Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My reservation is for an OBX, but I am on the Badlands train now.

Not only did I not like the body-colored fender flares, door handles, and mirror caps; I also don't like the wheel and tire options on the OBX. Combined with the body-colored stuff, they make it look a lot more like a generic SUV, in my opinion.

I'm not a serious off-roader, but I do some light off roading and I do want the capability to drive through about anything. The BL gets me there. And I think it looks a lot better doing so.

Adding Sasquatch to the OBX doesn't really do it for me, either, but it does help. However, I don't want the Sasquatch wheels. I do like the fact the BL has many of the Sasquatch bits, though.

As someone who was looking at the OBX, I'm one of those guys who plans to load up the tech. So I won't go with a trim level that can't have the LUX package. My options then, are OBX (not a fan of the look), Wildtrak (but I don't want Sasquatch), or Badlands.

My only grip with BL is I can't add power seats to the MGV. I know I can add leather, but that kills a lot of the functionality of the BL interior. So, I'll probably stick with the MGV, but my old back is still arguing with me over that one. If I keep MGV instead of going with leather in the BL, it prices out really close to a simlarly specced OBX, other than the OBX would have power leather seats. I feel like I'm getting better value with the BL, though, even with manual seats.

But that's just how I've worked my way through it. YMMV. Good luck choosing the one that fits you best!
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In your case I would stick the outerbanks. It will get you all the creature comforts you want and still provide the off-road capability you need.

Badlands IMO would be overkill unless you plan on getting into rock crawling or some serious offroading

FrankieBoy11

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your case I would stick the outerbanks. It will get you all the creature comforts you want and still provide the off-road capability you need.

Badlands IMO would be overkill unless you plan on getting into rock crawling or some serious offroading
I agree, I will be doing ZERO off roading. Not interested and dont even have the option to do so living in NYC. Nor do I wanna destroy my truck. For me the OB with Sasquatch gives you the best of both worlds.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the Outer Banks and added the auto 4 wheel drive that changes the rear gear to 4.27 and a locking rear diff. Not going to need more than that for a daily driver. I am hoping that the ride will be good and I know that I already love the leather seats I got to sit in a Outer Banks and the seats were soft and comfortable. As for the fender flares I plan on getting some in black (I went with Cactus Gray Paint) and switching them out, along with tires and tube doors for weekend fun at the sand dunes in Michigan. Then come Monday switch back for my daily driver. That's the whole concept of this cool ride that we are all waiting for! 🚙

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to somewhat retract my earlier statement after seeing both the Badlands and the OBX in person. I rode in Badlands at SCE. That was terrific. Then I was able to crawl all over the OBX at a local dealer event in Apex, NC. Honestly, they both look awesome. The OBX really had a much better presence in person than I had anticipated. And God help me, I actually liked the body-colored fender flares. I'd be perfectly happy with either and now I'm a little conflicted again, but still leaning toward the Badlands.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The question is - how much time will you spend driving on the highway. If it is most of your time, the OBX will be smoother, quieter and get better mileage.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the Outer Banks and added the auto 4 wheel drive that changes the rear gear to 4.27 and a locking rear diff. Not going to need more than that for a daily driver. I am hoping that the ride will be good and I know that I already love the leather seats I got to sit in a Outer Banks and the seats were soft and comfortable. As for the fender flares I plan on getting some in black (I went with Cactus Gray Paint) and switching them out, along with tires and tube doors for weekend fun at the sand dunes in Michigan. Then come Monday switch back for my daily driver. That's the whole concept of this cool ride that we are all waiting for! 🚙
You might try to have the fender flares wrapped in black before you replace them. A matte would go with the top and gloss would match up with the grille.
Sponsored