Sponsored

Picture of Bronco sent by dealer: soft top doesn't look..right?

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Bronco was delivered today. Of course I'm out of town and was unable to look at it today. In the picture they sent me though the soft top looks like the side above the driver and passenger door is protruding out a bit? I'll admit I haven't seen many soft tops in person. Can anyone with a soft top confirm if this looks right or not? I'll be damned if this thing is f-ed from the start.

Ford Bronco Picture of Bronco sent by dealer: soft top doesn't look..right? IMG-2629
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One was like this at the dealer I just visited today. The side wasnā€™t tucked in. Not sure if they just didnā€™t finish putting the top on or what. I was wondering this too.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it is just a bad angle. That area does poke out a bit to make like a drip edge. That front edge by the A pillar is flatter and that is what gets everyone wet when they roll down the window in the rain. :)

Ford Bronco Picture of Bronco sent by dealer: soft top doesn't look..right? Factory

OP
OP
squid1

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it is just a bad angle. That area does poke out a bit to make like a drip edge. That front edge by the A pillar is flatter and that is what gets everyone wet when they roll down the window in the rain. :)

Ford Bronco Picture of Bronco sent by dealer: soft top doesn't look..right? Factory
Hoping you're right and it's just a bad angle! Thanks!

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it may be a bad angle, but it doesn't have to look like that. I'd review it. The back is a little tricky to get on because you have to pop in those upper corners. Looks like it just needs to be checked and fitted properly.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's wrong with this top?

The bottom of the side windows is straight and not raised after the first 3 inches as it is supposed to be, thus these windows lack the mandatory Bronco "wave". TAKE IT BACK TO DEALER for replacement. Seriously it looks like a different part number and that @Ford owes thousands of us a side window recall

The depressed front drip edge, however, is proper and consistent with all others and is meant to get your arm wet at Wendy's.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no idea what the guy above me said but the top looks ok to me. Itā€™ll probably look that way after you mess around with it a few times anyway. Donā€™t worry about it too much but so make sure itā€™s functioning properly.

augidog34

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While we are talking about the soft top, can someone check the window tints on on their soft top vs the door windows? I tinted my front row windows to match the back, and the place that I went highlighted the fact that the soft top windows have a bit of a ā€œpinkā€ tint to them. Not sure if itā€™s normal or just my window panels.
Sponsored