DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice Job. I was going to say in a different thread, I learned Fire sells steel flair and that it might be easier to do those but yours look awesome.

Sponsored

Buck N Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That turned out great! Food for thought for my Heritage clone, although I'm digging the body color flares. If I wrap my flares white instead, I'll probably also run a stripe on the lower body to connect them

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So Lance,

you stated in your original post that you purchased this vehicle.... All the pics you show appear to be at a dealers body shop and now you show picks of the finished product sitting in a dealer show room with no plates.....

Appears to me this has been an exercise in measuring the temperature of the room....

Let me guess... It is for sale..... No big deal just would have been nice if you were up front about it.

and for what it is worth... the Bronco script on there twice.... Not a good look.... NO manufacturer would ever do that. Makes the "sport" version look tacked on....

remove the heritage stripe/script decal and replace with a limited stripe decal.... It is the little things.

I also agree with Buck N Bronc a white stripe along the rocker would allow the color to flow better... "connecting" the flairs.

Also... if you want over the top.... get a set of the limited wheel center caps.... Black center on the white wheel would really set it apart. I do not know if those would "attach to those wheels or not, but I would think they would.... Easy to try, there are a set just a few feet away.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good job, Definitely carries out the retro look.
I grew up admiring 1st gen Broncos for what they were…. A better jeep competitor. I mean they came with bullet proof 9” rear diffs with limited slip or Detroit Lockers, stronger axles and better front diffs than the Jeeps. To put big tires on them, everyone cut out the rear fenders, bought the rivet-on fiberglass flair kits in either black or white gellcoat.
Ford did a pretty good job of emulating the look , but in my opinion missed the mark with the perfectly round fender openings. I love the Heritage wheel openings and wish they all came that way. White grill, wheels and flairs? Not a huge fan, but I get it.
I believe the upper end (most sought after today) versions with v8 automatic and air conditioning had chrome (polished aluminum?) grilles and full chrome wheel covers . Most replaced those with chrome spoke wheels.

Unfortunately I never was able to afford a first gen Bronco as the prices just kept rising above what I could justify.
Now my kids are raised and I’m close to retirement so we ordered a 2024 Black Diamond a while back. I finally get my early Bronco…. Sort of.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford did a pretty good job of emulating the look , but in my opinion missed the mark with the perfectly round fender openings. I love the Heritage wheel openings and wish they all came that way.
And I love the perfectly round fender flares that my Bronco came with. If you like square ones, get a GMC truck. :rolleyes:

Better round, like this:
TbzThlv.jpg

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Lance,

you stated in your original post that you purchased this vehicle.... All the pics you show appear to be at a dealers body shop and now you show picks of the finished product sitting in a dealer show room with no plates.....

Appears to me this has been an exercise in measuring the temperature of the room....

Let me guess... It is for sale..... No big deal just would have been nice if you were up front about it.

and for what it is worth... the Bronco script on there twice.... Not a good look.... NO manufacturer would ever do that. Makes the "sport" version look tacked on....

remove the heritage stripe/script decal and replace with a limited stripe decal.... It is the little things.

I also agree with Buck N Bronc a white stripe along the rocker would allow the color to flow better... "connecting" the flairs.

Also... if you want over the top.... get a set of the limited wheel center caps.... Black center on the white wheel would really set it apart. I do not know if those would "attach to those wheels or not, but I would think they would.... Easy to try, there are a set just a few feet away.
White flairs for an extra $10k ADM. I can see the dealer on the red ones license plate frame. Went to their website. I didn’t see the red one on their site, but the blue one in the background was was still there for a low $90k.

IMG_9154.png

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I love the perfectly round fender flares that my Bronco came with. If you like square ones, get a GMC truck. :rolleyes:
To each their own. You’re obviously not a first gen Bronco fan, which is fine. GM trucks in the early 70’s had round fenders btw. First gen Blazer included.