Sponsored

Is my wife right that I'm nuts, or am I brilliant??? Please gut check me!!

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

My question for the group:

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
2) Is this brilliant and if you could you would do the exact same thing?
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

This seems like a no brainer, please gut check me :)
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I think you should wait for what you truly want/ordered. I was also at an impatient point while waiting for mine. However now that I have it, I know I made the right choice by waiting.

If you need a new vehicle, that’s a different story…

OP
OP

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't need a vehicle.... I have a Tacoma and its held its value great and would be an even trade to the Bronco.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I say go cut the grass. I disagree with paying over msrp for various reasons.
Don't be "that guy"

Sponsored

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A) You're not nuts. And you're asking a bunch of enthusiasts, so you'll probably get a lot of support here. B) I would have a hard time reconciling the differences in the 2 Broncos, myself. WT/2.7/Lux is a lot different than a OBX/2.3/Mid. In my opinion, I would just the sell the OBX once you get the WT. You'll still probably make a profit, assuming you get the WT in the next year or two. Big assumption, btw. And I'm one of the crew who ordered back in July 2020, who still doesn't have mine. Hopefully soon, though. Good luck!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.
Let's start here and unpack THIS for a minute.
Do you feel as a failure for not getting a bronco now?
Can you not have fun without a bronco?

And a question we must all all ourselves from time to time, are you bored or boring?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I think you should wait for what you truly want/ordered. I was also at an impatient point while waiting for mine. However now that I have it, I know I made the right choice by waiting.

If you need a new vehicle, that’s a different story…
Because, yeah, you can always get that time and those memories back. LOL

OP, it's your money. If it's important enough to have ANY Bronco for this summer AND you are aware of the costs and risks .... you could lose your ass on it ...... then make your decision.

If you don't have a Bronco, what are you going to do over the summer? In what vehicle?
The same things?
If so, I'm not certain possibly lossing several grand is worth just to drive a Bronco to the theme park.

Now, if your trading a luxury car in for a 4wd vehicle and plan to wheel the Rockies, etc ....
Maybe look into rental Jeeps and weigh that against purchasing a Bronco you don't really want.

Who am I to talk, I ordered a Base just to get a feel for this new vehicle and see what I may want to do differently ..... so far, next one is a 4 door! LOL

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

My question for the group:

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
2) Is this brilliant and if you could you would do the exact same thing?
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

This seems like a no brainer, please gut check me :)
Are you going to trade it in to save taxes on the incoming? I did. I bought one last summer cause the dealership and I weren't positive mine would actually get built at that point. So I searched and searched and found one. At MSRP. Bought it, fast forward to Jan. Mine finally showed up. I now trade in the previous one for 3k more than I had into it. Save more on taxes I don't have to pay and bought my original one outright. Made like 7k on the deal by doing it was and saved my money for mods.... And no headache. Over and done with in 20 mins. Didn't have to deal with annoying private buyers. Lol

Ps... My wife said I was crazy annnd stupid and it wouldn't work, at all. It was nice being able to be a bit smug about it. Lol

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you ordered a hard top V6 with lux, and extra cost special suspension (presumably because it was really important to you), and... you don't see any conflict with accepting a soft top, standard suspension, weaker axle, no front locker, no A4 transfer case (by your numbers it was not optioned with it.), so no rear locker either. No trail turn assist, and some other off road goodies. This is something you want to pay ADM to keep for an undetermined amount of time and hope you don't lose too much money.

Just wait five minutes until a squirrel or something shiny catches your eye, you will forget all about the Bronco and want something else. These two broncos are about as different as can be, you are a flake for even considering the OBX on a temporary basis.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The caution is that your used OBX price a year from now could be very different than what you think you'd get now. Interest rates are going to be higher, more Broncos are going to be available, etc. I don't think breaking even a year from now is even close to guaranteed. In fact, I think it's worse odds than selling for a depreciated amount in a year.

You do you, but if breaking even is your floor, it's highly risky imo.

OP
OP

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to get rid of my 2 door 2007 jeep when I had kids 10 years ago and just finally got the green light from the spouse to get a Bronco. So yes I'm overly excited. I know real world problems here :)

I work from home, so my joy does come from short rides around town and the kids are 10 & 13 and know they would just love it!

And yes I'm bored.... Grrrr, get out of my head :)

Not that boring though :) I have friend and don't have to pay them to call me