jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Width wise. I drive a Mazda 6 and a Ford Focus. I keep thinking about it and my expectations were that of a large SUV or pick up truck which this is not. All the controls are close by, its not roomy but not crammed either.
Thanks.

Comparing front hip / front shoulder
Mazda 6: 53.5 / 55.9
Focus: 53.9 / 55.6
Bronco: 55.9 / 57.1
My Subaru Outback: 55.5 / 58.1
Wrangler: 53.9 / 55.9
Ranger: 55.8 / 56.7

so slightly bigger. Maybe expectations were too high? What was most puzzling was the other poster that said the front cabin was comparable to his Silverado which is a whopping 7-8” wider than the Bronco. Either way, Bronco has an inch or two over a Wrangler upfront. Bronco interior width is very similar to the current Ranger.

crazy part is for the Sasquatch, the track is 66.9” and the tires edge to edge are 79.3”. Same exact as the width of the truck. Which means zero flare overlap. It could barely fit in my driveway and is similar to any other Three row suv / F150 etc that are capped at 79.9” wide with some more overlap from fenders. Meaning the tire width of the bronco is 1” wider when it come to maneuverability. But the exterior width is so heavily allocated to flares and tires that the interior width is a solid 7-8” less than those other SUVs/trucks. It’s like a midsize sedan cabin fixed to an F150 chassis (at least width wise)

I always thought about it as taking my Subaru Outback (which is a little narrow / borderline acceptable) and slapping on 4” of flares and tires on each side for Sasquatch package, bridged by protruding side steps. Hoping the height and boxiness of the cabin makes it feel like an upgrade in terms of roominess
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone think that maybe if you put bigger tires on the OBX rims that they would not look so bad? I’m trying to figure it out, I ordered the OBX in Area 51 but hate the rims and am on the fence about the painted fender flares. Probably get rid of the tub steps too, haha.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone think that maybe if you put bigger tires on the OBX rims that they would not look so bad? I’m trying to figure it out, I ordered the OBX in Area 51 but hate the rims and am on the fence about the painted fender flares. Probably get rid of the tub steps too, haha.
Then why not order a badlands? Change all that and you havr your cost difference.

Sponsored

BroncoBeach

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the first negative review I have read on the new Bronco. I did NOT get the Sasquatch package on my otherwise loaded Outerbanks. I love the way it looks with the Sasquatch package, but I have no need for it other than vanity. I am having a hard time convincing myself to modify the order to add the Sasquatch package. My plan has been to live with the 32" tires and upgrade to 33" tires whenever I wear out the original set.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If only it were black. We’ve ordered the OB 4 Dr, Lux. Would love to see one like that so I could show the wife

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clearly no one with OCD involved in this decision and not a trace of estrogen to be found. That’s a complete mess.
We are still looking at pre production that will end up being crushed I believe?

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks.

Comparing front hip / front shoulder
Mazda 6: 53.5 / 55.9
Focus: 53.9 / 55.6
Bronco: 55.9 / 56.5 (FYI shoulder room is probably hindered with thick B pillars for exoskeleton but wider elbow room)
My Subaru Outback: 55.5 / 58.1
Wrangler: 53.9 / 55.9
Ranger: 55.8 / 56.7

so slightly bigger. Maybe expectations were too high? What was most puzzling was the other poster that said the front cabin was comparable to his Silverado which is a whopping 7-8” wider than the Bronco. Either way, Bronco has an inch or two over a Wrangler upfront. Bronco interior width is very similar to the current Ranger.

crazy part is for the Sasquatch, the track is 66.9” and the tires edge to edge are 79.3”. Same exact as the width of the truck. Which means zero flare overlap. It could barely fit in my driveway and is similar to any other Three row suv / F150 etc that are capped at 79.9” wide with some more overlap from fenders. Meaning the tire width of the bronco is 1” wider when it come to maneuverability. But the exterior width is so heavily allocated to flares and tires that the interior width is a solid 7-8” less than those other SUVs/trucks. It’s like a midsize sedan cabin fixed to an F150 chassis (at least width wise)

I always thought about it as taking my Subaru Outback (which is a little narrow / borderline acceptable) and slapping on 4” of flares and tires on each side for Sasquatch package, bridged by protruding side steps. Hoping the height and boxiness of the cabin makes it feel like an upgrade in terms of roominess
Ford website says front shoulder room is 57.1. I think your number is the rear

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are still looking at pre production that will end up being crushed I believe?
Agreed, but no woman in her right mind would have let that clusterF happen in the first place!

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then why not order a badlands? Change all that and you havr your cost difference.
Because for the cost of everything I added I was able to keep it closer to the price point I wanted. The 2.7 with High Package and a few other things made around $48k the Badlands with the same set up is like $53k. I debated originally going down to a Big Bend with Mid and Sas but figured that since it is going to be mostly my daily driver that the addition of the 360 cameras, larger touchscreen, and what not would be better to start since they would be more difficult to add at a later date. I love the look of the Sas but living in flat Florida I wouldnt get the full use immediately out of the Sasquatch, if I were back in Colorado there would have been no choice but to Sasquatch it. I likely will look aftermarket for a lift, rims and tires, and a few other things. I added the 4.27 locking rear axel for the event of putting larger tires on the vehicle. Anyway, just my thinking, but if the allocations are still correct I may be looking at a 22MY since I was supposedly like 30 back from the last at my dealer. My reservation was July 26th so if I get pushed back then maybe the 22MY will have more options.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, but no woman in her right mind would have let that clusterF happen in the first place!
If I have the hood popped for more than a couple hours a year (and even then only to do oil changes) I'm trading my Bronco in on something Japanese.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, you might have 2 days to consider a different trim. :) Here is a pdf with the tire sizes. The height is not really an issue going a little bigger, it is the width of the rim that will be a bit limiting. Going bigger tires and rim is always possible, but that will be some expense. Go to a tire comparison site and you can plug in some scenarios to see the change in size. Tire Size Comparison

2021 Bronco Preliminary Specs (ford.com)
Sponsored