Sponsored

Percentage of People REFUSING Their Order?

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did exactly what you are suggesting.
In July of 2021… the very first Bronco at my dealership was turned down by the number 1 reservation (7-13-20). The dealership went down the line emailing and phoning early reservations….

I was called and literally shot over to the dealership and bought it….
It was the very first shipped Bronco at my dealership.
When I got there, there was a crowd around it and I thought for sure I was late….

Guess what I wasn’t……
And, I paid ….. MSRP!!!! zero mark up… none…. (4 door Black Diamond SASQ 2.7 with 10 speed auto.. tow package Mid level soft top)

I even offered him 5K over MSRP right there….. He refused my offer…. I said “watch’s the catch???…Do I lose my spot when my order comes in ????” He assured me no…. Thus I went the reordered as a ‘22 model for my original reservation/order.

Ultimately he said I can trade in or sell outright when my original reservation comes in.

(Walnt Creek Ford …Shahram Tavakol)

Shahram )Bronco Rep for the dealership told me that Ford has instructed the dealerships to sell the rejected Bronco’s to Reservation customers for MSRP.

So all of this mis information about getting gouged is simply not true….

I am a living example that an order holder can buy a refused Bronco for MSRP.

So don’t give up!!!!
Not all dealerships are scum bags!!!
At least mine isn’t.

88ED4D26-C23D-4935-9D4D-9EA45FC6EF6E.jpeg

E8E5D90B-27D2-45C9-9FDF-AEF9AEB02D9A.jpeg
Thank you for the hope and I’m sooo happy for you!!!!🥰
Sponsored

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Exactly! This one was the opposite of everything I was looking for outside of the sasquatch package.
I have a feeling our time will come! I’ve been checking out other sites, forums and articles, and many report that people shy away from SUV’s during a time such as this, and people (maybe not our bunch!) will back out - it’s happened before and it’s bound to happen again. Given a few weeks of this, we may just see that very thing occur. Just to be totally transparent, we own a business in our town, so we do very little commuting. However, regardless of that fact, come hell or high water, I was, and am, getting one!😜

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! So, I know we are all in high gear, anticipation of waiting for our trucks to come in, but I’m wondering how many people have refused their orders once they’ve arrived at their dealerships, and will that percentage increase because of rising gas prices? I feel like at the rate things are moving, buying one that was refused may be the only way for some of us to get them in the foreseeable future. I’ve already told my salesperson to call me if anything remotely like I want hits their lot and I’ll be right down, but I’m sure tons of their other clients have as well…. I was leasing a truck as an “in between” truck until I got my Bronco, but the dealership just offered to get me out of my lease a year and a half early, and just walking away, so I did. It was a great deal, and I’m hedging my bet that MAYBE I’ll get my Bronco sooner rather than later. As for now, I have a convertible VW Beetle, but man, do I miss having the room (and girth!) of a truck! Fingers crossed for all of us, Friends! 🤞🏻🍀🤞🏻🍀
If you are looking for girth- the bronco is not it. Not any girthier, maybe even less than my Tacoma...it is still comfortable though.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are looking for girth- the bronco is not it. Not any girthier, maybe even less than my Tacoma...it is still comfortable though.
I think it will be just perfect for my small frame - I sat in the demo, and loved it! I’m going with the Sasquatch, too, so that will help! It’s absolutely bigger than my VW Convertible Beetle that I’m currently using, that’s for sure - most SUV’s are a step up from that little girl! Ha! Thank you for giving me a heads-up, though!😃

Sponsored

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it will be just perfect for my small frame - I sat in the demo, and loved it! I’m going with the Sasquatch, too, so that will help! It’s absolutely bigger than my VW Convertible Beetle that I’m currently using, that’s for sure - most SUV’s are a step up from that little girl! Ha! Thank you for giving me a heads-up, though!😃
I ordered the sasquatch badlands myself...

