Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not sure Fins and Things is much easier. There are some cool obstacles on it as well. If I had to do just one I would pick Hell’s Revenge because you have great views of the Colorado River and you can potentially see carnage at Hell’s Gate. It’s pretty fun to sit a while and watch on a busy day. I always do both.
If you don’t do any of the obstacles, do you still need to air down?
Sponsored

drmdwebb

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Wildtrak in Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don’t do any of the obstacles, do you still need to air down?
In a word, yes. It’s not a question of obstacle or not. The trail is full of steep stuff, and airing down is far better. Most of Hell’s Revenge is slick rock, but it’s still steep and you need good traction. I would def air down. I’ve done most of my runs there in a side-by-side, and my tires (35s) are at 10 psi. It’s harder in your daily driver because you have to air back up. But I wouldn’t do any slick rock trails like HR or FaT without airing down, especially in a 4x4.

woodysfj40

Outer Banks
First Name
woody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BJ74, FZJ80, NCV3, JHF
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Airing down does a few things:

1> 100x better ride
2> better traction/footprint size
3> 100x less impact to the terrain (less likely to spin)

We are always in/out of town, but if you end up thru the REAL mecca of offroad (Hurricane UT) and need anything, let me know.

OP
OP
Mishra42

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well It's Been an action packed few day. I dropped my friends off at the Airport Yesterday and am taking a down day. I've been in the car for 4-8 hours a day for 9 days! I'm a little limited on my photos as I was taking a lot of video and my computer is full. So until I can get decent internet it'll be a bit.

The Off-Roadeo was awesome though. I had two friends with me and we traded off Driving throughout the day. Both of them came away with a respect and enthusiasm for off roading. They took us over to the Dome Plateau, which is an excellent Beginner Trail. Nothing is to difficult with someone to talk you trough it and you really build confidence in what the car can do. First thing they do is have us bank the car 20 Degrees and get it stuck. Our guide was excellent and the group nice and small, 4 cars. Even if you're not at the Off-Roadeo and are relatively new to the sport I'd say it's a great warm-up trail. with some scenic views, natural caves and even an abandoned mine(it only goes like 20 ft you can see the whole thing from the entrance)
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" IMG_6069

The resort they use here in Moab is beautiful, but expensive.
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" IMG_6070

My buddy Arjuna and our ride for the day
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" IMG_6096

The most challenging obstacle of the day.

The next day we took a guided run at Finns and Things and Hells Revenge and learned how much more old Lucy is capable of. We used Outlaw Adventure Tours and our guide Nick was awesome. When he saw we had a Bronco he switched out his Jeep to the company Bronco so we could be a matched set. We only did the lower loop of Finns so we'd have enough time for Hells. Just a great all around experience and having Nick there saved me a couple of times. We also got to use the new exit they've opened up that's not on any maps. I didn't quite have the nerve to try the Devil's gate in Lucy yet, but we road up with Nick in a stock Badlands Bronco and he made it look easy.
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" 20230909_104756

Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" 20230909_125714

Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" IMG_6198
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" 20230909_150320
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" 20230909_160137

Some minor scuffs on the rails and Gas tank skid plate.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In a word, yes. It’s not a question of obstacle or not. The trail is full of steep stuff, and airing down is far better. Most of Hell’s Revenge is slick rock, but it’s still steep and you need good traction. I would def air down. I’ve done most of my runs there in a side-by-side, and my tires (35s) are at 10 psi. It’s harder in your daily driver because you have to air back up. But I wouldn’t do any slick rock trails like HR or FaT without airing down, especially in a 4x4.
Did the loop without any obstacles at 22psi. Helluv’an experience
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" IMG_0043

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well It's Been an action packed few day. I dropped my friends off at the Airport Yesterday and am taking a down day. I've been in the car for 4-8 hours a day for 9 days! I'm a little limited on my photos as I was taking a lot of video and my computer is full. So until I can get decent internet it'll be a bit.

The Off-Roadeo was awesome though. I had two friends with me and we traded off Driving throughout the day. Both of them came away with a respect and enthusiasm for off roading. They took us over to the Dome Plateau, which is an excellent Beginner Trail. Nothing is to difficult with someone to talk you trough it and you really build confidence in what the car can do. First thing they do is have us bank the car 20 Degrees and get it stuck. Our guide was excellent and the group nice and small, 4 cars. Even if you're not at the Off-Roadeo and are relatively new to the sport I'd say it's a great warm-up trail. with some scenic views, natural caves and even an abandoned mine(it only goes like 20 ft you can see the whole thing from the entrance)

The resort they use here in Moab is beautiful, but expensive.

My buddy Arjuna and our ride for the day

The most challenging obstacle of the day.

The next day we took a guided run at Finns and Things and Hells Revenge and learned how much more old Lucy is capable of. We used Outlaw Adventure Tours and our guide Nick was awesome. When he saw we had a Bronco he switched out his Jeep to the company Bronco so we could be a matched set. We only did the lower loop of Finns so we'd have enough time for Hells. Just a great all around experience and having Nick there saved me a couple of times. We also got to use the new exit they've opened up that's not on any maps. I didn't quite have the nerve to try the Devil's gate in Lucy yet, but we road up with Nick in a stock Badlands Bronco and he made it look easy.

Some minor scuffs on the rails and Gas tank skid plate.

How cool!! We love seeing a Bronco in it's natural habitat. Thank you for sharing this amazing adventure with us! 😎

drmdwebb

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Wildtrak in Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did the loop without any obstacles at 22psi. Helluv’an experience
I love Hells Revenge and Fins and Things. It's a fun day to do both. Not the most gnarly of obstacles, but still lots of fun. And there are some optional things like Hell's Gate. I've done these in both a rock crawler and in the side-by-side, and haven't tired of it yet.

I know this isn't a side-by-side forum, but here goes:

Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 8.48.07 PM

I know it doesn't look like it, but there actually is a driver in that KRX--it's the angles! I need to do it in the Bronco next!

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love Hells Revenge and Fins and Things. It's a fun day to do both. Not the most gnarly of obstacles, but still lots of fun. And there are some optional things like Hell's Gate. I've done these in both a rock crawler and in the side-by-side, and haven't tired of it yet.

I know this isn't a side-by-side forum, but here goes:

Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 8.48.07 PM

I know it doesn't look like it, but there actually is a driver in that KRX--it's the angles! I need to do it in the Bronco next!
Ford Bronco Pittsburgh to Utah in my Bronco "Lusitania" IMG_0038

We were sitting on that ledge at the hells gate. The guide with the cliffhanger rental was spotting a bunch of his customers all first timers and they all came up perfectly without any issues. The next one was a Land Rover being spotted by his friend and it almost tipped over couple times and another random spotter had to takeover. With that cf guide as the spotter, I wouldn’t mind taking my bronco up it
Sponsored