Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco Sport, 2008 GT350R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good Afternoon,

Just purchased a two door Heritage Edition in Race Red and I am wondering if anybody has painted the flares White ( or Red). I know there is some non-heritage that have painted flares ( non OBX). Just looking for some pics and advice? The flares on the Heritage Edition are squared off a bit as well.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I don't think anybody has painted the HE flares yet, a few have painted regular flares white. Do a search and you can find a few examples. Warning, white flares sound good in theory but don't really work well in reality. Maybe one a lighter colored Bronco but on darker colors it is to much contrast. YMMV

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Warning, white flares sound good in theory but don't really work well in reality. Maybe one a lighter colored Bronco but on darker colors it is to much contrast. YMMV
I disagree with your opinion. He has photos of the actual Bronco he wants to do it to and his avatar shows an older one with the same color scheme, except for white flares. His will look great in white.

Since flares are easy enough to remove, it shouldn't be a big task for a professional painter to turn them white.

Sponsored

Carnutdallas

Heritage
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Plaid, Duramax Suburban, Ferrari F355
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
They are textured and very hard to paint smooth white - the best look in my opinion. You can paint them and still have the texture. Will get you the “look” but not ideal smooth finish. To do that will take some work and may not be the greatest in longevity. Can be sanded, filled and smoothed. Thought about it on my Cactus Gray. Would look great in body color or white. I always like the painted door handles and flares on OBX.

I own a collision center so painting not an issue for me to do, but the work, longevity of final outcome (rock chips, etc) is my concern. Starting with a set of OBX, easy peasy, but they don’t fit Heritage profile…. Smoothing, priming and making the factory flares paintable - tough! Could maybe Armor Coat? That does not have the best UV resilience. I think that would age poorly too….:

In conclusion, can be done, not easy, not cost effective. Need a smooth set to start with and that would be a piece of cake. A manufactured set, ready to paint or already Oxford White (?) is best option.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Painted 2 -door Heritage Edition flares heritage white fender flares

I made a mocked up version of what it might look like with the fender flares painted white. Looks pretty good to me with the white flares.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Either way paint 'em. White top with black flares looks a little off.

White looks good with the top and wheels.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is very good looking bronco. I didn’t think the white flairs would look good but after seeing the mockup I’ve gota agree. How about a wrap? Is that a Sasquatch?

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a 4dr HE on FB with white flares. Pretty gross looking. I'll see if I can find the pic.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That is very good looking bronco. I didn’t think the white flairs would look good but after seeing the mockup I’ve gota agree. How about a wrap? Is that a Sasquatch?
Yes, Heritage Edition is a Sasquatch…

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw a 4dr HE on FB with white flares. Pretty gross looking. I'll see if I can find the pic.
Just to be clear, it was only the flares that triggered the reaction? IMO, the flares have nothing to do with the visceral reaction. 😜

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1659113759827-gif.gif

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear, it was only the flares that triggered the reaction? IMO, the flares have nothing to do with the visceral reaction. 😜
Hmm about that... 😆 The extra doors didn't help but the flares would have looked just as bad on a 2dr. Leave the white flares to early Broncos.
Sponsored