Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There’s the cargo mat I couldn’t order. :(
I could not order the rear cargo mat as well. It was not on the B & P when I converted my order. My dealer said that he can order it later. Will probably cost more. Kinda sucks.

OP
OP
zgoods

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks.

Comparing front hip / front shoulder
Mazda 6: 53.5 / 55.9
Focus: 53.9 / 55.6
Bronco: 55.9 / 56.5

so slightly bigger. Maybe expectations were too high? What was most puzzling was the other poster than said it was comparable to his Silverado which is a whopping 7-8” wider than the Bronco. Either way, Bronco has an inch or two over a Wrangler upfront. Bronco width is very similar/touch wider than the current Ranger.

crazy part is for the Sasquatch, the track is 66” and the tires edge to edge are 79.3”. Same exact as the width of the truck. Which means zero flare overlap. It could barely fit in my driveway and is similar to any other LARGE suv / F150 etc that are capped at 79.9” width with some more overlap from fenders. Meaning the tire width of the bronco is 1” wider when it come to maneuverability. But the exterior width is so heavily skewed to flares and tires that the interior width is a solid 7-8” less than those other SUVs/trucks
Great work! Should it not be more than an inch or two bigger? No way as big as a Silverado lol. I was thinking I could sit high and the car would be high, everything is set pretty low.
Every review/video I have seen has said it has plenty of room. 6'4" people having plenty of headroom.
Correct, headroom is not a problem. There was a 6+ ft guy there who said he fit no problem, he was all of 100 lbs tho so width was not a concern for him.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know about a fire but for some reason Ford does a pretty crappy job under the hood organizing things. All the under hood shots so far look like a complete mess.

Was actually going to post this same topic earlier, lol!
The 2.3L isn't too bad really, but the 2.7L looks like you ripped Optimus Prime's chest open and took a peek inside.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, you might have 2 days to consider a different trim. :) Here is a pdf with the tire sizes. The height is not really an issue going a little bigger, it is the width of the rim that will be a bit limiting. Going bigger tires and rim is always possible, but that will be some expense. Go to a tire comparison site and you can plug in some scenarios to see the change in size. Tire Size Comparison

2021 Bronco Preliminary Specs (ford.com)
I like most everything about the OBX and can live with the things I don’t. Personally I plan on having two sets of rims/tires, one set for everyday and one set for having fun. As far as the things I don’t care for I can wrap the fender flares or sell/trade them, I can likely sell the tube steps if I don’t want them, even at half cost of what they are on build and price would probably be good, I was thinking about wrapping the grill likely close to carbonized grey or trying to trade of buy a different one. The build I have is loaded up with everything that I want and even the things I am on the wall about I can remedy. Anyway, I can’t wait to get my hands on this vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the rubber mat in the cargo area standard on all trims? First I can recall seeing it out perhaps the wide angle lens is throwing it off for me.
No, you have to order it.

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Currently at a ford preview event in Detroit with a Outer Banks. Two weeks in the D and they’ll be heading to other states. Edit with some more pictures. Sorry folks, this was an Outer Banks with lux, not first edition. Hard to see straight first time next to it.

Second Edit** Time for some comments and rest of my pictures:

To share some more of my experience. First I come from a sedan, when I got into the front seat it felt snug. Not super tight or anything but I definitely expected more room coming into an SUV. I am 5,10, 180 lbs. A guy who was over 6 feet was concerned about fitting but said he had no problem, he was a lot skinnier than me though! There was a jeep owner there and he had the same reaction, "felt a little snug." The man in the blue jeans needed two hands the entire time he was handling the door, he also broke part of the harness connector when trying to close the door without reconnecting it lol. The aux switches feel more plastic than rubberized and I wish they were just a tad harder to move back and forth. The manual lock/unlock that is in between the door handle was extremely hard to move back and forth, it felt like I was breaking it. What is really weird to me, the front wheel wells have are fabric lined, similar to what you see under the hood. The interior of the soft top has exposed metal bars going across to support it, it honestly looked pretty cheap. The fenders easily come off with a little twist adapter (you can see part of the level for this in the wheel well picture). For anyone looking to remove the spare tire, the rear camera is mounted inside of the tire mount so you cannot fully remove the hardware of the spare tire if you have a camera. Some bad news that was shared with me, estimated delivery dates that are supposed to be announced May 3rd, the rep said he's been told they won't announce until summer. What is summer? I don't know but maybe not May :(

