PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For anyone that cares... here are my results. Not exactly as I had hoped. But at least there isn't bare metal anymore. I went with Dr. Colorchip.

Ford Bronco Paint Chip Repair Tips? 1638480918109

Ford Bronco Paint Chip Repair Tips? 1638480936570
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Years ago, I used something called the Langka system to help with chip repairs. You still use the factory touch-up paint but use the system to help level the paint with the rest of the vehicle.

http://www.langka.com
I was just researching this subject myself, in anticipation of trading in my truck for the Bronco.

The Langka Blob leveler product has great reviews in assisting in making the repair much less visible, as you said, by making the repair level as the surrounding paint (similar optics is key).

From what I understand, that Langka magic doesnt work so well with metallic coatings though. With those you need the paint to remain a little lower than surrounding, to leave room for touchup clear coat.

I've also heard that light sanding/polishing metallic touch ups can help expose the flake.... So I'm considering metallic touchup, then the Langka leveller, followed by some precision wet sanding.... Which should leave a level & similarly flaked surface for the clear coat.

Will be trial and error.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just researching this subject myself, in anticipation of trading in my truck for the Bronco.

The Langka Blob leveler product has great reviews in assisting in making the repair much less visible, as you said, by making the repair level as the surrounding paint (similar optics is key).

From what I understand, that Langka magic doesnt work so well with metallic coatings though. With those you need the paint to remain a little lower than surrounding, to leave room for touchup clear coat.

I've also heard that light sanding/polishing metallic touch ups can help expose the flake.... So I'm considering metallic touchup, then the Langka leveller, followed by some precision wet sanding.... Which should leave a level & similarly flaked surface for the clear coat.

Will be trial and error.
I had a silver metallic Silverado and the touch-up on it was much more difficult than a straight color. Better than no attempt at all though.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old thread. But seeing if anyone has any tips or recommendations for paint chip repair? I saw that dr color but the results seem hit or miss.

I’ve got Cyber Orange tri coat so it may be impossible to get match.

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use a single bristle of a paint brush with touch up paint and go slow, less is more

Sponsored
OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old thread. But seeing if anyone has any tips or recommendations for paint chip repair? I saw that dr color but the results seem hit or miss.

I’ve got Cyber Orange tri coat so it may be impossible to get match.
Fwiw, I don't even notice it anymore. Have to actually look for it to see it.

That was with Dr colorchip.

Mojo31

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Use a toothpick to fill the chip with paint rather than the brush or pen tip. It's easier to control how much paint goes in. Try to get the chip to the same level as the surrounding paint, and then polish to blend.

You'll never get it perfect.
Sponsored