Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I ordered a few weeks ago I was conservative and safe. I want a Bronco soon and I was willing to sacrifice. Now I have dived deep into research and text drove some Broncos and Wranglers and that changed the game for me. I originally wanted OBX - 4door - high package - 2.7L - green and didn't add some of the items I wanted and kept the price around $46K.

After more research I realized that after I pay this damn thing off (at this rate 5 years will be late 2027 if Im lucky) then I would be driving an old bronco, with little off roading capability, and not even the highest level of technology available. I really don't wanna be upside down in my loan in a few years let alone 5.

I changed my order today wildly to a OBX - 2 door - lux package - 2.7L - 4x4 auto - green - tow package and came out around $49K once the fees are all said and done (in OR we do not really have a sales tax). I know this is going to take a lot longer but its the car I want and I think will have a more attractive resale value with the off roading abilities, bigger engine, and the tech.

My best guess is that I will see this car in the summer, late summer, but at least I will have what I want and can save a much larger down payment.
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the 2 door better but my Basesquatch will not have leather butt heaters, etc. The green is well just too crazy for me, I went thru what you are and decided I want something that will wheel when I need it and am getting the 2.7/auto too. Picked Carb grey I daughter just bought a 4x4 Ranger in the same color and its beautiful. Good luck with your order. I am 7/14 reservation.

Last edited:

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

welcome to the waiting game

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two-door is the only way to go in my eyes. I have been lucky enough to see a few Broncos out in the wild and they all were four-door soft tops. Looks like a minivan with a tarp over it. Just a rectangle with wheels.

Just my opinion but two-door is the way to go unless you NEED the cargo space. Which I def understand.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be happy with dirt Mountain at this point. No vin or build date first 12 hours res and still waiting. Ford deffently F--KED me :unsure:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I ordered a few weeks ago I was conservative and safe. I want a Bronco soon and I was willing to sacrifice. Now I have dived deep into research and text drove some Broncos and Wranglers and that changed the game for me. I originally wanted OBX - 4door - high package - 2.7L - green and didn't add some of the items I wanted and kept the price around $46K.

After more research I realized that after I pay this damn thing off (at this rate 5 years will be late 2027 if Im lucky) then I would be driving an old bronco, with little off roading capability, and not even the highest level of technology available. I really don't wanna be upside down in my loan in a few years let alone 5.

I changed my order today wildly to a OBX - 2 door - lux package - 2.7L - 4x4 auto - green - tow package and came out around $49K once the fees are all said and done (in OR we do not really have a sales tax). I know this is going to take a lot longer but its the car I want and I think will have a more attractive resale value with the off roading abilities, bigger engine, and the tech.

My best guess is that I will see this car in the summer, late summer, but at least I will have what I want and can save a much larger down payment.
I definitely think that you made the right decision!!!

Ford Bronco I changed my order to a 2-door! ugh I'm gonna have to wait Mark Little Pony

By the way my Carbonized Gray Outer Banks 2D, 2.7, Adv4x4, Lux pkg, Tow pkg, Roast Int. weighed in at 4319#. With 330 HP, that gives it between 85.5%-88.5% of the HP/Weight of a 2006 Mustang Cobra! :)

2021 Bronco 2D 2.7 OBX 4319# / 330 HP = 13.09 Lbs / 1 HP
2006 SN-95 Cobra Coupe 3391# / 305 HP = 11.19 Lbs / 1 HP
2006 SN-95 Cobra Convertible 3531# / 305 HP = 11.58 Lbs / 1 HP

That's not too shabby!

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not how JIT manufacturing works.

OP
OP

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The funny thing is I just talked to my dealer to confirm the changes and it looks like they had scheduled my original order for build because it was so simple....now i lost that spot in line and he has a car to sell. Win for him and me considering that if I am gonna shell out $50,000 for a car it better be exactly as I want it. But damn I could have had my second choice

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dangit. Now you guys have me thinking about a 2dr again.

I need to quit throwing that pro vs. con list away everytime I come back to the 4dr. 😆

OP
OP

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dangit. Now you guys have me thinking about a 2dr again.

I need to quit throwing that pro vs. con list away everytime I come back to the 4dr. 😆
Yeah i figure for $XX,XXX I should get the one i want and also the one i can resale. I think i hit a good mix

OP
OP

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I definitely think that you made the right decision!!!

Ford Bronco I changed my order to a 2-door! ugh I'm gonna have to wait Mark Little Pony

By the way my Carbonized Gray Outer Banks 2D, 2.7, Adv4x4, Lux pkg, Tow pkg, Roast Int. weighed in at 4319#. With 330 HP, that gives it between 85.5%-88.5% of the HP/Weight of a 2006 Mustang Cobra! :)

2021 Bronco 2D 2.7 OBX 4319# / 330 HP = 13.09 Lbs / 1 HP
2006 SN-95 Cobra Coupe 3391# / 305 HP = 11.19 Lbs / 1 HP
2006 SN-95 Cobra Convertible 3531# / 305 HP = 11.58 Lbs / 1 HP

That's not too shabby!
Nice! I saw the grey irl and it was beautiful
Sponsored