Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From the service manual:

The universal transmitter and LH vanity mirror lamp are part of the LH sun visor and share the same power and ground circuits.

They are on the Battery Saver Relay so in theory they do lose power after 30 minutes according to that but also it defines when the 30 minutes resets and a door opening is one trigger for them to come back on so a break in wouldn't help you there. To rewire it to a keyed source would involve wiring it all the way back to a source elsewhere, it is spliced into the harness that feeds the overhead console for power and I don't think anything else is switched.

The closest thing would be the Upfitter which is on the Accessory Delay Relay and would have power after keying off for up to 10 minutes or the door is opened, whichever comes first. After that it would no longer have power until keyed up again.

I've attached diagrams below.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

But a door opening with the alarm armed would set off the alarm.

Thanks for posting!

If this is the way its wired from the factory. Iā€™ll just leave it as is and swap the visors.

I havent started looking to see how the visor is removed. Are there istructions in the FSM for that process?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So for the power off security minded, if you have a Genie garage door opener clipped to your visor instead, it works when the car is turned off too.

So the Lux visor fix would be the same or better security and visually be cleaner.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for the power off security minded, if you have a Genie garage door opener clipped to your visor instead, it works when the car is turned off too.

So the Lux visor fix would be the same or better security and visually be cleaner.
Yes, I agree. However, I ordered the soft top so Iā€™m torn about locking it as I donā€™t want the top cut and also concerned when I have the top off. Frankly, this is another obvious miss by Ford IMHO. The home link feature should be standard on all trims and only powered when the vehicle is on or at least the electronics have power. It is a convertible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It can't really be that simple for all of us to get homelink without lux, can it?
I think it really is that simple. I have the visor on order. As soon as it arrives, Iā€™ll get to work installing it and post here

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it really is that simple. I have the visor on order. As soon as it arrives, Iā€™ll get to work installing it and post here
Just figure out the 2 USB ports on the dash and I'll have everything I wanted.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I think a lot of us will be watching...since they don't off this as a separate option, I wonder if the connections will be there like you hope.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this price range it should have been standard on all trims!! ......so Ford has another total miss and now we have to pay $330 for a garage opener?

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this price range it should have been standard on all trims!! ......so Ford has another total miss and now we have to pay $330 for a garage opener?
And really, it would have been much less to add the remote into the all the visors. The remote itself is about $150 on Amazon. Iā€™m sure ford gets a nice bulk-unit rate for equipping mass vehicles. They locked it into the Lux package for one reason only, profit. They want people to option the highest package. I would argue, wireless charger (even though it isnā€™t very good) should be an available option across all models too since wireless CarPlay/AA is standard. What is the point of wireless CarPlay/AA if you have to plug in to charge?

I wanted homelink along with heated wheel, wireless charger and dash mount USB but didnā€™t want Adaptive CC or ā€œup-levelā€ sound system. So, I didnā€™t bite.

Iā€™ve added the remote to other visors in previous vehicles but those were cloth visors that could cleanly be taken apart and put back together. This visor is a soft plastic type of material with the two halves molded together.

I have been using HomeKit functionality to open my garage door via CarPlay but my HomeKit adapter for my door isnā€™t reliable. Itā€™s constantly disconnecting from my router and would be useless if I didnā€™t have it plugged into a Wyze smart plug that I can remotely power cycle to get the adapter back online. Iā€™d rather pay the $330 and be done with it.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get a Homelink transmitter from the junkyard and put it wherever you want. It's just a "dumb" remote control that only needs power.

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope the wires in there!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, I agree. However, I ordered the soft top so Iā€™m torn about locking it as I donā€™t want the top cut and also concerned when I have the top off. Frankly, this is another obvious miss by Ford IMHO. The home link feature should be standard on all trims and only powered when the vehicle is on or at least the electronics have power. It is a convertible.
I mean theoretically they could rip the visor out, drive to your house and push the button while temporarily connected to a 12v power source.

At least with the homelink it is more of a pain in the ass šŸ˜‚

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

watching thread to see what this Lux visor looks like and costs..
Sponsored