2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 11.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 3.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 2.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 10.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 5.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 8.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 7.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 9.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 1.jpg
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Rapid Red 4-Door Soft Top 4.jpg

2021-bronco-outer-banks-interior-jpeg.jpg

IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG
Currently at a ford preview event in Detroit with a Outer Banks. Two weeks in the D and they’ll be heading to other states. Edit with some more pictures. Sorry folks, this was an Outer Banks with lux, not first edition. Hard to see straight first time next to it.

To share some more of my experience. First I come from a sedan, when I got into the front seat it felt snug. Not super tight or anything but I definitely expected more room coming into an SUV. I am 5,10, 180 lbs. A guy who was over 6 feet was concerned about fitting but said he had no problem, he was a lot skinnier than me though! There was a jeep owner there and he had the same reaction, "felt a little snug." The man in the blue jeans needed two hands the entire time he was handling the door, he also broke part of the harness connector when trying to close the door without reconnecting it lol. The aux switches feel more plastic than rubberized and I wish they were just a tad harder to move back and forth. The manual lock/unlock that is in between the door handle was extremely hard to move back and forth, it felt like I was breaking it. What is really weird to me, the front wheel wells have are fabric lined, similar to what you see under the hood. The interior of the soft top has exposed metal bars going across to support it, it honestly looked pretty cheap. The fenders easily come off with a little twist adapter (you can see part of the level for this in the wheel well picture). For anyone looking to remove the spare tire, the rear camera is mounted inside of the tire mount so you cannot fully remove the hardware of the spare tire if you have a camera. Some bad news that was shared with me, estimated delivery dates that are supposed to be announced May 3rd, the rep said he's been told they won't announce until summer. What is summer? I don't know but maybe not May :(

IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG
I was at this dealership yesterday and sat in this Bronco. I loved virtual everything I saw. I’m 6’0 and 210lbs and felt very comfortable in the drivers seat. The guys demonstrating the removal of the front door did need more practice! It is clearly a two person task.

Geez

Wildtrak
First Name
geez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang gt 2016 mustang gt 2017 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG
these are purpose built off road vehicles. if you're looking for an suv, get an expedition.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer is having an event also. They don't know yet what 2 Broncos are coming though.
Mine either - I'm just hoping to see a non-sasquatch 4dr.

OP
OP
zgoods

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

these are purpose built off road vehicles. if you're looking for an suv, get an expedition.
Agreed! I clearly see that now after being in it.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is really weird to me, the front wheel wells have are fabric lined, similar to what you see under the hood.
My guess is this was done to reduce road noise since it is an Outer Banks that’s supposed to have more sound deadening.

OP
OP
zgoods

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100%, trying to get my commentary out there so others know what to expect.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is this was done to reduce road noise since it is an Outer Banks that’s supposed to have more sound deadening.
I think this is normal now for "nicer" SUVs. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has it too. It cleans off easier than I expected it would but I haven't taken it serious off roading. So yes maybe like someone else said, it helps with Sound Deadening. I Wouldn't be considered with this.

About an earlier comment on the hardware for the soft top looking cheap. That too is how a soft top is setup when you have something big enough to cover the size of this vehicle. Not sure there are any other alternatives. Jeeps are the same way. Once again, not a deal breaker but the reality of having a soft top. That's why I am getting a hardtop :)

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG
Worried about " snug fit for 180,lb 5-10,. I'm 6',6" 1/8 ton .
Sponsored