First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how hard it is going to be to get to the oil drain plug and oil filter with all the skid plates installed?
Once I saw how Mercedes does oil changes I purchased one of these and never went under another vehicle to do an oil change again . Also happy to hear the 2.7 has the upper mounted filter like the Mercedes has had for many years as that makes for a completely mess free and simple oil change .
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-1-4-quarter-gallon-oil-extractor-46149.html
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear that Toyota understands that vehicles should not be disposable.
Maybe Iā€˜ll look for a nice low mile FJ. And call it a day.

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone worried about the rzeppa style driveshaft connection on the yoke? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the solid axle and with a double cardan but I know the jeep experienced issues with the rzeppa style driveshaft. It's just not as strong. Common failure point. What's everyone's thought on this?

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kh1JUKl.jpg

I sure hope that Panhard Bar gets closer to horizontal with the body installed. As it looks here I would want to buy a drop kit for it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is anyone worried about the repezza style driveshaft connection on the yoke? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the solid axle and with a double cardan but I know the jeep experienced issues with the Repezza style driveshaft. It's just not as strong. Common failure point. What's everyone's thought on this?
Ford did not reuse FCA Jeep lack of quality.

Sponsored

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford did not reuse FCA Jeep lack of quality.
Easier said than done. One area that it fails is with a lift. Now...these things(Broncos) will be good to go starting off. If Ford offers a 2inch lift will that affect the Rzeppa style shaft and the increase in angle? Just something I saw and just because it's not FCA doesn't mean they can't have similar issues. I also understand that we are talking almost 20 years in difference and they very much could be better now. I was just curious if anyone has experienced any issues or had concerns about the connection point. I guess I was just looking for more than FCA sucks and Ford rules.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hate the way those shock mounts hang so low.
Only way to get travel for articulation unless you put the shock tower way up into the interior.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad to hear that Toyota understands that vehicles should not be disposable.
Maybe Iā€˜ll look for a nice low mile FJ. And call it a day.
Can't go wrong, however when I've looked into this, I was looking at $20k for examples with 200k miles, especially If I wanted any options and a manual trans. I'm sure the after market will respond with u-joint/yoke kits like they did for the JK crowd within 6 months, as well as greasable steering components. I don't mind replacing failed parts with better stuff, I guess. But I do notice when poor engineering from the industry leader leads to poor imitation from the competition.
I'm just hoping the better suspension, dual lockers, bigger tires, and 100 extra horsepower over my base model Tacoma makes up for the design oversights.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone worried about the rzeppa style driveshaft connection on the yoke? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the solid axle and with a double cardan but I know the jeep experienced issues with the rzeppa style driveshaft. It's just not as strong. Common failure point. What's everyone's thought on this?
My thought is it sucks...hopefully tom woods will come to the rescue!

Sponsored

K8GTH

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One 3/8 Grade 8 bolt has a single shear strength of 9930 lbs at a minimum. I honestly see no problem with the mounting of the recovery points shown. I get the feeling anybody who regularly gets themselves into situations that stresses these to their limits has either significantly modified the vehicle enough already that using aftermarket stuff anyways or they're doing stuff they really shouldn't anyways.

Last edited:

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One 3/8 Grade 8 bolt has a single shear strength of 9930 lbs at a minimum. I honestly see no problem with the mounting of the recovery points shown. I get the feeling anybody who regularly gets themselves into situations that stresses these to their limits has either significantly modified the vehicle enough already that using aftermarket stuff anyways or they're doing stuff they really shouldn't anyways.
Iā€™m no engineer but I find it super hard to believe that 2 3/8ā€ bolts (There May be 4) would snap off before whatever line towing it would snap

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once I saw how Mercedes does oil changes I purchased one of these and never went under another vehicle to do an oil change again . Also happy to hear the 2.7 has the upper mounted filter like the Mercedes has had for many years as that makes for a completely mess free and simple oil change .
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-1-4-quarter-gallon-oil-extractor-46149.html
I use this one, it works on my car and boat and as a plus bleeds the car brakes. Hand pump or Air connection.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I am looking at that rear frame member and the the receiver. Ford said Class II receiver, and it looks similarly constructed compared to the four bolt 2ā€ Jeep Class II receiver that was on my JK. I recently swapped mine out for a heavier Class III four bolt. The primary difference being front and rear plates are welded around the receiver tube, whereas like my OEM JK, this Ford one only the front plate appears to be welded around the tube.

I guess Ranger has 3500lbs without the heavy duty hitch which is bolted approximately where the tow hooks are bolted here?
Sponsored