Sponsored

Paint code for Raptor fenders and rear door trim?

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any one know what this is? they used to come from Ford as painted but with the addition of body color painted fenders, they now have to be paint to match. Our body shop can't find any info, parts dept the same. According to Ford it's a secondary color but they don't tell me anywhere what this color is
Sponsored

Zeekari

Black Diamond
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any one know what this is? they used to come from Ford as painted but with the addition of body color painted fenders, they now have to be paint to match. Our body shop can't find any info, parts dept the same. According to Ford it's a secondary color but they don't tell me anywhere what this color is
Paint codes are usually on the inside of the door sticker. It will say ext pnt or something like that and have a letter and number sequence that will be your paint code

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Send me your VIN, or just say what color you have.

OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The door trim sticker only lists the interior and exterior main paint codes. Mine is Iconic Silver. I believe it’s JS, but all Raptors have the same color fenders and the trim that runs along the rear doors

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The door trim sticker only lists the interior and exterior main paint codes. Mine is Iconic Silver. I believe it’s JS, but all Raptors have the same color fenders and the trim that runs along the rear doors
Raptors either have painted body color flares, or standard black plastic flares that aren’t painted. There are no other paint code options or colors.
They are also not the same part number. There is a part number for paint to match flares, and a part number for regular black plastic flares.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can still option to get the black ones when ordering a 24MY.
Why not just buy those and not deal with painting them?

OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptors either have painted body color flares, or standard black plastic flares that aren’t painted. There are no other paint code options or colors.
They are also not the same part number. There is a part number for paint to match flares, and a part number for regular black plastic flares.
Ducati, they used to be available like that. Now the black ones are superseded by the paint to match ones. The pre painted or molded black ones aren’t available anymore. At least according to my parts department. Do you show that they still are? Do you have a part number? What I’m looking for is the drivers rear door molding, that mates up to the fender trim, but it’s on the rear door.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ducati, they used to be available like that. Now the black ones are superseded by the paint to match ones. The pre painted or molded black ones aren’t available anymore. At least according to my parts department. Do you show that they still are? Do you have a part number? What I’m looking for is the drivers rear door molding, that mates up to the fender trim, but it’s on the rear door.
I see what you mean after looking it up in the catalog.
Either way, there is no paint code for standard black plastic flares or the door molding if it didn't come painted from the factory that I'm aware of.
So I would assume you would just order the new paint to match part number, but then just not paint it. I can't see what that part looks like, so I don't know if it'll still match the same unpainted molding or not.
@flip any ideas on this?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see what you mean after looking it up in the catalog.
Either way, there is no paint code for standard black plastic flares or the door molding if it didn't come painted from the factory that I'm aware of.
So I would assume you would just order the new paint to match part number, but then just not paint it. I can't see what that part looks like, so I don't know if it'll still match the same unpainted molding or not.
@flip any ideas on this?
We ran into this with a wholesale customer on a F150, found the email and it was a 2023 F150 raptor, rear bumper 17906 basic, but finished the conversation via phone so no text to reference. Ended up opening a case with Ford and ultimately Ford Performance who told us carbonized grey or something like that but the body shop didn't trust so they ended up scanning the old one and doing some spray outs. I think they were also going to spray a wheel and wanted that paint code too which was also a dead end.

It's probably going to be black onyx and I'm not sure Ford has a code for that since it's matte'ish. I'd try calling Ford Performance first then scanning and matching off an old one. If this does get figured out, even if by scan, I'd like to see the mix recipe to put in our paint mix database.

OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We ran into this with a wholesale customer on a F150, found the email and it was a 2023 F150 raptor, rear bumper 17906 basic, but finished the conversation via phone so no text to reference. Ended up opening a case with Ford and ultimately Ford Performance who told us carbonized grey or something like that but the body shop didn't trust so they ended up scanning the old one and doing some spray outs. I think they were also going to spray a wheel and wanted that paint code too which was also a dead end.

It's probably going to be black onyx and I'm not sure Ford has a code for that since it's matte'ish. I'd try calling Ford Performance first then scanning and matching off an old one. If this does get figured out, even if by scan, I'd like to see the mix recipe to put in our paint mix database.
I’ll for sure keep you updated. Our body did a scan yesterday and he’s going to spray some different patches and see which one is closer. It is a matte finish but has metal flake in the black, so that’s what I’m guessing is the hard part. Seems someone, somewhere at Ford is painting these and why Ford just can’t call that plant and say Hey what is the color of that paint, is beyond me. Or at least have that data for body shops.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Does the Black Onyx have a metal flake to it? That’s what our painted had thought it would be first, but scanned it just to make sure.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Black Onyx have a metal flake to it? That’s what our painted had thought it would be first, but scanned it just to make sure.
Have you tried looking it up under paint in HVBOM? I tried 3 different VINs and get a load error so it's probably down. Also just did a chat with ford performance and was told to call 800-367-3788 and they might be able to get the info.

I don't think onyx or sinister have a code associated with them so I can't say if they put metallic in when done at the factory.

OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you tried looking it up under paint in HVBOM? I tried 3 different VINs and get a load error so it's probably down. Also just did a chat with ford performance and was told to call 800-367-3788 and they might be able to get the info.

I don't think onyx or sinister have a code associated with them so I can't say if they put metallic in when done at the factory.
I’ve not tried HVBOM, I will once I get back into work, at lunch, and I’ll try that number too. I’m not suprised the website is having issues, always does. I’ll keep you updated

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well I found it. According to HVBOM it is…..

Phoenix Black! There’s actually 3 black paints on the Raptors. Well 4 of the base is black.
Sponsored