard choices.
You have similar desired options on oBX that I do. Only difference is the 12 inch screen is not that important to me. What do u estimate purchase price with those options?

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am looking at a 2Dr OBX... I think I am leaning toward antimatter blue with a black top.. which is ironically what was shown in the reservation email... excellent.

Looking at the differences in the packages.. the OBX with the addition of the auto transmission and Mid Package seemed to easily correlate with the price increase from the Back Diamond. And give you access to other higher packages.

As others stated.. I am worried that once I add the 2.7L, leather seats, locking diff, High or Lux package that it approaches a First Edition price.
Is that AMB is the reservation photo? Sure? It looks lighter. I really like the look in the res email too.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Put in for a Big Bend (with Mid Package) but now likely getting the OBX with the 2.7. Hoping the B&O system comes as a stand alone option.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else not feeling the body colored fender flares??? Can I take them off when I build it and get a discount lol? I like the black fender flares and it cuts up the color.

I'm leaning on the following colors and specs:

Either Antimatter Blue, Carbo Gray, Area 51 or Cyber Orange
  • 4dr (although 2dr looks badass)
  • High Package
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Leather forever

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone else not feeling the body colored fender flares??? Can I take them off when I build it and get a discount lol? I like the black fender flares and it cuts up the color.

• High Package
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Leather forever
I like them. One of many reasons I chose Outer Banks

Sponsored

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sometimes... Depends on the color. I think CO or VB or one of the reds could start to be too much potentially, others not so much.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

• High Package
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Leather forever
The body color flares is why we chose the Outer Banks.
I can't get the picture of what a greyed out Chevy Avalanche looks like after a few years out of my head.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The body color flares is why we chose the Outer Banks.
I can't get the picture of what a greyed out Chevy Avalanche looks like after a few years out of my head.
I would only do OB just for high package, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to let go of BD standard options for high package, a bigger screen and 360 camera might not be enough for the change.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm still hoping for a white top option (why not, they are making the Oxford white bronco already with matching color top option) and if so, then the fender flares will be coming off and being painted oxford white.
Sponsored