First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BroncoDymond88 that Apple charging puck magnet strong enough to hold the phone when you're driving around? Pretty neat!

I LOVE the wireless CarPlay. I would like somewhere more convenient to store the phone and charge it when I am driving around.

I would also think that mount on the left might get in the way of one of the airbags. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I find that 90% of people that mount their phones like this are terrible drivers …. I don’t understand why one needs the phone there to drive

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so i have a question. with wireless car play what is the need for a phone mount?
Yeah I just stick mine in the tray in front of the shifter.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
in 5 months so far i haven't had 1 issue with car play in the bronco. wirelessly connects every time, <knock on wood>. The car play in my challenger is horrible it requires you to connect to the phone and then like 3% of the time actually works. but yes i do get the need now.

Last edited:

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh nice. I’m all about the 1”ball mount. $335 hurts though.
whose got a good thread or links, on a dash rail using ram X ball?

Sponsored

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so i have a question. with wireless car play what is the need for a phone mount?
I had the same question a few weeks back. Learned at Off-Roadeo that a lot of trail appsare not compatible with CarPlay, so having the option of a dash mount for your phone is invaluable.

Ford’s own new off-road app includes a feature that enables your phone camera and records your trail adventure while also superimposing the vehicle stats on the screen, like pitch, speed, gear, GOAT mode, etc. It’s really cool.

Sadly, I found out about that feature the day after my Off-Roadro experience, otherwise I would have brought my own mount and recorded everything!

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered this one. Going to install a USB on the left side. Plus I'm left handled (y)

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

have you tried navigating to the end of your music library on your iPhone? somewhere along the way either Ford or Apple removed the letters that used to be along the right of the screen. tapping on T would take me to artists in my library that begin with T, etc... Scrolling through the entire library on that screen is not the most efficient way to go about it and don't get me started on Siri. She will either not hear what I said or begin playing the wrong things. For example. Hey Siri. play march of the pigs by nine inch nails from the downward spiral album. Siri begins playing march of the pigs from the live album. *grabs phone*
Sponsored