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Bronco is stuck in a chip hold for almost six weeks now. Yesterday I found out that my dealer just got another Bronco in that is almost identical to my build, right down to the color. (The only difference is the one they got in has tow and roof rails; while I ordered PPF, on board storage bags, and all weather mats). I'm sitting here hoping that whomever ordered that one is going to back out. Told my salesman that if they back out, I'll take it and he can keep my build when it gets delivered. One can hope!
Oh, I’m hoping for you!🤞🏻

Mustardbones

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley-Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife refused our order. We ordered in September 21. Built in December 21.
Arrived at dealer Jan 22. She wasn’t happy at all with the quality of the interior build.
it looked rushed and half assed. The seams on the seats were in even, leather was lumpy , a few trim pieces were crooked and the top piece above the front windshield was scratched.
I was like 8yr old me, Let’s Buy It !!!!!
She was like no, for 60k my order better be perfect…
So they sold it to someone else with a markup and we ordered another one.
Badlands ,sas, lux

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife refused our order. We ordered in September 21. Built in December 21.
Arrived at dealer Jan 22. She wasn’t happy at all with the quality of the interior build.
it looked rushed and half assed. The seams on the seats were in even, leather was lumpy , a few trim pieces were crooked and the top piece above the front windshield was scratched.
I was like 8yr old me, Let’s Buy It !!!!!
She was like no, for 60k my order better be perfect…
So they sold it to someone else with a markup and we ordered another one.
Badlands ,sas, lux
I would have SO been like you and just bought it! Ha!😁

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey! So, I know we are all in high gear, anticipation of waiting for our trucks to come in, but I’m wondering how many people have refused their orders once they’ve arrived at their dealerships, and will that percentage increase because of rising gas prices? I feel like at the rate things are moving, buying one that was refused may be the only way for some of us to get them in the foreseeable future. I’ve already told my salesperson to call me if anything remotely like I want hits their lot and I’ll be right down, but I’m sure tons of their other clients have as well…. I was leasing a truck as an “in between” truck until I got my Bronco, but the dealership just offered to get me out of my lease a year and a half early, and just walking away, so I did. It was a great deal, and I’m hedging my bet that MAYBE I’ll get my Bronco sooner rather than later. As for now, I have a convertible VW Beetle, but man, do I miss having the room (and girth!) of a truck! Fingers crossed for all of us, Friends! 🤞🏻🍀🤞🏻🍀
If you're refusing your 4 or 6 cylinder "SUV" because of the gas prices then you probably should not have bought an "SUV" in the 1st place. ADM, loss of job, divorce, pissed off at Ford or even just changed your mind, but gas prices really, you were buying and SUV

Sponsored

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will decide on the day of purchase.

If dealer honors the MSRP, no fuss, and assuming gas is not going any crazier.
I will complete the purchase.

If everything go the other way...
I will back out, get a Tesla Y performance as they are always MSRP, no dealer, no gas needed.

I'm not too discouraged by the wait . It gives more time to evaluate the situation.
you don’t know yet if your dealer is adding a mark up?! And model Y performance! Ahhhh. I have one. Love it. Great car. You won’t be disappointed.

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is coming from the same dealer where we bought our Mach-E GT in October. We ordered that the same day I originally ordered my Bronco in June. That dealer didn't charge any markups on the Mach-E so I'm holding out hope that they're just not charging markups on custom orders or that since I've already spent $60k with them in the last 6 months they're inclined not to screw me over. I've seen this dealer listing Broncos online but it looks like they're not customer cars/rejected orders but part of their allocation.

I want to say that if they do hit me with any markup I'm going to reject it and turn this forum loose on them. My wife is under the impression there's some dollar amount they could charge that wouldn't make any noticeable difference in the long run and I still get my Bronco. I don't agree just because I feel like anything extra is just saying you condone the behavior.

tcoughlan

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 (while waiting on my order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aeromech2284

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d venture to guess that a majority of reservation holders will not actually complete their Bronco purchase.
The sales manager at my dealer told me when I ordered that the take rate was between 55 and 60% on reservations to confirmed order. Who knows if that's true or not but I wouldn't be surprised.
Sponsored