mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good day everyone. Not sure this is the best section to post this but here it goes. I will be ordering an Outer Banks with Lux trim as soon as new orders open up.

I am looking at adding a few mods but one of the first will be a set of 35s with 20" wheels. It is my understanding that with a stock Outer Banks, I will need to lift it 2 to 3" for the 35s.

I would love feedback on going with the Sasquatch package vs going a different route to lift.

The Bronco will see very little if any trails. Mostly street driving so I want to make sure the ride is as comfortable and quiet as possible.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch package lift is 1.1". It gives you proper gearing, lift, better axles, front lockers, the correct rim offset, and the proper fender flares, while preserving your warranty. If you don't like the rims and tires, they sell for around $1700-1800, as opposed to OBX take-offs that go for $500-600. It's a bargain.

Last edited:

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a non-Sas obx. My advice is to go sas. I had the sas wheels and tires before I got my Bronco. I had the wheels and tires put on it and a 2 inch zone lift the day I picked it up. I have since bought the sas suspension take offs (not installed yet). I also did not think I would do much off roading but that has changed. You live within an hour or so from some great trails, you may change your mind. Make sure you go to the Bronco Off Rodeo, it's practically free.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want 35" tires, then going with the Sasquatch is an easy sell. It's only $4200 on the Outer Banks.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ditto.. No regrets here.

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a non-Sas obx. My advice is to go sas. I had the sas wheels and tires before I got my Bronco. I had the wheels and tires put on it and a 2 inch zone lift the day I picked it up. I have since bought the sas suspension take offs (not installed yet). I also did not think I would do much off roading but that has changed. You live within an hour or so from some great trails, you may change your mind. Make sure you go to the Bronco Off Rodeo, it's practically free.
I have Wiltrak takeoffs, full asfir skids, bilstein 5100's to lift. If I did it again I would go SAS. Really did not anticipate how much I would love actually driving off road, well more than a stock OBX with the locking rear end would go.

OP
OP
mig1980

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you all so much for the great response.

What can you all tell me about the ride and comfort on the streets going SAS vs aftermarket?

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Wiltrak takeoffs, full asfir skids, bilstein 5100's to lift. If I did it again I would go SAS. Really did not anticipate how much I would love actually driving off road, well more than a stock OBX with the locking rear end would go.
I would too. I had no idea what I was doing when I ordered mine. I just knew I wanted it!!! After going to the off rodeo I was pissed at myself for not going sas.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good day everyone. Not sure this is the best section to post this but here it goes. I will be ordering an Outer Banks with Lux trim as soon as new orders open up.

I am looking at adding a few mods but one of the first will be a set of 35s with 20" wheels. It is my understanding that with a stock Outer Banks, I will need to lift it 2 to 3" for the 35s.

I would love feedback on going with the Sasquatch package vs going a different route to lift.

The Bronco will see very little if any trails. Mostly street driving so I want to make sure the ride is as comfortable and quiet as possible.
I got the 2021 OBX High Package with all the upgrades EXCEPT the SASQUATCH. I have 25,000 miles on 32" OEM tires. Hearing how nicely the SAS package rides and handles, its the one almost-regret I have. I do have the Adv. Transfer case and rear locker. I have Badlands 17x8 take-off wheels and will soon be buying 33" tires for my OBX, which to me is the ideal mid-sized tire upgrade. In time, I'll install a 1" coilover lift, and have two sets of wheels/tires, one for off-roading and one for the highway season.

If you really think you want 35 inch tires on your OBX, IMHO its a no-brainer that you buy the SAS package when ordering. Since the OBX already has some upgrades, its only a $4,000 cost (in 2021). Then, you have the suspension, axles, gearing and lift included OEM to run 35" tires, as well as a front locker. Much easier and cheaper than adding the lift etc later -- and if you lift later like me, you'll have weaker axles, no front locker and higher gear ratios (which are good for MPG but not trails). You also might decide you like the OEM Sasquatch tires, or you might run two sets, your 20" street, and the OEM SAS for offroad.

Keep in mind, though, the SAS package will cost you 3mpg for the life of the vehicle, and be 3" more difficult to climb into, which is why I'll spend more than that $4,000 adding 33" ($2,000) tires and moderate coilover shocks ($4-5,000) to my stock non-SAS OBX. Hope this helps your consideration! Everything is a trade-off.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would too. I had no idea what I was doing when I ordered mine. I just knew I wanted it!!! After going to the off rodeo I was pissed at myself for not going sas.
I am very happy with her now though!

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go SAS. I have a SAS OBX. It's very capable to hit trails as soon as you get it. Everything is under warranty. And where you are, you have the opportunity to out there and have some fun. It rides well on the road.

ブロンコ

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 | Black Diamond | 35-Inch M/T | 2-Door | 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go sas you won’t regret it. I put 35s on my BD and it drives nice, but I wish I had the proper gearing, suspension, front locker, etc.

OP
OP
mig1980

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well...thank you all so much for the input. Guess I will be going SAS with my build. This is exactly the input I was hoping for. I am looking forward to picking up a Bronco and being an active part of this forum and community!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When in doubt, Sasquatch it.