First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who else is on the list for an outer banks?

The wife and I put in for an oxford white 4 door. We plan on getting the 2.7 and the high package. Im a sucker for that huge 12 inch screen.

Oh and of course the modular black hard top roof.
Same here I’m super torn between the cyber orange and the cactus. And the Lux package has the adaptive cruise control I’m a sales rep and put on a ton of highway miles and I love that feature on my edge.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is currently my biggest dilemma in ordering. I do not like the body color matched door handles and or flares depending on color. I am pretty close to decided on Oxford White and I think it looks best with the grey(?) flares and top and the worst with body colored handles and flairs. If Velocity Blue was available day 1, it might push me the other way. I need build and price now to make my decisions. I know I am going auto, hard top, "tube" steps, rear locker, mid package. Still deciding on 2.7. I would like a few other options like 360 Degree camera, B&O, 33" AT, Adaptive Cruise. If it takes $10k in packages and options to get those features, I will likely skip those items.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see any disclaimer these require anything else, so I'm thinking they are a stand alone option.
This is definitely the description for the Sasquatch package. I've done configurations on other Ford vehicles and Ford never describes that certain listed options are only available in packages, which makes it confusing to try and decipher.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would only do OB just for high package, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to let go of BD standard options for high package, a bigger screen and 360 camera might not be enough for the change.
I'll do the High Package also but not primarily for the 12" screen (that's a plus) but for the sound deadening.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a previous post asking about 33" on the OBX... "if you plan to mount 33" on the Outer Banks you'd probably do best to go up to the optional 4.27:1 rear axle ratio instead of standard 3:73:1 to offset the engine RPM drop with the larger tires. You want torque curve to be in the right place during low-speed ops."

Thoughts?
I would not bother with an upgraded gear for a 1" larger tire, especially if you get the V6, unless you were doing serious rock-crawling.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those thinking about 33"ko2s...

For reference - OBX Stock - Bridgestone Dueller A/T RH-S 255/70/18 (32.1") - $170/ea on tirerack (on sale)

Badlands (keep in mind this is for a 17" wheel) - BFG TA KO2 LT285/70/17 (32.7") - $258/ea

Resizing Badlands KO2s to fit 18", it looks like i need to stepdown from a 285 to 275...LT275/70/18 = 33.2" - $253/ea

Am i thinking about that right? Need to go from 285 to 275 for the 18"? And keep the 70 aspect ratio. Not sure if that will fit well with stock gearing/suspension.

Goal is to get something with a beefier tread and better visual appearance without overdoing it. This is will be the family SUV / road tripper, so do not want MPG or ride quality to be noticeably deteriorated.
The KO2s will be noticeably louder and a little rougher ride. It will probably be hard to notice an MPG difference.

I'm thinking of a second set of 17" wheels with tires specific for off-roading so it's nice as a daily driver and I don't wear out expensive off-road tires making Costco runs but have better tires when off-road.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The body color flares is why we chose the Outer Banks.
I can't get the picture of what a greyed out Chevy Avalanche looks like after a few years out of my head.
You know, that is an excellent point... I keep forgetting about the potential for that to happen, and I know people have brought up using protectant products on the flares and MIC roof, but having them painted as standard would certainly be one less thing to be worried about as time goes on.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll do the High Package also but not primarily for the 12" screen (that's a plus) but for the sound deadening.
good point regarding sound deadening, but I'm not sure what they mean as far as the location of the sound deadening. is it throughout the vehicle or hardtop? if its throughout the vehicle then to me that means most models are not insulated well for temperature and sound?

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
good point regarding sound deadening, but I'm not sure what they mean as far as the location of the sound deadening. is it throughout the vehicle or hardtop? if its throughout the vehicle then to me that means most models are not insulated well for temperature and sound?
I'm not sure what the sound deadening is either. I believe (in the high package) that's in the vehicle, sound deadening in the hard top is a separate option. I'm pretty sure that is something I don't want to take on once I take delivery of the Bronco.

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would not bother with an upgraded gear for a 1" larger tire, especially if you get the V6, unless you were doing serious rock-crawling.
I'll be ordering the rear locker option which I hope gets the 4.27's and I will be going with the 33's.
You are correct, the 1" taller tires running 3.73's isn't a deal breaker for me either.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sound deadening is something I would love to test drive to tell the difference. If the complete sound deadening package makes for a more comfortable ride, that could very easily get me to jump up in trim/package. I like the idea of taking longer trips with the Bronco if it is more livable for the wife, the more I get to take the Bronco out of the bran!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True, but you really get the package so you can step up to 37s.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Outer Banks would be perfect with a 2" lift and some tall skinny tires for that retro look. The Sasquatch is cool and all but I want to keep the colored fender flares I'm paying for.

Here's to hoping and wishing. ?
Sponsored