Sponsored

Fully Loaded Outer Banks Ordered, Wait For Hardtop?

Airstevo

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had a couple 70 degree days the day I picked it up. But they 70 degree day turns to 30 degrees within 2 hours once the sun goes down. Being able to flip the soft top into position 1 and back within 15 seconds is connivence I could never give up anymore lol

That's exactly how it is where I am too! It really is going to be great when it warms up a bit more but having the versatility has really been a great surprise. I just keep a panel bag in the back now and it's so easy and quick
Sponsored

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, thatā€™s crazy! The soft tops are less expensive, correct? Thanks!
Soft top with all the windows I believe is $4000. People sell their soft tops after swapping for usually 500-800. Thatā€™s the route I would go. I have a hard top OBX non SAS on order that looks like it might finally be built week of 4-4 and Iā€™ve already worked out a deal with another member on these forums to drive to him and pickup his soft top he replaced once I get mine in. By far the cheaper option is hard top factory and buy someoneā€™s ā€œusedā€ soft top if you want both. I plan to use the soft top in summer during camping season here in Texas and the hard top all other times of year.

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi, all! So, I placed my order for an Outer Banks a few days ago with the Sasquatch Package, Lux Package, leather/vinyl seats in Roast and Onyx, and Auxiliary Overhead Switches, and a hardtopā€¦ My question for you fine folks is, since Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be commodity issues with at least a few of the packages, should I keep the hardtop since itā€™s going to be a long wait anyway, or go for a soft top? Will getting the soft top change the wait time that much, or should I just hold out for the hard top? Thanks so much for any insight and/or words of wisdom that you may have!šŸ˜ƒ
Very similar to other responses, I switched to Soft Top on my OBX w/ LUX and have not regretted it a bit. The fun and convenience of flipping top back is great, plus noise (when both up and down) is much better than expected. I'm now leaning against ordering hard top later when available to add-on.

Ford Bronco Fully Loaded Outer Banks Ordered, Wait For Hardtop? 1646414249378

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s AWESOME! Ha! Iā€™m curious - are the hard tops more expensive after the build? Honestly, at this point I donā€™t even care what the cost is - I would just like it sooner rather than later, so Iā€™d go for a softie if it even took two days off the wait! Iā€™m desperate (like the rest of us!) over here!šŸ¤£
Yes, ridiculously high.....

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I held to all my options, Outerbanks, Sasquatch, lux, Hard Top..ect if I'm ordering it I want it exactly the way I want it.

4 months and 2,400 miles I'm VERY happy with my decision.

20220219_125639.jpg

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you sound like you want it as fast as possible. I would manage your list of options based on the known commodity constraints and see if it gets you a build date right away.

I did just that and I got a build date right away. I got jerked around a bit with delays and adjusted build dates and then a secondary QA hold for a month. But I got my rig and I have been driving it for six months. And loving it!

Do I wish I had a hard top in New England winter? Yes! Snow blowing into the vehicle when it's windy. Really noisy. But I'll get a hard top when they are available and I'll probably get a white one, which is still not an option from Ford. But in the meantime, I'm driving a Bronco around. That's what's up!

Spring is almost here and I might take the soft top right off by April.

Having written all that, I have no idea what the current constraints are. It sounds like chips might be limiting production so I don't know if your top choice is the biggest factor. But if you think you know the current build formula, take a shot. -especially if you can add your omitted options later.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi, all! So, I placed my order for an Outer Banks a few days ago with the Sasquatch Package, Lux Package, leather/vinyl seats in Roast and Onyx, and Auxiliary Overhead Switches, and a hardtopā€¦ My question for you fine folks is, since Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be commodity issues with at least a few of the packages, should I keep the hardtop since itā€™s going to be a long wait anyway, or go for a soft top? Will getting the soft top change the wait time that much, or should I just hold out for the hard top? Thanks so much for any insight and/or words of wisdom that you may have!šŸ˜ƒ
I am a WT so at first I had no option. Then when I had the chance to get it earlier: No MIC, No Tow, No PPF,etc. I opted for the soft top and picking up aftermarket(Advanced Fiberglass) or MIC top down the road. I live in Northern California and don't deal with extreme cold or hot, so I rolled the dice on the soft top. Depending on what part of New York you are in, you may have to have a hard top. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Got my order in and immediately received 12/20 date. However i did get bumped all the way to next week 3/10 (whew Finally!) but it was worth it considering that so many have not even received date or VIN# with earlier res dates then mine(day 3 res).

Good Luck with your order, its definitely worth the wait!! šŸ˜…

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered the exact same build, except with soft top, in November 2021 and had a VIN number and build week by January. Original build week was 3/28 and now 4/4, which seems to be holding. My dealer says MIC and tow are the big issues that will slow you down, and she has a Bronco of her own and is the Ford dealerā€™s go to salesperson for the vehicle.

Youā€˜re in New York where a hard top makes sense, and Iā€™m in AZ where a soft top does, but Iā€™ve seen dozens of folks here from out East and the Midwest who seem very happy with how the soft top performs in the cold. I had a Wrangler with both a hard and soft top, and to be honest the hard top ended up hanging in my garage for about six years straight. There is nothing like a convertible top that can be easily flipped up or down when the weather allows!

What color did you get? Velocity Blue here.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hard top first, then softy. The OEM soft top looks like @ss.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I ordered the exact same build, except with soft top, in November 2021 and had a VIN number and build week by January. Original build week was 3/28 and now 4/4, which seems to be holding. My dealer says MIC and tow are the big issues that will slow you down, and she has a Bronco of her own and is the Ford dealerā€™s go to salesperson for the vehicle.

Youā€˜re in New York where a hard top makes sense, and Iā€™m in AZ where a soft top does, but Iā€™ve seen dozens of folks here from out East and the Midwest who seem very happy with how the soft top performs in the cold. I had a Wrangler with both a hard and soft top, and to be honest the hard top ended up hanging in my garage for about six years straight. There is nothing like a convertible top that can be easily flipped up or down when the weather allows!

What color did you get? Velocity Blue here.
Thanks for the insight! I went with Cactus Gray, and am thinking I may go for a softie - anything to get it here even a day earlier!šŸ˜œ

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait for the hard top unless you want to look into a funhouse mirror everytime you look at the rear windows. I'm glad I got a hard top.
Sponsored