First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landrover LR3 2007
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could use come advice. I have a Outer Banks reservation placed 7/20/20 but wondering if I should swap to a Badlands, Not sure what that does for my reservation # cue... Curious what you think between models... I drive a Landrover LR3 currently. I don't care for the same color fender flares w Outer Banks just realized that feature.. I live in CA bay Area, am an avid duck hunter, big game hunt in snow out of state, and snowboard in Tahoe. It will be my daily driver for real estate but will also serve for trailing through mud and snow with some off-road backcountry pack trips. Probably going to want leather inside and heated seats. What model would you guys get? I'm not worried about a $5K cost difference as I keep this possible forever. Thanks for input Tony
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really comes down to whether or not you want the extra offroad features that the Badlands comes with or not. You probably don't need them for anything mild, but it is nice to have them if you decide to do more offroading in the future.

As for leather, if that is a priority then you will definitely have to pay for that in the Outerbanks, but from the looks at the Bronco Super Celebration photos and comparison thread, it is not much different from marine grade vinyl. Personally I will be getting a Badlands and sticking with the vinyl, but probably getting the Lux package because I will daily drive this and have had a wrangler with no creature comforts for the past 7 years. For me, it's time for a major upgrade.

Rubber floors will also be nice for the outdoors related activities, but not a necessity. Even the base model will probably accomplish everything you want out of the Bronco.

It really boils down to what you want and what makes you happiest. For me, it's knowing I will probably have much more capability than I will be able to use in the next 3-5 years and I will never wish I had splurged for the Badlands fir washout interior or swaybar disconnect. Neither are necessary, but they will get used heavily just because I have them.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could use come advice. I have a Outer Banks reservation placed 7/20/20 but wondering if I should swap to a Badlands, Not sure what that does for my reservation # cue... Curious what you think between models... I drive a Landrover LR3 currently. I don't care for the same color fender flares w Outer Banks just realized that feature.. I live in CA bay Area, am an avid duck hunter, big game hunt in snow out of state, and snowboard in Tahoe. It will be my daily driver for real estate but will also serve for trailing through mud and snow with some off-road backcountry pack trips. Probably going to want leather inside and heated seats. What model would you guys get? I'm not worried about a $5K cost difference as I keep this possible forever. Thanks for input Tony
Honestly, it will be super easy and cheap to change out the fender flares and I am sure someone would love to trade you for your colored ones. If thats the only point of contention, then I would go that route. However, changing to Badlands will get you a lot more off-roading capability. It will get you front and rear lockers (which honestly you may or may not need), front and rear steel bumpers as opposed to the plastic ones you are getting with the outerbanks, and larger tires (and I think 33 inch tires will be great for what you do with your Bronco). However, with the Badlands, the automatic transmission is not included in its base price so you will pay up fee for going to Badlands, plus the automatic transmission. Also, changing models shouldn't affect your reservation cue. You will just order whatever come December but keep your same cue.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Outer Banks or Badlands giphy (66)

That's what I read.

*It won't affect your theoretically reserved spot in line. If you're worried about getting around in the Tahoe area, I would suggest getting it Squatched. Or skipping to a Wildtrak might suit you best. Don't worry, though, Build and Price will be out very, very soon.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Join the club man, join the club.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

badlands. the outer banks looks like a ford flex imo.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved an Outer Banks, so may be a bit biased. Sounds like coming from an LR, you like creature comforts which Outer Banks caters to more than going off road. Since I'm not going off road, I'm getting all of the creature comforts without the need to pay for things I'll never use.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sasquatch the obx
That was my intention but I want the v6 and hardtop too. Which means I'm likely going OBX to Wildtrak.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First... do NOT change your reservation. Regardless of what trim you picked originally, you can change it at time of order (Dec)

When it comes to flipping between those 2, it boils down to a simple question... you are not comparing apples to apples... you either want the washout floors or you don't.

Once you resolve that, your question has been answered until BP comes out which will help you determine which Bronco branch you start with.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First... do NOT change your reservation. Regardless of what trim you picked originally, you can change it at time of order (Dec)

When it comes to flipping between those 2, it boils down to a simple question... you are not comparing apples to apples... you either want the washout floors or you don't.

Once you resolve that, your question has been answered until BP comes out which will help you determine which Bronco branch you start with.
+1 Amen and Hallelujah

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands all the way. You get a better stance, 33s, and the truck looks much better without the colored matched flares and low rider style running boards. I know you can switch those out, but why if you can get the badlands looking good already, and more capable?

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, it will be super easy and cheap to change out the fender flares and I am sure someone would love to trade you for your colored ones. If thats the only point of contention, then I would go that route. However, changing to Badlands will get you a lot more off-roading capability. It will get you front and rear lockers (which honestly you may or may not need), front and rear steel bumpers as opposed to the plastic ones you are getting with the outerbanks, and larger tires (and I think 33 inch tires will be great for what you do with your Bronco). However, with the Badlands, the automatic transmission is not included in its base price so you will pay up fee for going to Badlands, plus the automatic transmission. Also, changing models shouldn't affect your reservation cue. You will just order whatever come December but keep your same cue.
I’m in the same boat.. only with Black Diamond... I want the MGV... but also want the High package, which BD currently doesn’t have. I thought about OBX but don’t care for fender flares or the interior - I have a 4 door BL reserved... and until Ford can get their stuff together, might need to move to BD or OBX becuase I want the 2.7 and, like you, go to Tahoe (Bay Area) and want the ski/snowboard racks that don’t come on the 4 door... Do I really need the extras of the Badlands as I am not rock crawling... nope... but it’s the only package that gets me close(r) to the ideal Bronco I want (High pkg/MGV/33” tires)... I guess until Ford does more testing... or actually has a conversation with it’s customers on what is really driving no roof rack... I’ll just wait and see...

Homer Rice

Badlands
First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer LTD and Dodge Durango Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was all in on the Outer banks as I will likely never go off road (intentionally) but do not like the body colored fenders and door handles at all. But I want the high package (12" LCD) which takes me to the Badlands....any chance one could order the OB without the body colored handles/fenders? thx

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....... Personally I will be getting a Badlands and sticking with the vinyl, but probably getting the Lux package because I will daily drive this and have had a wrangler with no creature comforts for the past 7 years. For me, it's time for a major upgrade.
I am in the same boat. I have a 2013 JKU with manual windows, and electric nothing. Looking for major upgrade myself.

.... But I want the high package (12" LCD) which takes me to the Badlands....any chance one could order the OB without the body colored handles/fenders? thx
It’s super easy to remove the fenders with no tools required. I am sure bushwhacker and others will be making aftermarket fenders very soon. You could always craiglist the fenders for an exchange.
Sponsored