Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for a replacement part number for the plastic pieces that secure the vinyl strap to the trunk bed flap that lifts up for storage + access to the scissor jack. I lifted mine yesterday, and it snapped apart without any resistance. Wondering if I somehow broke it on my last trip or if the recent heat just weakened the plastic tab enough that it snapped off. Does not look very strong or rigid now that itā€™s apart šŸ˜…

Ford Bronco [Part Number Help] Trunk floor strap broken IMG_4640

Ford Bronco [Part Number Help] Trunk floor strap broken IMG_4634

Ford Bronco [Part Number Help] Trunk floor strap broken IMG_4635
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Canā€™t get it separately unfortunately. Comes as the whole thing. Everything with the yellow square in this picture. Part number is M2DZ-7813046-B

Ford Bronco [Part Number Help] Trunk floor strap broken IMG_1689

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that really sucks @Ducati1098 as I know that thing is bound to break on mine at any day now. Wonder how well some gorilla glue will hold the strap once it rips off?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, that really sucks @Ducati1098 as I know that thing is bound to break on mine at any day now. Wonder how well some gorilla glue will hold the strap once it rips off?
Hard to say. Iā€™d try anything to fix it though especially considering the price of that whole part. Looks like north of $500 šŸ˜±

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt gorilla glue will cut it. Iā€™d be better off hacking up some other sort of dowel or something and stapling it to the strap, but itā€™s still a pretty poor design to begin with.

$500 for a fiberglass floorā€¦ might as well go with Goose or AAL for that price and never worry about it again šŸ˜…

Thanks for the parts check @Ducati1098 !

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine broke a while back because I set a cooler there. I just have a hole there now and itā€™s been fine.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used super glue to hold the pieces together after my dog stepped on it while I was trying to get under there. It's stronger now than before it broke.

Don't worry about the clips that broke. Super glue the plastic guides on each side that slide onto each other.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used super glue to hold the pieces together after my dog stepped on it while I was trying to get under there. It's stronger now than before it broke.

Don't worry about the clips that broke. Super glue the plastic guides on each side that slide onto each other.
The clips didnā€™t break. The only thing that broke is the little handle that connects to the strap itself. So Iā€™ll probably try adding a wooden dowel and gorilla glueing the strap to it.

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The clips didnā€™t break. The only thing that broke is the little handle that connects to the strap itself. So Iā€™ll probably try adding a wooden dowel and gorilla glueing the strap to it.
The dowel on mine must've snapped and I didn't notice.

The spot where it's sown to itself is thick enough to hold it in on mine. Maybe they made the slot skinnier on 23's?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Piss poor design. My clips broke, but I glued the two larger pieces together. Guess Iā€™ll sit back and wait for the strap clip to snap off next.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Metal plate on the back, drill a hole on 4 corners through the top plastic and bottom metal and pop rivet that sucker
Sponsored