Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you definitely need to re-aim your lights!

this guide from advance auto might help
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/r/car-projects/how-to-aim-and-adjust-headlights
Well in all honesty, I had to replace the aftermarket with a different set. And haven’t been flashed but I also haven’t driven much at night since the new ones have been in. But the new ones are adjusted to match factory. Time will tell, but most of the people that flashed before were cars that were low to the ground so I can see why they would think I had the highs on.
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Y’all are missing the obvious: beware It’s a gang initiation!! Geraldo told me all about this back in the 90’s. And he knows about sh!t like this!

If you flash your lights back at them, then they will be forced by their gang lords to follow you home and tepee your house or some other such nonsense as a symbol of their loyalty to the gang.

But seriously folks…..prob not you but for completeness since this thread seems to have evolved into “things (other than gang bangers) that make people flash their brights at you”: towing a trailer or having some other heavy load in the back can make your headlights brighter.

Well, not actually brighter - changes the focal point so they appear brighter by pointing the nose up a few inches higher. You get the picture.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is totally stock and I get it all the time. They are adjusted perfectly. They are pretty bright especially when on newer side when the lens are crystal clear. But I notice it’s usually from drivers I encounter on darke road with no other traffic.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
same here but i need to adjust. i have signature lights from ebay they were probably from a non-sas bronco

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the regular headlights and drove it for the first time at night a couple days ago and noticed right away the Bronco headlights are really over powered by lights of oncoming traffic to a point it’s hard to see the road in front of me. They are definitely not nearly as bright as my Mazda CX5 headlights.

I was honestly shocked that they were not brighter, nobody flashed their lights at me because they thought they were too bright.

Are the signature bulbs brighter than the non-sig bulbs?

Sponsored

Chaddy

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport 3.5L, 2012 Raptor 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get it all the time, there are lots of Broncos around and I can tell every time one is coming because the lights are really bright on all of them. Lol it’s the new LED lights, on any model vehicle at certain angles they seem very bright. People just have to get used to the newer brighter lights.

Last edited:

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Y’all are missing the obvious: beware It’s a gang initiation!! Geraldo told me all about this back in the 90’s. And he knows about sh!t like this!

If you flash your lights back at them, then they will be forced by their gang lords to follow you home and tepee your house or some other such nonsense as a symbol of their loyalty to the gang.

But seriously folks…..prob not you but for completeness since this thread seems to have evolved into “things (other than gang bangers) that make people flash their brights at you”: towing a trailer or having some other heavy load in the back can make your headlights brighter.

Well, not actually brighter - changes the focal point so they appear brighter by pointing the nose up a few inches higher. You get the picture.
a while back the I-10 had a rash of gun violence road rage that kicked that off.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is totally stock and I get it all the time. They are adjusted perfectly. They are pretty bright especially when on newer side when the lens are crystal clear. But I notice it’s usually from drivers I encounter on darke road with no other traffic.
i've had several vehicles improperly adjusted from the factory.
(usually pointed too far down)

Noconer

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 16 Stingray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone else get this a lot? I constantly have people flashing their brights at me because they think mine are on, so then I flash mine on. Are the Bronco lights just that bright????
That was me. I always flash my lights at other Broncos to say hi. Day or night. But none of y’all ever flash back or wave. What’s up with that!?

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was me. I always flash my lights at other Broncos to say hi. Day or night. But none of y’all ever flash back or wave. What’s up with that!?
I wave if it looks like they've done any modifications to it. Otherwise I get ignored.

Sponsored

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No to being flashed here but I readjusted after installing the front level kit.
Be sure to adjust not only the vertical but the left/right also so they are not shinning over into the next lane more than they should be .
I was in the same boat, had the dealership install the zone level kit and didn't realize they didn't adjust the headlights. Took about 5 mins and now no one bothers me

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get flashed occasionally when I'm on remote highways with no lights in sight, particularly if there's an older vehicle with halogen lights ahead of or behind me because it looks like I have my brights on in comparison. I usually just flash them back and they get the idea. If that doesn't work I flash the bunny burners and they generally submit to my lumen superiority. Sometimes I get flashed for no reason by other auto high beams having seizures like mine does if there are street lights or signs confusing it.

If you put any weight on the rear of your Bronco like a rear bumper or carrier or whatever, chances are your headlights are out of alignment and you need to give it a few clicks of down elevation. Same goes for any suspension mods. Do your adjustments with a full tank and whatever else you expect to have in the back of the Bronco, so that the headlights will only point further down in any other situation. You'll notice it a lot with trucks hauling trailers or lots of stuff in the bed, few people realize that making the truck squat at all from tongue weight will change headlight alignment considerably. They usually get a pass from me because it's not always practical to adjust your headlights every time you tow a trailer.

Alignment is easy to check, just find a long unused road or trail, whatever's convenient, cover a headlight, and play around with the other to see where the cutoff is at. If you can't see the cutoff defined at any point on a flat road, it's too high. Bring it down to where you're just able to clearly make out the cutoff on the road ahead and that'll keep the bulk of your light below the eyes of oncoming traffic. Repeat for the other side and match the two cutoffs. You'll notice that it's still a good distance out there, so you're not losing any appreciable illuminated distance with low beams, because lighting up the sky isn't going to help you see further. There will be some low vehicles that'll get blinded regardless, particularly if you're coming up from behind them or the road has curves or hills. Sucks, but it's not your fault they chose a car instead of a Bronco :cautious:

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get this occasionally driving any of my SUVs. I think its a combination of how crazy bright modern lamps are and how high SUV's and trucks sit compared to small cars. When I drive my Honda Accord at night I'm constantly blinded by the light.
This.
Sponsored