First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interestingly I ran the Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks trims all through the B&P and built as fully loaded and as close to each other as I could - the pricing was within a few hundred dollars overall - obviously there are different GOAT modes available on each and the sway bar disconnect on Badlands, but still, very interesting indeed.

For those struggling with interior colors and preferring a different trim's interior color options, perhaps a different trim entirely is the best decision for you.

For me, as an all black vehicle type of guy typically, I love the Badlands, the orange stitching and accents, as well as the MIC hardtop roof and matching grille, so that's the version for me.

See attached for the builds - pricing below...
Wildtrak: $59,990
Badlands: $59,745
Outer Banks: $59,425
Sponsored

Attachments

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interestingly I ran the Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks trims all through the B&P and built as fully loaded and as close to each other as I could - the pricing was within a few hundred dollars overall - obviously there are different GOAT modes available on each and the sway bar disconnect on Badlands, but still, very interesting indeed.

For those struggling with interior colors and preferring a different trim's interior color options, perhaps a different trim entirely is the best decision for you.

For me, as an all black vehicle type of guy typically, I love the Badlands, the orange stitching and accents, as well as the MIC hardtop roof and matching grille, so that's the version for me.

Yeah, this is kind of the reason I'm on the fence between a BL and WT.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I reserved a Wildtrak but I am NOT too crazy about the interior so I built out a badlands BUT I know I don't need DISCO and can't get sound deadening on the Hardtop ... so I built an OuterBanks and I think I am going with an outerbanks

BUT yeah ... prices are the same if you add the same options.

OP
OP
LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a Wildtrak but I am NOT too crazy about the interior so I built out a badlands BUT I know I don't need DISCO and can't get sound deadening on the Hardtop ... so I built an OuterBanks and I think I am going with an outerbanks

BUT yeah ... prices are the same if you add the same options.
Exactly - I find it odd all the griping about interior colors and all of that - in reality these versions can all be built pretty damn similarly - will you sacrifice something like a GOAT mode or vinyl seats if you want those, sure you will - but in reality there are only so many hardcore off roaders out there, many will go a handful of times - so pick the interior that matches the look you are going for as the top 3 trims (not including FE), can all be spec'ed out pretty much the same.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been going through those three fully loaded and have eliminated OBX as an option. Basically, for the same price you can get the sway bar disco and an extra GOAT mode.

More importantly for me (just my opinion of course), it comes down to the interior choices. Out of the three trims, the only interior I like is the Black w/ Cyber Orange accents so Wildtrak is also out of the running (unless more options are offered).

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did similar build outs on the same trims, and your build out of the OBX did the same thing as mine. The total of all of your accessories does not equal the total at the bottom. It's off by $795. It seems like for the OBX in the Build & Price, it adds an additional $795 for an option that it doesn't show. Must be a glitch. So in reality, your build price for the OBX would be $795 cheaper.

OP
OP
LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I did exactly this. Prior to B&P opening, I had started wavering from Badlands toward OBX and then WT. Once B&P opened, I did what you did, and I discovered that the original tri m didn't really make that much difference in price, if I get everything I want. I have convinced myself, using B&P, that Badlands is what I want.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
funny as I was thinking about sharing my conclusions via a post as you did.

I am leaning towards the OuterBanks because:

- I can get sound deadening on the hardtop
- I like the grill better and not the cheese grater grill on the Wildtrak and Badlands
- body painted mirrors and door handles are standard
- side steps are standard and my wife would appreciate this

I would prefer the Badlands interior BUT I know I would most likely never use DISCO and DISCO would just add weight and complicate the under body with hydraulic lines going everywhere.

Exactly - I find it odd all the griping about interior colors and all of that - in reality these versions can all be built pretty damn similarly - will you sacrifice something like a GOAT mode or vinyl seats if you want those, sure you will - but in reality there are only so many hardcore off roaders out there, many will go a handful of times - so pick the interior that matches the look you are going for as the top 3 trims (not including FE), can all be spec'ed out pretty much the same.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
What exterior color and interior color are you going for on the OB?

funny as I was thinking about sharing my conclusions via a post as you did.

I am leaning towards the OuterBanks because:

- I can get sound deadening on the hardtop
- I like the grill better and not the cheese grater grill on the Wildtrak and Badlands
- You can get body painted mirrors and door handles
- side steps are standard and my wife would appreciate this

I would prefer the Badlands interior BUT I know I would most likely never use DISCO and DISCO would just add weight and complicate the under body with hydraulic lines going everywhere.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Comparing Fully Loaded Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks Bronco_Choices

Someone else trying to decide on these 3 too?

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Tesla Model 3; KTM 450 XCF & 300 XC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks. As a FE reservation holder disillusioned by Ford's interior choice for the FE I have been exploring these three fully loaded options as well to find a better fit. Strangely I have come to the conclusion that I will come closer to getting what I want in my new Bronco and save $3K in the process. I guess more money for aftermarket companies and less for Ford.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We really need to see these things in real life. The visualizations are not even close between the digital mockups and real life. Just look at the Leather interior on the B&P:

Ford Bronco Comparing Fully Loaded Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks 1603912979881

Now in real life:

Ford Bronco Comparing Fully Loaded Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks 1603913059175

The B&P shows a muted grey color with the tan and the actual color is black. Looks completely different. I need to see the Navy Pier in Leather on a real car (Not the cloth). And would be nice to feel how the MGV feels. Is it going to give you swamp ass like a normal vinyl seat would? Not that leather is 100% better with that.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I did similar build outs on the same trims, and your build out of the OBX did the same thing as mine. The total of all of your accessories does not equal the total at the bottom. It's off by $795. It seems like for the OBX in the Build & Price, it adds an additional $795 for an option that it doesn't show. Must be a glitch. So in reality, your build price for the OBX would be $795 cheaper.
The $795 is for the AOD 4x4, play around when you add/remove either the auto or squatch it'll tell you that cost but doesn't show in the summary.
Sponsored