Sponsored

Prediction: I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup. These will be dealt with with a "tsb" (tech service bulletin). Basically we found an issue, this is the corrective action and here's your next step. If we blew this can produce good tops they have to keep pace with ford projected production. 600 a day conservatably and since most of production is soft tops now they can do reform and 2drs at the same time.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what most people don't know is the sound the door makes when you close it actually designed to sound that way
Chrysler did just that in the late 60's. Their doors have a distinct sound when being closed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford can print what the want but those out there are going to be warranty items bought and paid for. When parts are available they'll replace. Dirt mtn is money just sitting. They're gonna want to move those fast. Anyone who's done manufacturing knows how these games get played. Plus publicly ford needs to have certain optics so there shareholders don't run...
That still doesn't answer the question if that is fact or just your speculation.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haha. No sympathy required. I'm not upset about any of it at all. I just cant imagine anyone being amped up until they gets theirs in 2023. Thats all. Just dont want people to set them selves up for disappointment.
I get what you’re saying. You probably got yours before you ever drove one. Maybe before you saw one in person. That’s the position almost everyone who put their order in before the March original reservation holder deadline had to face. There will and have been those that ultimately backed out on their order for many different reasons.

i guess my initial reaction to your post was out of line but please understand that most of us on this forum will not understand posts like yours that are overly negative about a delivered Bronco without some real reasons explained to back up that sentiment. Most everything we read and see online is overwhelming positive when it comes to to actual driving and the ownership experience. But all of our expectations and impressions will be personal so no judgement from me. You own an asset right now so do whatever you want with it.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That still doesn't answer the question if that is fact or just your speculation.
Whenever auto makers discover issues they issue "tsb"s (tech service Bulletins) or recall letter. They normally say here's what we found, this is the fix and then what the expectation is going forward. Ford says this is cosmetic which in their minds isn't a" mechanical failure" so the tops are still serviceable. They stated that those who have vehicles will be getting a letter telling them of the replacement timeline. If weblewthis can make v2 tops correctly to keep pace with production then they can clear this up in 60 days. Let's not forget that the bronco isn't the only issue. They have a lot in Kentucky with f series trucks waiting for chips. So if that's 5k and the dirt mountain is 3k that's 8k unsold vehicles. Say each is bare minimum of 30k, that's 240 million in stock just sitting. I would say there's a bit of pressure to get ALL issues resolved.

Sponsored

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never understood why Ford would prioritize replacing roofs on those with a delivered MIC Bronco over those sitting on dirt mountain. That seems to be what this communication from Ford implies but I don’t see them chasing down owners to get them into a dealership to put on a new top on it before they start replacing dirt mountain roofs. If someone can rationalize this differently then I’m all ears.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never understood why Ford would prioritize replacing roofs on those with a delivered MIC Bronco over those sitting on dirt mountain. That seems to be what this communication from Ford implies but I don’t see them chasing down owners to get them into a dealership to put on a new top on it before they start replacing dirt mountain roofs. If someone can rationalize this differently then I’m all ears.
It doesn't imply that. Those bullets aren't in priority order, they are just the different categories. What it is saying is that when enough excess MIC2.0 exist for field replacements, they will contact owners in build date order.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW I agree. Even if my top were making noise, I’d rather Dirty Mountain get delivered first, because I narrowly escaped it and can’t imagine what those folks are going through.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It doesn't imply that. Those bullets aren't in priority order, they are just the different categories. What it is saying is that when enough excess MIC2.0 exist for field replacements, they will contact owners in build date order.
Maybe I misinterpreted something I read from Ford that was different from this memo but there’s a thread on this forum addressing the same issue when the announcement of how they were going to prioritize the new tops for already built vehicles and it wasn’t going to start with dirt mountain. And I’m sorry for using that name-dirt mountain. I would be really pissed if mine was sitting in a parking lot with no way to get it right now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm making the prediction right now, Ford will have to cancel several 2021 VINs and push us out to 22s.

My build: BL, MIC, 4 Door, SAS, 2.7, Lux, Leather
Reservation: Day 1, 2 hours and 7 minutes after launch, #2 allocation at my dealer (was #1 but got bumped by their priority order).

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May, original build date was 7/19. Pushed back 3 times and now I'm in the group of non-built MIC orders that are waiting for word in October.

Let me set the table for my prediction: They can't build my order and other orders like it until they replace all of the current and dirt mountain tops. So they've started building soft-top orders and almost anyone that could switch has. Watching these build date emails roll in, there are a lot of high optioned Broncos being scheduled. A lot of 2.7s, SAS, High/Lux,... A lot of commodities that have been constraint issues all year.

So here is how it's going to go down: When they get all of the current bad tops done they'll start building FEs again. Every single FE is a 2.7, SAS, Lux. They will run out of the commodities and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD MY BRONCO IN 2021. So they're going to have to cancel my VIN and I'm going to get screwed.

Tell me I'm wrong....
You're right... the FE's will go before yours. But why would you want a "last day built" MY21?...

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. No sympathy required. I'm not upset about any of it at all. I just cant imagine anyone being amped up until they gets theirs in 2023. Thats all. Just dont want people to set them selves up for disappointment.
Are you someone who gets new cars often? I've been driving my car for 12 years now. At this point, a new scooter would be exciting.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The delivered vehicles are now 'Customers' who own a Bronco. I would assume Ford wants to ensure it's owners are taken care as soon as possible. Movement and rubbing of the Top from daily use will cause additional wear and tear on seals, body paint etc. They want to ensure their owners are taken care of. Just a guess.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, I think that you will get a MY21 Bronco (not sure if you will get it in 2021) if you don't cancel. VIN's without build dates will be built before MY22 units roll off the line as far as I can tell. Delivery is a different story, but I do believe that Ford will produce all the assigned VIN numbers (MIC or Not). Will you be stuck waiting? Yes. However, you will get an MY21 Bronco, even if your production date is 2022 (which could be a boon based on rarity).

And yes, I am a. Dirt Mountain Storage Complex prisoner!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just remember, Ford doesn't actually have to start MY22 Job#1 on 13 December like they plan.

It's perfectly legal for them to extend MY21 builds into 2022. A "model year" is allowed to span 18 months of production.

I'd expect that's a lot less government paperwork than cancelling already issued VINs.
Sponsored