Sponsored

Am I misunderstanding this or is it my dealer?

luxray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys! I've been lurking around here for months but now I've got kind of a problem.

So I'm an Aug 12th 2020 reservation. Originally, my first order submission was Jan 21st for the Base trim. But because of the MIC and part shortage fiascos, I figured I now have quite a bit of extra time to save up more for the car and decided to change my order to a Big Bend with a few more options added. It's a 2 door so it's not likely to be chosen anytime soon anyway.

I built a new order and sent the pdf to my dealer to make those changes for me back sometime in July or August this year. I didn't get any email back from him letting me know the changes were made nor did I get any email from Ford saying any updates were made. I'm not sure if I was even supposed to get an email from Ford about that. So I stopped by a week later and asked him myself and he did promise me he received the email and made the changes.

Fast forward to September, I noticed that my reservation info on Ford's site still said a January order date for a Base trim. I figured it won't be a big deal since rumor had it that B&P was opening soon and a new order would have to be submitted anyway so I left it as is and waited for the MY22 B&P.

The day B&P opened I built my updated order again, with one small change from the order in July/August, and emailed my dealer the updated pdf. I called him the day after to confirm he received my email and he said he did and would make the update as soon as he got the chance to. I check my Ford account a few days later and see that it still says MY21 Base trim so I call him again to ask about that. He explains that on his end he sees the Big Bend trim but on my account it says Base trim, so he wanted me to come in so we can clear it up and build the updated order together and he'll submit it that day. So I go in a few days later when I get the chance and he's busy with another customer so he sets up a different salesman to build the order with me. I'm again promised by this other guy that the order will be submitted by the GM Monday morning and should receive an email soon after. By Wednesday I still hadn't heard anything and my account now has updated to a MY22 Base trim.

So I stop by today to talk to him about it and he promises the changes were made. He says that Ford automatically rolls over all orders to MY22 and if we submit a new order it's essentially going to put me in the back of the line. This is what confuses me because from the info I've gotten here at B6G is that dealers have to confirm with customers first before converting the order. Anyways, I bring up the fact that I never received any email about the update to my order and he essentially blows me off and explains that I will not be receiving any emails until my order is scheduled for production. I kept trying to explain that the scheduling email isn't what I'm asking about at all, I was asking about the Order Update email I've seen so many people receive. He still didn't really answer that and continued to stress that I won't be getting anything for a while due to the part shortages and chip shortages. Shortages or not, I should still receive an UPDATE email!! At this point I was frustrated and just left.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that ALL dealers have to submit a brand new order for ALL unscheduled Broncos to convert them to MY22. And if I'm not mistaken they are supposed to contact all reservation holders to confirm that they still want to keep the same specs for the order, right? And if there are any of you who changed trims at any point, did you see your reservation change on your Ford account to the new trim and did you receive any emails from Ford about that change?

I'm going to contact Ford on Monday to see if they can see the update to the Big Bend, and if that's a no I'm changing dealers. 🥲
Ford Bronco Am I misunderstanding this or is it my dealer? Screenshot_20211030-151130_Samsung Internet
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask to see the DORA. You’ll probably get the same thing I get. Crickets. Try to see what your priority code is. If 99, you will never get scheduled. I would try to contact Ford customer service and ask them to escalate.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They have to submit it and you will get a confirmation email that your order was made. Some get that email right away. Some get it a few days later. Mine took a week for some reason. I also got the order updated email 12 hours after that and I called Ford to make sure they didn’t go in and Jack with my order after it was confirmed.
Next time you go in, make sure you have them print you a copy of the WBDO/DORA. Have them sign and agree to price once you do.
Don’t rely on your Ford account website to be correct. Ford has made sure that is as flawed as the hard tops.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The trim and image will most likely not update. I changed from BB to OBX and it never did change on that page. I recently got scheduled and my build is the correct OBX trim. The dealer is full of shit about updating your order for 2022 putting you at the back, though.

OP
OP
luxray

luxray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool, cool. Thanks! Will definitely ask for the DORA next time I stop by, and I'm for sure contacting Ford tomorrow now that I've checked and it says they are available tomorrow as well.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My original order was for a BB. For 22 I changed to a BD and added roof rails. I got my confirmation order a few hours after I met with my sales guy.

Now, under my ford account it still shows a BB as my vehicle, as a 22, however, I got the scheduling email this week for my 22 BD, scheduled for week of 1/3.

All that is to say that your dealers could be correct in that what they are seeing on their end is the 22 BB you ordered while at the same time the Ford site is showing you as a 22 Base.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, Ford is terrible at communicating. (and water is wet)

Ford ended up converting all unschedualed MY21 to MY22. They were also supposed to change everything to code 99. That's so that the customer has a chance to review the order.

So, when you go in, get a copy of the DORA and verrify everything is correct. If you had RR or AMB as a color you will need to pick a new color as well.

Everyone who changed trims for 21 never had the Ford webpage update. It's ridiculous. Ford would save a lot of heartache if the website showed your actual trim, transmission, engine, and color.

OP
OP
luxray

luxray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, Ford is terrible at communicating. (and water is wet)

Ford ended up converting all unschedualed MY21 to MY22. They were also supposed to change everything to code 99. That's so that the customer has a chance to review the order.

So, when you go in, get a copy of the DORA and verrify everything is correct. If you had RR or AMB as a color you will need to pick a new color as well.

Everyone who changed trims for 21 never had the Ford webpage update. It's ridiculous. Ford would save a lot of heartache if the website showed your actual trim, transmission, engine, and color.
Exactly. If it was updated on the site it would've saved me from about 4 frustrating conversations that went nowhere with my dealer. 😒 My color is good though, I've kept my VB color from the beginning 👍 I will keep all this in mind though, thank you!

