Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was okay with the MIC gray being lighter than the fender flares based on past photos, but the top in these images appears much lighter than the other recent photos I've seen. Hoping it's just a trick of the light, because I don't see a lighter gray like this working with Cyber Orange.

Google the difference between sport and Baja mode. Baja mode is the beast mode. That comes on the badlands making sport somewhat irrelevant in my opinion. The only thing that it loses vs sport mode is the steering isn’t as direct.
Could you post a link to what you're referencing? Most breakdowns of GOAT modes I've found actually trace back to a chart someone made and posted on these forums. And everything I've seen that compares all the modes has been essentially a best-guess with no official information to back it up. If you've found something more official, I'd love to see it.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going to spitball here, but because it's not difficult at all to restore faded black plastic here in 2020 (imagine what's possible in 2021 or 2022 when these reach customers!).

At this point in human history, if you can't restore faded black plastic in mere moments with a chemical then the failure is on you, nobody else.

Oh wow, $15 and enough product to restore the faded fenders on about 100 JEEP's. Yet somehow their owners couldn't figure it out.....

Solution Finish black plastic trim restorer
Curious about this since you seem to have some experience with it. Would using the Solution Finish black dye darken a brand new "grey" MIC roof at all?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Curious about this since you seem to have some experience with it. Would using the Solution Finish black dye darken a brand new "grey" MIC roof at all?
Unfortunately it won't work for that.

I tested this with the rear bumper off a buddy's 2012 Acura RDX which was a lighter gray plastic(sort of close to the MIC carbon gray in Bronco) and it did nothing to darken the plastic. We used the jack-point vanity cover as our test piece. It moisturized the plastic and penetrated, but it will not physically color the plastic.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately it won't work for that.

I tested this with the rear bumper off a buddy's 2012 Acura RDX which was a lighter gray plastic(sort of close to the MIC carbon gray in Bronco) and it did nothing to darken the plastic. We used the jack-point vanity cover as our test piece. It moisturized the plastic and penetrated, but it will not physically color the plastic.
Dang. Was hoping an ounce of this stuff would save the gallons of tears about the colour.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was okay with the MIC gray being lighter than the fender flares based on past photos, but the top in these images appears much lighter than the other recent photos I've seen. Hoping it's just a trick of the light, because I don't see a lighter gray like this working with Cyber Orange.

Could you post a link to what you're referencing? Most breakdowns of GOAT modes I've found actually trace back to a chart someone made and posted on these forums. And everything I've seen that compares all the modes has been essentially a best-guess with no official information to back it up. If you've found something more official, I'd love to see it.
I am tech challenged and don’t know how to post a link. Found the article on google,,,jalopnik article from 2017 that explains the different modes in relationship to the Ford Raptor. Just google difference between ford sport and Baja mode and it should pop up. The article was informative.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am tech challenged and don’t know how to post a link. Found the article on google,,,jalopnik article from 2017 that explains the different modes in relationship to the Ford Raptor. Just google difference between ford sport and Baja mode and it should pop up. The article was informative.
Ah. Thanks. Found it: https://jalopnik.com/what-2017-ford-raptors-off-road-modes-really-do-an-exp-1789712036
That's for the Raptor, so the exact details may be different with more modes, but there should be a lot of similarities. I am curious if there will be different steering settings with the Bronco (I really like this on my wife's GLC). Also still don't understand why there's no Sport mode on Badlands...
Sponsored