Sponsored

This text from dealer doesn't sound right or am I mis-informed?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
They're wrong (edit: and you're correct). The way the Ford documentation explains is that if your order goes in 1/20 or 3/19, the order will get scheduled the "same" (e.g. based on reservation date, options, model, etc. - all Ford determined, basically).

Edit: I put those dates as those are the order conversion dates / window.
Yes, agree! Ford has said this all along. BUT According to @Gamecock yesterday, Ford has thrown all that out the window and is now allowing dealers to do whatever they want. According to him, you can be the #1 timestamp at the dealer, but they can move 20 of their best clients in front of you that have later time stamps and you might get your vehicle in 2022. Essentially, he says time stamp is no longer relevant.

I continue to believe what Ford has said for months. Your place in line actually matters and together with the vehicles options will determine your production schedule. This was confirmed by the dealer I spoke with yesterday.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, agree! Ford has said this all along. BUT According to @Gamecock yesterday, Ford has thrown all that out the window and is now allowing dealers to do whatever they want. According to him, you can be the #1 timestamp at the dealer, but they can move 20 of their best clients in front of you that have later time stamps and you might get your vehicle in 2022. Essentially, he says time stamp is no longer relevant.

I continue to believe what Ford has said for months. Your place in line actually matters and together with the vehicles options will determine your production schedule. This was confirmed by the dealer I spoke with yesterday.
How many of your wrong posts should I paste in? Remember when you ranted that there was no allocation formula for MY21 and were so passionate for months...spewing misinformation? I do:

"(50% orders converted from reservations / 50% prior SUV sales and competitive registrations in their local market)."

Here's a thought experiment: Imagine your quoted allocation formula above applied to 2021 MY Broncos (It doesn't, but just imagine). We know Ford clearly said all 21 MY Broncos will go to reservation holders only. So, according to you...

1) Large/competitive dealers with no orders from early reservation holders will receive 2021 MY Broncos that they are free to sell in their showrooms. This will happen, even though Ford has explicitly said the opposite.

2) Some early July reservation holders at small dealers (i.e. Stephens will lots of reservations) will receive MY 22 Broncos, while much later reservation holders at large dealers will receive MY 21 Broncos. This will happen even though Ford said...

" Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. "

#####################
The following is your paraphrased quote which you said is written clear

"RESERVATION ORDERS WILL BE ALLOCATED to all dealers based on a proportional formula, one element of which is the number of reservations converted to orders."

Go look at the exact language as I know it does not say this.
Remember when you lied and said Ford was requiring a $500 deposit and wouldn't let that go? I do:

Ford will require dealers take an additional $500 deposit, not Ford itself taking it. It has not been communicated because the policy was still under discussion at the time. The deposit will be refundable and dealers are welcome to require more if they so choose.

The goal is to ensure a high percentage of folks that order actually take delivery and the extra deposit would certainly be effective.
I could paste your misinformation all day long....so, again, you think you know what you don't and are just as vehement as when you spread your crap above. Maybe know before you speak occasionally.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many of your wrong posts should I paste in? Remember when you ranted that there was no allocation formula for MY21 and were so passionate for months...spewing misinformation? I do:

I am interested in truth, so tell me what you believe. @Gamecock

Does Ford determine customer build dates based on 1) vehicle configuration, 2) dealer allocation and 3) reservation time stamp OR does #3 not apply and dealers can determine when their client builds will happen subject to #1 & #2, thereby negating timestamp relevance within that dealership?

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My salesman said the same, he will make sure mine is ordered first! This has to be addressed sooner then later so people can get there orders in, that will suck for first day reservation holders, I’m a July 17th, I had my $500 deposit in with my dealer for a week now, they told me $3000 off msrp when delivered, and when order banks open they are submitting my order first, and they can pull strings to get mine ordered first, reservation doesn’t mean early delivery , submitting an order first does.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Ford determine customer build dates based on 1) vehicle configuration, 2) dealer allocation and 3) reservation time stamp OR does #3 not apply and dealers can determine when their client builds will happen subject to #1 & #2, thereby negating timestamp relevance within that dealership?
I think you're misunderstanding what has been stated both by Ford dealers here, and through additional leaks over the past few weeks.

Ford is still scheduling based on the formulas/commodities/reservation order, etc.

BUT.

Dealer's supposedly can rank their Bronco orders based on priority (like they can rank any of their other orders). It's not that they are overriding reservation order (per se), it's that Ford is ostensibly saying "Hey, you've got 6 bronco's coming to you, and we can build these next 10 on your list... which 6 do you want first?

That way a dealer, knowing their customer can say "This guy has a trip planned, and wants his soon, and this guy is going to be out of the county and wants to wait, so de-prioritize his."

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's bullshit, as long as you order 1/19-3/19 your reservation order determines build order unless there is a supplier problem with what you order.
No, it determines (roughly) the build order at your particular dealer, not compared to other dealers.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're misunderstanding what has been stated both by Ford dealers here, and through additional leaks over the past few weeks.

Ford is still scheduling based on the formulas/commodities/reservation order, etc.

BUT.

Dealer's supposedly can rank their Bronco orders based on priority (like they can rank any of their other orders). It's not that they are overriding reservation order (per se), it's that Ford is ostensibly saying "Hey, you've got 6 bronco's coming to you, and we can build these next 10 on your list... which 6 do you want first?

That way a dealer, knowing their customer can say "This guy has a trip planned, and wants his soon, and this guy is going to be out of the county and wants to wait, so de-prioritize his."
You are saying Ford will build based upon

1) reservation order BUT

2) dealers can re-RANK (this means build in a different order)

These two conditions are mutually exclusive. It's either 1 or 2, not both.

If what you say is TRUE, then time stamp can be overridden. I do not belive this.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My salesman said the same, he will make sure mine is ordered first! This has to be addressed sooner then later so people can get there orders in, that will suck for first day reservation holders, I’m a July 17th, I had my $500 deposit in with my dealer for a week now, they told me $3000 off msrp when delivered, and when order banks open they are submitting my order first, and they can pull strings to get mine ordered first, reservation doesn’t mean early delivery , submitting an order first does.
My bullsh_t meter is registering 11.

Dealer tells customer, if you get your order in now, then you are first in line. Result, customer rushes to do what dealer says and that customer is locked in. Dealer is happy, customer is duped.

if you say gullible slow enough, is sounds like oranges

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bullsh_t meter is registering 11.

Dealer tells customer, if you get your order in now, then you are first in line. Result, customer rushes to do what dealer says and that customer is locked in. Dealer is happy, customer is duped.

if you say gullible slow enough, is sounds like oranges
Think about it, the dealer can prioritize you over earlier reservations, they can submit your order first and submit the other after.
Sponsored