Sponsored

Percentage of People REFUSING Their Order?

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey! So, I know we are all in high gear, anticipation of waiting for our trucks to come in, but I’m wondering how many people have refused their orders once they’ve arrived at their dealerships, and will that percentage increase because of rising gas prices? I feel like at the rate things are moving, buying one that was refused may be the only way for some of us to get them in the foreseeable future. I’ve already told my salesperson to call me if anything remotely like I want hits their lot and I’ll be right down, but I’m sure tons of their other clients have as well…. I was leasing a truck as an “in between” truck until I got my Bronco, but the dealership just offered to get me out of my lease a year and a half early, and just walking away, so I did. It was a great deal, and I’m hedging my bet that MAYBE I’ll get my Bronco sooner rather than later. As for now, I have a convertible VW Beetle, but man, do I miss having the room (and girth!) of a truck! Fingers crossed for all of us, Friends! 🤞🏻🍀🤞🏻🍀
Sponsored

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very true! I’m just wondering on the probability hoping I can get one off the lot… Also, things change in peoples’ lives, so what may have been a good idea 18 months ago, may not work for them now - I almost bought a convertible Beetle years ago, but found out we were having a baby, so SUV city it was! Ha! Fifteen years later, I now have my little dream car, and once I get my Bronco, I’ll have the best of all worlds!🥰

TP1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was contacted by the dealer I placed my order from. Another customer walked away from their order that they have arriving next month and it was offered to me....salesperson then said that the dealer is charging 10K ADM on units that aren't ordered. Hard pass from me there.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very doubtful. The Bronco is not a practical vehicle, people purchase it with the heart.
People have already dealt with months or years of wait time to get it, their reservations messed up by Ford, having to reorder after reserving, dealership ADM, squeaky/rattling/delaminating tops, exploding engines, etc. Gas prices won't change much for the ones that have already ordered.
If this was a regular gas guzzling SUV (think Durango), gas prices might change potential owner minds but who waits over a year for a regular SUV after reserving it?
New Bronco orders might be affected but that won't help you get yours faster.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was contacted by the dealer I placed my order from. Another customer walked away from their order that they have arriving next month and it was offered to me....salesperson then said that the dealer is charging 10K ADM on units that aren't ordered. Hard pass from me there.
That's the kicker right there. A customer refusal gives the dealer a chance to add however much ADM he wants. From what I seen on cars.com there's not a dealer that doesn't add some ADM to the sticker. Good, or bad depends on how we preceive the practice.

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Expect to get bent over trying to buy a Bronco that was walked away from. Dealer will more than likely tack on 10-20k ADM

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I should have picked the over on the O/U line for gas threads.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Expect to get bent over trying to buy a Bronco that was walked away from. Dealer will more than likely tack on 10-20k ADM
Oh, I already totally know!😬

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will decide on the day of purchase.

If dealer honors the MSRP, no fuss, and assuming gas is not going any crazier.
I will complete the purchase.

If everything go the other way...
I will back out, get a Tesla Y performance as they are always MSRP, no dealer, no gas needed.

I'm not too discouraged by the wait . It gives more time to evaluate the situation.
Sponsored