First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like your rear window hinge cover is warped too....

Not saying it should be happening, but it 100% looks like you're getting that thing in some serious heat somehow and melting it.

As for the honeycomb, that's pretty much normal.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wiper cowl is severely warped too. Don’t need to lift hood to tell you can see it just looking at it. If you figure out how to take the severe heat out of Texas let me know.

Our Broncos in August

F4FBA1AD-2004-42A5-BBB4-CF08EAFF0C85.jpeg

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the plastics on the Bronco are just really low quality. I’m not just talking outside either. The inside is a scratch magnet. Hopefully if there is enough warranty issues they will step their game up some.

All that being said I have not had any of the issues but I’m only a month into ownership. This summer in the south should flesh out any issues with heat.

Sponsored

Torx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend 2DR, '21 JL and 7 other projects
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cowl may not be due to heat, mine did it just 2 weeks after purchase. Took it to carmax to see what they'd offer. A few days later I was washing it and noticed the cowl was damaged. They were the first ones to open the hood. I still need to have it fixed, haven't gone to the dealer yet. It will catch and pull up with the hood if not pushed down first.
Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty 20220510_172742

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cowl may not be due to heat, mine did it just 2 weeks after purchase. Took it to carmax to see what they'd offer. A few days later I was washing it and noticed the cowl was damaged. They were the first ones to open the hood. I still need to have it fixed, haven't gone to the dealer yet. It will catch and pull up with the hood if not pushed down first.
Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty 20220510_172742
This is just unacceptable ... Toyota would never have this happen to there plastics.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford said talk to the dealer. Essentially, the dealer has to say warranty or not. Hoping for good results before i blast
Dealers do NOT decide warranty claims. Dealers submit pictures of problem areas, vin # and mileage to Ford and they decide if it will be warrantied. Dealership is just the middleman/messenger!

OP
OP

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers do NOT decide warranty claims. Dealers submit pictures of problem areas, vin # and mileage to Ford and they decide if it will be warrantied. Dealership is just the middleman/messenger!
Well, they decide something…. Because they chose not to submit as a warranty claim.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have two pieces of plastic on two completely different places on the car. Manufactured by completely different suppliers and probably not the same type of plastic. There has to be something environmental going on. Like that skyscraper in London that had a concave shape and was acting like a giant magnifying glass and melting cars.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, they decide something…. Because they chose not to submit as a warranty claim.
Did they say anything about Digital Imaging denying the claim? If they aren't on DI, it's 100% the dealers call. Since some of this stuff is expensive, I might have an advisor open a technical assistance case with Ford, take some pics and see what they say or try to get my field service engineer out to inspect. Neither of the two options will guarantee the dealer is going to get paid if they replace under warranty, but it will help since they have access to information, maybe similar issues, we don't.

I'd say likely a intensified solar reflection but it would have to be from how it was parked or at multiple angles to get the mirror cap and rear hinge cover and top.

The cowl trim is loose on every one of these I've seen. As stated above, plastic supplier or recipe has changed and super prone to scratching and breaking even using the correct removal procedures and tools. This is some of the crappiest plastic I've seen on any Ford vehicle and not sure if it's a "green" thing, cheaper recipe or supplier induced but it's not cool.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s not accurate at all. Warranty coverage is determined by the dealer. Also we don’t submit any pictures to Ford, except for rare instances where prior approval is needed.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s not accurate at all. Warranty coverage is determined by the dealer. Also we don’t submit any pictures to Ford, except for rare instances where prior approval is needed.
I can tell you every single warranty claim ran through my dealership is 100% on Ford to approve or deny. We digital imagine everything and send directly to Ford. It’s not a dealership call. Ford Motor Company is the one who warranties their products, NOT the dealership.

Dealerships are like Best Buy and Walmart that sell Vizio TV’s. You don’t file warranty claim to Best Buy or Walmart but to Vizio itself. Vizio will either repair/replace or say sorry bud it’s not covered!

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ck-Warranty-version-2_frdwa_EN-US_12_2019.pdf
Sponsored