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys! I've been lurking around here for months but now I've got kind of a problem.

So I'm an Aug 12th 2020 reservation. Originally, my first order submission was Jan 21st for the Base trim. But because of the MIC and part shortage fiascos, I figured I now have quite a bit of extra time to save up more for the car and decided to change my order to a Big Bend with a few more options added. It's a 2 door so it's not likely to be chosen anytime soon anyway.

I built a new order and sent the pdf to my dealer to make those changes for me back sometime in July or August this year. I didn't get any email back from him letting me know the changes were made nor did I get any email from Ford saying any updates were made. I'm not sure if I was even supposed to get an email from Ford about that. So I stopped by a week later and asked him myself and he did promise me he received the email and made the changes.

Fast forward to September, I noticed that my reservation info on Ford's site still said a January order date for a Base trim. I figured it won't be a big deal since rumor had it that B&P was opening soon and a new order would have to be submitted anyway so I left it as is and waited for the MY22 B&P.

The day B&P opened I built my updated order again, with one small change from the order in July/August, and emailed my dealer the updated pdf. I called him the day after to confirm he received my email and he said he did and would make the update as soon as he got the chance to. I check my Ford account a few days later and see that it still says MY21 Base trim so I call him again to ask about that. He explains that on his end he sees the Big Bend trim but on my account it says Base trim, so he wanted me to come in so we can clear it up and build the updated order together and he'll submit it that day. So I go in a few days later when I get the chance and he's busy with another customer so he sets up a different salesman to build the order with me. I'm again promised by this other guy that the order will be submitted by the GM Monday morning and should receive an email soon after. By Wednesday I still hadn't heard anything and my account now has updated to a MY22 Base trim.

So I stop by today to talk to him about it and he promises the changes were made. He says that Ford automatically rolls over all orders to MY22 and if we submit a new order it's essentially going to put me in the back of the line. This is what confuses me because from the info I've gotten here at B6G is that dealers have to confirm with customers first before converting the order. Anyways, I bring up the fact that I never received any email about the update to my order and he essentially blows me off and explains that I will not be receiving any emails until my order is scheduled for production. I kept trying to explain that the scheduling email isn't what I'm asking about at all, I was asking about the Order Update email I've seen so many people receive. He still didn't really answer that and continued to stress that I won't be getting anything for a while due to the part shortages and chip shortages. Shortages or not, I should still receive an UPDATE email!! At this point I was frustrated and just left.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that ALL dealers have to submit a brand new order for ALL unscheduled Broncos to convert them to MY22. And if I'm not mistaken they are supposed to contact all reservation holders to confirm that they still want to keep the same specs for the order, right? And if there are any of you who changed trims at any point, did you see your reservation change on your Ford account to the new trim and did you receive any emails from Ford about that change?

I'm going to contact Ford on Monday to see if they can see the update to the Big Bend, and if that's a no I'm changing dealers. 🥲
Ford Bronco Am I misunderstanding this or is it my dealer? Screenshot_20211030-151130_Samsung Internet
In my case, I received the updated email from Ford and when checking my account on the Ford Owner site it did update my trim change from OBX to a Badlands.

1405EFD1-D28B-495C-AA3F-D66183665577.png

DF2DC49F-7028-417D-8CDD-0BD9BF235C6C.png

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t be surprised if they don’t know what a DORA is.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After 12 days I have not received an email from FORD that my re-order (2022) was received.
My Ford page does say 2022.....but I should have sworn that it changed to 2022 before I even re-ordered.
My Dealer assures me it went through but cannot find my DORA....and they say there is no way to get a new copy of it.
Ford Chat was of no help.
I called the Bronco Support Team # and after on hold for an hour...it hung up on me.
So at this point I need to assume my 2022 re-order went through. I don't like not having a DORA to confirm it and confirm all the coding.

WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE GETTING EMAILS AND SOME OF US ARE NOT???????????????

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After 12 days I have not received an email from FORD that my re-order (2022) was received.
My Ford page does say 2022.....but I should have sworn that it changed to 2022 before I even re-ordered.
My Dealer assures me it went through but cannot find my DORA....and they say there is no way to get a new copy of it.
Ford Chat was of no help.
I called the Bronco Support Team # and after on hold for an hour...it hung up on me.
So at this point I need to assume my 2022 re-order went through. I don't like not having a DORA to confirm it and confirm all the coding.

WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE GETTING EMAILS AND SOME OF US ARE NOT???????????????
Ummm, can't they just go back into their system and print it?
My dealer always emailed a copy to me.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ummm, can't they just go back into their system and print it?
My dealer always emailed a copy to me.
They said it is not possible to do so. Apparently it is sent to them and there is no way to retrieve it or print another one.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forget the email. It's been flaky as hell. Lots of us haven't received them.

Also instead of going to the "ordering with dealer" page, see if there's anything on the Ford site using your reservation number instead of the x's:

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=XXXXXXXX

Your dealer sounds clueless but that doesn't necessarily mean your order is messed up.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He says that Ford automatically rolls over all orders to MY22 and if we submit a new order it's essentially going to put me in the back of the line.
Ford did roll over MY21 order and converted them to MY22 but assigned them all a priority code of 99. The dealer was supposed to confirm each order with the res holder and assign a priority code of 10-19 (which doesn't matter).

These converted orders can be updated and changed at the desire if the res holder. A new order is not required. As others have stated, get a copy of your order preview and/or DORA so you can confirm your build and priority code. Don't take no for an answer.
Sponsored