First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I bought the Archetype BAM rail and am looking for a decent picatinny phone mount for it. I’ve been looking all over for one and can’t find anything. Anyone out there know of one?
Sponsored

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Phone mounts in the middle of the dashboard where they obscure the view... thanks but no thanks.

My suggestion is to get this
https://a.co/d/9CUHGsv

If you will be doing any off-roading throw away the provided clamp and buy a Rab X mount, which works great with this left hand mount

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Phone mounts in the middle of the dashboard where they obscure the view... thanks but no thanks.

My suggestion is to get this
https://a.co/d/9CUHGsv

If you will be doing any off-roading throw away the provided clamp and buy a Rab X mount, which works great with this left hand mount

Looks great! But I see one review that it could be bad if the air bag goes off?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great! But I see one review that it could be bad if the air bag goes off?
That is my review :D

But there.is an easy workaround that I described - mount it below the level of the dashboard. This makes it sit next to the steering wheel with plenty of clearance to not get in the way.

I use it with a Rab X mount bracket and it is great.

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

But there.is an easy workaround that I described - mount it below the level of the dashboard. This makes it sit next to the steering wheel with plenty of clearance to not get in the way.

Pic?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Would love to see some photos👍

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Traveling now, can post something when I get home in a few days. But it is pretty easy to see. If you look at the images on Amazon there are two threaded holes. The lower one, evi j I have circled, is where you want to screw in the ball and then you want the arm to extend horizontally, which places the phone at the level of the vent.

Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? Screenshot_20230521_164014_Amazon Shoppin

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Traveling now, can post something when I get home in a few days. But it is pretty easy to see. If you look at the images on Amazon there are two threaded holes. The lower one, evi j I have circled, is where you want to screw in the ball and then you want the arm to extend horizontally, which places the phone at the level of the vent.

Screenshot_20230521_164014_Amazon Shopping.jpg
That's the one I got. I love it. Very sturdy and it doesn't obstruct my view.
Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? Three (3)

Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? Three (2)

Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? Three (1)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I bought the Archetype BAM rail and am looking for a decent picatinny phone mount for it. I’ve been looking all over for one and can’t find anything. Anyone out there know of one?
I’m about to get the same high quality rail, so maybe not cheap out on the device holders. I’m getting the 67 Designs MagSafe mount and the plate that goes inside of my iPhone case. Will get another phone holder and a GoPro mount as well.

What I’m not clear on is the ball that fits into the rail. Do I get the one from Archetype or the 67 Designs? Will order in early June, so doing some research now.

If you plan to go off-road, you want a quality solution so nothing goes flying. Would like a spot for my GMRS receiver as well, so thinking through all of these since I don’t want to block the windshield too much. Will use the arms to articulate down and away.

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m about to get the same high quality rail, so maybe not cheap out on the device holders. I’m getting the 67 Designs MagSafe mount and the plate that goes inside of my iPhone case. Will get another phone holder and a GoPro mount as well.

What I’m not clear on is the ball that fits into the rail. Do I get the one from Archetype or the 67 Designs? Will order in early June, so doing some research now.

If you plan to go off-road, you want a quality solution so nothing goes flying. Would like a spot for my GMRS receiver as well, so thinking through all of these since I don’t want to block the windshield too much. Will use the arms to articulate down and away.

I got the Mountains 2 Metal basket and a magnetic mic mount, so when I use my GMRS, the mic is up by the roof, and the base of the radio is mounted under the dash, above the glove box.
I had a cheaper rail and modded up a MagSafe mount to it, but it blocked the lower half of the windshield. Not too bad, but irritating enough to make me want to change it.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to see some photos👍
Here is how I mounted mine. It is low enough to (hopefully) be out of the path of the airbag and far enough from the steering wheel to not interfere. I use a Ram X-Grip that I had purchased previously.

Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? GG_AGC8.4_v9_a1_20230523_165630750
Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? GG_AGC8.4_v9_a1_20230523_165655012
Ford Bronco Picatinny phone mount options? GG_AGC8.4_v9_a1_20230523_165718763
Sponsored